What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Perth Red

Post Whore
They would have been directed to behave this way by their leader, Newton.

I sincerely hope that Newton has also sat them down and said
"Guys what we are trying to achieve here is going to get Insurance companies do something that they never have done, and do not do for anyone else in the community. Having injuries that could have been caused by our work, but haven't surfaced for years later, is not something anyone in the world is covered for. It is not the NRL we are fighting for this, it is Insurance Companies and lawyers"
It doesn't need to be run through insurance companies. It can be a set $ amount over a set period of time. No need for insurance companies to be involved. The NRL funds the RLPA to set aside the money and run the program as they do in AFL which I showed above.

Pneuma

First Grade
The strategy being used by the players is really poor. I’m not saying it’s not a legitimate cause. I just think it’s alienating them from everyone.

Iamback

Coach
The strategy being used by the players is really poor. I’m not saying it’s not a legitimate cause. I just think it’s alienating them from everyone.

It would have more affect to go 12 months cover we don't find adequate, We have asked for x amount instead

Iamback

Coach
Getting pretty close to the women’s all star game being cancelled I’d imagine - can’t expect them to train and play without the security of insurance in the event of an injury.

The NRL have f**ked this up big time. Stand with the players, without them we don’t have a game.

“At this point in time we’ve named our squad…Everyone on that list wants to play. Everyone on that list is insured as well.”

I thought they had no insurance? They aren't protected against loss of earning but get a match fee for the week and are protected against injury

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore

“At this point in time we’ve named our squad…Everyone on that list wants to play. Everyone on that list is insured as well.”

I thought they had no insurance? They aren't protected against loss of earning but can a match fee for the week and are protected against injury
Isnt their issue that if they play the game and get injured when they have no contract with a club in place that they are then stuffed? As opposed to having a contract with Club A, they get injured which puts them out for 6 months, Club A has a responsibility to look after them and keep paying them.

siv

First Grade
Isnt their issue that if they play the game and get injured when they have no contract with a club in place that they are then stuffed? As opposed to having a contract with Club A, they get injured which puts them out for 6 months, Club A has a responsibility to look after them and keep paying them.
My real example is a old player from the 90s who needs a knee operation. And cant work until addressed

He never got the big SL war or NRL money

Today its been Men In League to manage these situations and these should in charge of any such past players fund

mave

Coach
My real example is a old player from the 90s who needs a knee operation. And cant work until addressed

He never got the big SL war or NRL money

Today its been Men In League to manage these situations and these should in charge of any such past players fund

Hang on.

Plenty of tradies knees are shot after 20 odd years of work.
Day to day is a constant battle to keep working....and earning.

They never got big SL war, or big NRL money either.

They earn what they earn, pay for insurance if they can afford it, just like everyone else.

Or, alternatively.......choose a different career path?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Someone mentioned Men of League.

FYI, It is now Family of League:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hang on.

Plenty of tradies knees are shot after 20 odd years of work.
Day to day is a constant battle to keep working....and earning.

They never got big SL war, or big NRL money either.

They earn what they earn, pay for insurance if they can afford it, just like everyone else.

Or, alternatively.......choose a different career path?
I'm not sure highlighting one group who have it tough is a good reason for everyone to have to have it tough, especially if they can change it?

Perth Red

Post Whore
And they should get special treatment because?

The CBA is about what is fair
Because they can, because 600 workers are responsible for a $1billion income, because their job entails them literally smashing their bodies to pieces in the name of entertainment. id say looking after the players that bring in the money post career as best we can, given we know the damage they are doing to themselves, seems “fair”.

I'm not sure highlighting one group who have it tough is a good reason for everyone to have to have it tough, especially if they can change it?
I think the point is, the average NRL fan deals with this shyte a great deal.
The players association has read the room wrong in how they have presented it.
They need a very much smarter person in charge than Newton.

Pneuma

First Grade
Because they can, because 600 workers are responsible for a $1billion income, because their job entails them literally smashing their bodies to pieces in the name of entertainment. id say looking after the players that bring in the money post career as best we can, given we know the damage they are doing to themselves, seems “fair”.
You really are a boring turd.

Pneuma

First Grade
As we discuss this matter let’s remember this. The whinging Pom from Perth is just that. He hates.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I have seen players get injured. I have not seen any literally smashed to pieces so you're being very over dramatic there.

No one is forcing anyone to play rugby league, and if they don't know the risks of playing then the RLPA is failing them in getting adequate education on this in the CBA.

Players are provided everything to prevent them getting injured during their playing years (including physical and psychological training) and treatment for injuries during their playing years, to expect continued treatment costs post playing for a seemingly unlimited period is an unreasonable ask.

Iamback

Coach

600 workers?

We have had just this week a player that retired in 2013 and 2014 complain about the injury cover and how they want more.

So no we are talking every player with their hands out, That is not fair or sustainable