What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

“He asked me out of the blue and I said Jimmy,” Cavanagh said. “And when I think about it he would be good. He played for Wests, knows footy and he has an MBA. I think he’d be a good choice.”

Had to laugh at:
He has an MBA, many years ago a manager told me that MBA stood for 2 things,
manager by accident & mostly bloody awful. So now he's a radio host, makes sense to me, not.

macnaz

Staff member
I do hereby swear an oath

that whereby on heritage grounds I did inherit the Balmain Tiger genetics.

That I did attend the Balmain Leagues Club.

And did live in the Balmain Tiger player catchment for many years and so visited LO.

Where I am related to former players including David Grant.

So too did the mentally Ill spurn me walking through on the way to the ground.

I cast these birth entitlements and honours aside to embrace the Western Suburbs side on the joint venture as they have shown that truth and justice is the way forward.

I do so until further notice.
What does any of this have to do with Balmain?

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s the way you do it that counts. Got to be smarter.
Nah your right . I’m thinking a suggestion box. Dont laugh. They do work. In loving memory of my catholic Sunday School teacher, who always put one out for us, I’d like everyone to seriously consider this as a way for removing Pascoe, since nothing else has worked. I’m thinking for the hippy, purple flowers on the side…

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Wests Ashfield Leagues Club sponsors a pod cast dedicated to getting rid of Pascoe, but that hasn’t worked. I can’t see why a suggestion box would succeed where that has failed.
Are they the main club that supports the West Tigers?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Dear Mr Pascoe,

I am interested in nominating you for Australia Day Honours.

You are obviously a statesmen of the club and the game.

We are not worthy and do not deserve you.

kindly resign forthwith.
I like your new logo
Wow Thumbs Up GIF by Rocket Beans TV

Fordy20

Juniors
Are they the main club that supports the West Tigers?
Yep. The Wests Ashfield Leagues club is the main club of the Wests Ashfield Leagues club Group. The group also owns Croydon Sports club, Markets Club at Homebush and will most likely end up running the Balmain Leagues Club once the site is redeveloped. At the end of last year, the group rebranded as the Holman Barnes Group, so it looks like the group is trying to move on from the divisiveness of the past.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep. The Wests Ashfield Leagues club is the main club of the Wests Ashfield Leagues club Group. The group also owns Croydon Sports club, Markets Club at Homebush and will most likely end up running the Balmain Leagues Club once the site is redeveloped. At the end of last year, the group rebranded as the Holman Barnes Group, so it looks like the group is trying to move on from the divisiveness of the past.
Cheers, surprised that they are sponsoring an anti-Pascoe pod cast then?

I would have thought that if they wanted someone or something out, they would get there way.

I would have thought that if they wanted someone or something out, they would get there way.

tgh Pascoe is just the slave to the board.

A puppety merkin.

He has been known to be a grumpy to some friends of friends of mine including young Cini.

It was all f**king uncalled for.

I can’t elaborate, sworn to secrecy.

One can express dissatisfaction in an adult and composed manner.

He should have learnt that during his mba

Australian management is generally shite.

@stryker would have snotted him.

That said, he’s simply the boards whore and I don’t dislike him personally. He’d be unemployed without us.We keep him off welfare.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
tgh Pascoe is just the slave to the board.

A puppety merkin.

He has been known to be a grumpy to some friends of friends of mine including young Cini.

It was all f**king uncalled for.

I can’t elaborate, sworn to secrecy.

One can express dissatisfaction in an adult and composed manner.

He should have learnt that during his mba

Australian management is generally shite.

@stryker would have snotted him.

That said, he’s simply the boards whore and I don’t dislike him personally. He’d be unemployed without us.We keep him off welfare.
TBF, all people working under a board, are there to do their bidding.

I am not sure he would be unemployable, he has done extremely well for us in a number of areas, mainly the financial side imo, but his greatest achievement is of course the (soon to be) 2 CoE.

stryker

First Grade
Nah your right . I’m thinking a suggestion box. Dont laugh. They do work. In loving memory of my catholic Sunday School teacher, who always put one out for us, I’d like everyone to seriously consider this as a way for removing Pascoe, since nothing else has worked. I’m thinking for the hippy, purple flowers on the side…
Better suggestion than doing it pissed up at a function in front of sponsors. That can only end one way.

Tigerm

First Grade

BrotherJim05

Bench
Re: the issues with the board:

I don't give a f**k if we are the most high functioning or low functioning board of any organization on the planet, you DON'T air out your dirty laundry in public, let alone in front of a f**kING SPONSOR.....THEN goes to the f**king media in some brain-dead "tell all" article???? Seriously what the f**k was he thinking?

Unless the board is run as a clear cut dictatorship (i.e. Roosters) then there is always going to be fighting. The difference between being professional and a basket case is keeping it all in-house.

WA Tiger

Bench
Everyone knows we’re a joke. We got the spoon last year and havnt seen finals for ever. At least everyone now including the sponsors might have a better idea of one of the main contributing factors. Or at least the discussion can now be had amoungst them and others of influence. Pascoe’s had a say in most if not all the significant stupid coaching and player decisions starting from Taylor,The big 3 and Farah onwards. And there’s no reason for that to change. We need a CEO that can take advantage of this little wave we might be on and make WT a powerful club without any missteps that undoes all the good work of the very recent past. Pascoe isn’t the guy to do that. WT needs a CEO that can unite the club and move on from this infighting, that isn’t going away under the current regime.. Everything this Wests chairman says is the truth.

My favourite line from Lee was saying basically that the wests chairman had contributed nothing to the disasters of the last 6-7 years” “so what right has he got to criticise” . In other words Lee was woffling so much he ended up pointing the finger at Pascoe himself..without realising it…

Sometimes You got to stir the pot to make a change. The podcast, suggestion box and any attempt at voting Pascoe out doesn’t seem to have worked.

Last edited:
I’ve worked for one of our mega sponsors.

He didn’t get powerful by believing in spin.

Hed know the angle people are coming from, he’d expect them protect their interests.

He’d probably cast blame on the poor decisions, rather than the people themselves.

The way things are going, I think it’s inevitable we are stuck with Justin for the term of his natural life.

After retiring as CEO, I think he should be able to manoeuvre himself onto the Board somehow.

Then he needs to focus on the numbers for the chairperson role.

Maybe a back room tussle with Lee to get the numbers. That would be an almighty bloody battle.

He might be better on the board than as CEO.

Fordy20

Juniors

Hard to say what the motivations are with the sponsorship arrangements. Is it an endorsement of podcasters views or are they just supporting fan endeavours? The podcasters mentioned on air that their listeners were tired of the podcast endlessly criticising the CEO and maybe it is time to place the blame squarely where it belongs, at the feet of the board who hide behind the chair and the CEO.

Pascoe’s had a say in most if not all the significant stupid coaching and player decisions starting from Taylor,The big 3 and Farah onwards.

Your timeline starts too early. Grant Meyer was CEO and Marina Go was the chair when the club made the stupid decision to punt Potter and hire Taylor. Taylor was already in the process of trying to force Farah out by the time Pascoe was hired, which was the catalyst for the Big 3 leaving. The only people who are still on the board from those days are Tony Andreacchio and Simon Cook.

It doesn’t matter anyway because like TSP said, the CEO is just a slave to the board. We know this from the last time Sheens was in charge. Sheens forced out Noyce, then he got Longmuir sacked which made Humphreys a lame duck. Expecting a new CEO to come in and make things better is wishful thinking. The board is not accountable to the members like they would be in a normal organisation because Wests Tigers members cannot directly elect Wests Tigers board members.

Latest posts