What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First coach sacking 2023?

Someguy

First Grade
I reckon he will end up at the Knights once they come to their senses and get rid of AOB. Which I give another 4-5 rounds before it happens.

given the circumstances I actually think AOB is overachieving so far this season. Missing quite a few players from a squad that is weak to begin with, who ever takes his place will probably find it is their last gig as an NRL coach.

Best thing that could happen to Newcastle now is a ponga retirement so they can throw some cash around and get some depth

Dogs Of War

Coach
given the circumstances I actually think AOB is overachieving so far this season. Missing quite a few players from a squad that is weak to begin with, who ever takes his place will probably find it is their last gig as an NRL coach.

Best thing that could happen to Newcastle now is a ponga retirement so they can throw some cash around and get some depth

However, you can't say that has been the case in his entire tenure. At some point he needed to develop players and bring the current crop to another level. You look at Bradman for instance, when he hit grade he was unstoppable. Now in this attack, he looks pedestrian at best.

It is his team, and it's just not working. You look at the draw they have coming up and it's unlikely they win any of those next 7. So that will leave him at 1 win out of 10 games.

I think either Hasler or Flanagan are the right guys to get this team moving in the right direction. Both are able to make players better, and understand how to get squad players in to build depth. They need a coach who has been there done that. Someone unproven won't work. Both could also mentor someone who is an assistant with a view to the taking over down the track.

flippikat

Bench
I think either Hasler or Flanagan are the right guys to get this team moving in the right direction. Both are able to make players better, and understand how to get squad players in to build depth. They need a coach who has been there done that. Someone unproven won't work. Both could also mentor someone who is an assistant with a view to the taking over down the track.
It's interesting how picking an NRL coach usually falls into one of two camps these days...

- Get a coach that's been successful at NRL level in the past

or

- Get an assistant coach from whatever team is dominating right now.

Largely gone are the days where someone from Superleague or (perish the thought) NSW/Qld Cup gets a head coach gig in the NRL.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It's interesting how picking an NRL coach usually falls into one of two camps these days...

- Get a coach that's been successful at NRL level in the past

or

- Get an assistant coach from whatever team is dominating right now.

Largely gone are the days where someone from Superleague or (perish the thought) NSW/Qld Cup gets a head coach gig in the NRL.

Guys aren't going over to Superleague at the moment to do their apprenticeships. They probably should just to get a feel of what works when running the whole show, but being an assistant pays too much here.

Sphagnum

Coach
The tigers have painted themselves into a corner with the sheens/benji nonsense. So they can’t really sack sheens or they’ll look even more ridiculous and incompetent than he does.

Hook would be my guess.

Knights and Titans are competing as are the dogs and warriors who only have new coaches anyway. The rest are all safe you’d have to say

MugaB

Coach
The tigers have painted themselves into a corner with the sheens/benji nonsense. So they can’t really sack sheens or they’ll look even more ridiculous and incompetent than he does.

Hook would be my guess.

Knights and Titans are competing as are the dogs and warriors who only have new coaches anyway. The rest are all safe you’d have to say
FMD flano must of fkd someones missus to be overlooked for this long

Latest posts