What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

taste2taste

Juniors
What is it with you Australians and you fantasies??? When PNG get the next licence, there are already two bids, with massive local of national government funding... No NZ bid will get that.
Aussie TV will see value in Aussie teams... Sky will be paying much less than they pay now and wont fund an NZ team.

And with NZRs income projected to hit 300 million a year, they will have no issue retaining the players they want.

Keep dreaming, its all you have.
Keep dreaming my delusional friend. In a decade the landscape will have changed dramatically.

Every 17 yr old wants to be an All Black until an NRL club comes along and offers him 5 x the money.

The NRL only wants the top talent, the all blacks can have the left overs.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Keep dreaming my delusional friend. In a decade the landscape will have changed dramatically.

Every 17 yr old wants to be an All Black until an NRL club comes along and offers him 5 x the money.

The NRL only wants the top talent, the all blacks can have the left overs.

Except none of that is true.... no NRL club will be able to offer anybody 5x the money for a "17 year old". Your fawlty assumption is that the NRLs money goes up, but NZRs doesn;t. That's patently not the case at all.

taste2taste

Juniors
Except none of that is true.... no NRL club will be able to offer anybody 5x the money for a "17 year old". Your fawlty assumption is that the NRLs money goes up, but NZRs doesn;t. That's patently not the case at all.

When was the last time rugby teams in NZ had a substantial raise in thier player payments? The NRL salary cap is going up by 2 and 3 million per team every season. Player payments are rising faster than at any time in the games history.

It won't happen overnight but inevitably NZRU will find themselves in the same position as the ARU currently is, they won't get close to competing with NRL clubs for the best young talent.

I can understand as a rugby fan it's easier to keep your head in the sand :D

Te Kaha

First Grade
When was the last time rugby teams in NZ had a substantial raise in thier player payments? The NRL salary cap is going up by 2 and 3 million per season.

It won't happen overnight but inevitably NZRU will find themselves in the same position as the ARU currently is, they won't get close to competing with NRL clubs for the best young talent.

What is it with you ignorant Australians thinking they know anything about NZ sport.

"rugby teams in NZ " don't play their players. That's why there isn't salary cap. NZR pay players contract to NZR. Currently that is set about 37% of NZRs total income. That means players payments raise every year that NZRs income goes up. like the 30%+ increase in the last year.

Just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it the case. Remember the NRLs income has to be spread over twice as many teams as NZRs does.

Wb1234

Referee
When was the last time rugby teams in NZ had a substantial raise in thier player payments? The NRL salary cap is going up by 2 and 3 million per team every season. Player payments are rising faster than at any time in the games history.

The next tv deal should see the salary cap start at 18 million and end up over 20 million

the top players will be on 3 million plus and multiple players will be on a million a season

it coincides with the hosting of the next union World Cup which will be the perfect time for the nrl to decimate rugby union ranks

Te Kaha

First Grade
The next tv deal should see the salary cap start at 18 million and end up over 20 million

the top players will be on 3 million plus and multiple players will be on a million a season

it coincides with the hosting of the next union World Cup which will be the perfect time for the nrl to decimate rugby union ranks

Three players eating at a third of your total salary cap??? sure.... THAT'S going to happen.

Perth Red

Post Whore

No chance. It’s currently $12mill. It might go up to $14mill if they land a $550mill deal in 2028, but that’s a big if.

Wb1234

Referee
No chance. It’s currently $12mill. It might go up to $14mill if they land a $550mill deal in 2028, but that’s a big if.
Stick to the afl deal leave the nrl deal for the adults

we should get an increase of at least 150 million pa which sadly for you will exceed the afl tv deal

The Great Dane

First Grade
Yeah thats a great history lesson, still doesn't explain why thers no tigers in balmain, yet plenty of bees that sport that same color, or that St.george dragons were the "dragon-slayers" but over time being called the dragons seemed cooler,
Either way your explaination means shit, its a way you've worded it to make it like they intended to choose a local brand or mascot, when they didn't and don't have to.... keep on tooting your horn dane
Nz rugby can choose the hurricanes, blues, crusaders, highlanders, chiefs, but RL has to stick to a local fauna FFS please..

Ive already stated the scorpions team already exists in lower grades representing the south island, they don't have to be a local creature
They're not my "explanations". I didn't make them up, they're the reasons those teams got their names and/or brands. Nor did I say that 'RL has to stick to a local fauna' you f**king idiot. I said that good sports branding has a rational behind it, and there's absolutely no f**king reason why you'd call a team from NZ the scorpions.

The fact that some amateur club in Dunedin uses a scorpion in their logo doesn't change that either. If anything it kind of reinforces my point considering that they probably only use a scorpion because some dumb merkin like you was like "hurr durr scorpions cool" and it's just another forgettable try hard amateur brand as a result, like all of the garbage brand "ideas" you steal from the new team you discovered that day...

BTW, there's logical rational behind all those SR team's names as well you f**king idiot.

Pneuma

First Grade
They're not my "explanations". I didn't make them up, they're the reasons those teams got their names and/or brands. Nor did I say that 'RL has to stick to a local fauna' you f**king idiot. I said that good sports branding has a rational behind it, and there's absolutely no f**king reason why you'd call a team from NZ the scorpions.

The fact that some amateur club in Dunedin uses a scorpion in their logo doesn't change that either. If anything it kind of reinforces my point considering that they probably only use a scorpion because some dumb merkin like you was like "hurr durr scorpions cool" and it's just another forgettable try hard amateur brand as a result, like all of the garbage brand "ideas" you steal from the new team you discovered that day...

BTW, there's logical rational behind all those SR team's names as well you f**king idiot.
Serious question. Does your brain hurt a bit whenever you read this thread? It’s an abomination.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
No throwing insults at idiots is just throwing insults at idiots.

No they aren't. Not a single "pundit" is saying that. Once again you are showing your ignorance. All that is being said is the NRL in NZ is going well. The game below the professional level is in disarray. And you can't show a single post, clip. or article to say other wise. You are either horribly wrong or lying.

That is why i am calling you an idiot. You claim the "game is doing well" when clubs in NZ are losing teams and regions are losing clubs. Your myopic view that the NRL is everything makes you the idiot.

Except you can't come up with a single link where ANYONE is saying domestic League in NZ is doing well. And yes you are a troll.

That's because you aren't very smart. You said he had fulfilled his dream. He has not, he wanted to play for the All Blacks in a world cup. he wont fulfil that.
Keep lying to yourself mate. I've sent you the podcast link contradicting your claims. Also, the pathways are stacked for the warriors and other NRL clubs with Kiwi talent (you know... that whole, below the NRL stuff ypu claim is so bad).

Enjoy the huge Warriors crowd on the weekend? Yeah, the game is struggling big time.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Keep lying to yourself mate. I've sent you the podcast link contradicting your claims. Also, the pathways are stacked for the warriors and other NRL clubs with Kiwi talent (you know... that whole, below the NRL stuff ypu claim is so bad).

Enjoy the huge Warriors crowd on the weekend? Yeah, the game is struggling big time.

Stop talking bullshit. You did no such thing. Who was in the Podcast?

You know absolutely nothing about things are going in NZ. Have a look at a few of the threads in the Warriors forum, the one about Waikato will tell you more.

You are full of shit, pure and simple.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Stick to the afl deal leave the nrl deal for the adults

we should get an increase of at least 150 million pa which sadly for you will exceed the afl tv deal
“We should”, lol
and no that would only bring it on par with their deal. And we’d still be 5 years of a sub standard deal behind them (around $500mill cash lost out on)
But yeh it might different next time, just because.

Wb1234

Referee
“We should”, lol
and no that would only bring it on par with their deal. And we’d still be 5 years of a sub standard deal behind them (around $500mill cash lost out on)
But yeh it might different next time, just because.
“We”

MugaB

Coach

Hurr durrka durrka, scorpions are cool, but so are tigers, dragons, broncos and cowboys... none of which have any relevance to the area they play in other than our colors look like a tiger durrrrrr...
or this bay area is called St.george so lets be the dragons, or dargon slayers durrrrrr...
We like vikings durrrrrr lets be the raiders...
Not everything needs an explanation or relevance, even if you so badly want the new NZ (if it ever eventuates) to have a story behind its choosing...
Firehawks was the perfect example of shitting the bed with trying to resonate a native bird to the new seq bid... it was shit.... continue on raving about the local fauna in the south island you think should represent them... maybe a generic bat or something

Duurrrrrrrrrrrrr

Latest posts