What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Warner

JJ

Immortal
@JJ might remember this but i recall a one dayer in NZ years ago.

Where Mitchell Johnson didn't he headbutt Scott Styris while he was batting in the dying overs of the match and it basically cost us the match as Mitch lost the plot after that & Styris whacked him for a few sixes when the Kiwis needed like 10 an over in the final 3-4 overs.
They had words at very close quarters, from memory Piggy was on fire that day - not sure Johnson was the problem for you, but recollection fuzzy

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...nd-vs-australia-1st-odi-423791/full-scorecard

strange goings on... why can't all your cricketers be like Steve Waugh and AB

Fangs

Coach
He had a swipe at George Bailey as well.

Throw in Patty Cummins last year and the fast bowling cartel.

Mitch would seem as popular as Michael Clarke with the players he played with during his career.

All but confirmed by Johnson now. Even Clarke had to reprimand him for not handing in his homework.

If we had an eye to the future then Davey would not be playing any test cricket this Summer. The opposition is weak and its the perfect time to give someone else a shot.

bazza

Immortal
All but confirmed by Johnson now. Even Clarke had to reprimand him for not handing in his homework.

If we had an eye to the future then Davey would not be playing any test cricket this Summer. The opposition is weak and its the perfect time to give someone else a shot.
only problem is who is the up and comer to give a shot to?
The only people that seem to make runs in Shield are previous failures like Bancroft, Harris and Handscombe

Fangs

Coach
only problem is who is the up and comer to give a shot to?
The only people that seem to make runs in Shield are previous failures like Bancroft, Harris and Handscombe

I've favoured Labs.

Its a bit easier to find a middle order player than an opener.

Khawaja
Labs
Smith
Head

Thats a good top 4. If it means Green and Marsh playing together so be it. That might not be too bad in NZ.

bazza

Immortal
I've favoured Labs.

Its a bit easier to find a middle order player than an opener.

Khawaja
Labs
Smith
Head

Thats a good top 4. If it means Green and Marsh playing together so be it. That might not be too bad in NZ.
still think Green could be an opener - but does seem the only competition is in middle order spots. Even Khawaja isn't really an opener

Fangs

Coach
still think Green could be an opener - but does seem the only competition is in middle order spots. Even Khawaja isn't really an opener

I just want old-fashioned ball absorbers. Khawaja can do that and Labs has a fetish for it.

Guys like Head and the rest of the middle-order can then do some serious stroking to finish it off.

Bazal

Post Whore
May as well just pick f**ken Bryce Street or Henry Hunt or some younger merkin and give them like 15 tests.

Bancroft and Harris are genuine proven failures and Renners seems cooked

JJ

Immortal
Without taking sides - side issue, I thought Bailey's "I hope he's ok" retort was pathetic tbh... if he was concerned for Johnson's mental health then he's call him and any f**ktard would know that if it was an issue calling it out in this was would be at best unhelpful, and pretty despicable, and if it wasn't then it's just despicable

King-Gutho94

Coach
Without taking sides - side issue, I thought Bailey's "I hope he's ok" retort was pathetic tbh... if he was concerned for Johnson's mental health then he's call him and any f**ktard would know that if it was an issue calling it out in this was would be at best unhelpful, and pretty despicable, and if it wasn't then it's just despicable
It was flippant from George i agree. I think he was still a bit shocked at the ferocity of the colmun and tried to be diplomatic.

In saying that Mitch loses all credibility about that issue as he shouldn't have called Pat Cummins "Gutless" in an article 18 months ago if he is concerned about mental health.

Did mitch think about what they may do to Cummins not that it would have. But still if you want to throw sticks and stones be prepared to cop it back.

He seems like a cry baby who cant handle his emotions correctly he is best staying out of media tbh. I dont think he can control himself. And is fast losing respect and friends.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Was hilarious. Mitch is a merkin

JJ

Immortal
It was flippant from George i agree. I think he was still a bit shocked at the ferocity of the colmun and tried to be diplomatic.

In saying that Mitch loses all credibility about that issue as he shouldn't have called Pat Cummins "Gutless" in an article 18 months ago if he is concerned about mental health.

Did mitch think about what they may do to Cummins not that it would have. But still if you want to throw sticks and stones be prepared to cop it back.

He seems like a cry baby who cant handle his emotions correctly he is best staying out of media tbh. I dont think he can control himself. And is fast losing respect and friends.
yep - Johnson and Warner are both likely turds... I just don't see why Bailey had to be a turd too - he should have taken the high road...

Bazal

Post Whore
well they didnt have social media back then

Exactly f**ken right! They all just f**ken threw on their horse blankets and onion belts, rounded up the lads down the pub and and got into each other with schooner glasses and sacks of potatoes! Like f**ken men! And they never ever wondered about anyone's f**ken mental health cos that's for f**ken fairies!

Iamback

Coach
yep - Johnson and Warner are both likely turds... I just don't see why Bailey had to be a turd too - he should have taken the high road...

Especially as a selector.

I don't think Warner will have many ex team mates post career

PJ

First Grade
Warner has protected the whole side for years. Everyone in the team should love the bloke

Warner will dump on them all and paint himself as the innocent scapegoat in some one sided tell all book and series of soft as interviews as soon as there are no ramifications for him, like non-selection.

Latest posts