What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round One v Melbourne

Kilkenny

Coach
Head scratcher of the day Sportbet odds 1.61 Penrith 2.31 Melb at home. Also Nathan’s Kryptonite Chris Welch off the bench.
The unavailables perhaps cancel each other out.

I thought it may have been $1-90 each of two.

Storm at home, have a great first up record so it is not surprising some of the betting agencies have them slight favourites.

Betting May shift slightly if Munster is ruled out, they are unlikely to risk him if he is carrying a groin niggle.

Kilkenny

Coach
Wife and I normally would travel down to Melbourne for this game but son who lives there booked a trip to Christchurch to see the cricket, 2nd Test Match against the Kiwis, so will be watching from home sadly.

Moses was also carrying an injury. He wasn’t up to starting.
Ahh, the injury to the old Narrative Confirmus.
Same injury Api had in late 2022.

Great things about those is that heal themselves very quickly. For Moses it was right when Spencer came back. For Api it was right after the GF, which allowed him to travel to England and start a game against Oz less that 2 weeks later…

MugaB

Coach
Head scratcher of the day Sportbet odds 1.61 Penrith 2.31 Melb at home. Also Nathan’s Kryptonite Chris Welch off the bench.
Hahaha welch, what a dunce... craig finally wised up stripped him of the captaincy, maybe sick of hearing the scores from the other games
WelchsMicsOn.jpg

maple_69

Bench
I’m tipping Smith for a monster season. He came in as a rookie prop, playing an unfamiliar role (impact bench prop) and for most of the season absolutely brained it. Didn’t miss a game, averaged 25 tackles at 95%, just under 100m a game, it’s exactly what you want from a bench prop. He fell off towards the end for sure but Leniu took around 4 seasons to become a week in week out prop.

We need to find some more variety in our attack and different ways to dominate after the starters go off and I think the Blues model of 2019.could be one route. Sommerton coming in and playing a more direct running game, short balls and offloads from props like Smith with silky hands and Edwards just following them everywhere for the half opportunity.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Wife and I normally would travel down to Melbourne for this game but son who lives there booked a trip to Christchurch to see the cricket, 2nd Test Match against the Kiwis, so will be watching from home sadly.
Well someone's out the bloody Will... ;)

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Ahh, the injury to the old Narrative Confirmus.
Same injury Api had in late 2022.

Great things about those is that heal themselves very quickly. For Moses it was right when Spencer came back. For Api it was right after the GF, which allowed him to travel to England and start a game against Oz less that 2 weeks later…
Api and Mose were two completely different situations. Api was starting from the bench for tactical reasons. Ivan said that many times. They wanted Kenny to take the sting out of the pack.

Mose had a pretty bad shoulder that they were trying to protect from the same early game intensity.

There were no smoke and mirrors, Ivan was pretty open about it.

Sime_11

Juniors
I’m tipping Smith for a monster season. He came in as a rookie prop, playing an unfamiliar role (impact bench prop) and for most of the season absolutely brained it. Didn’t miss a game, averaged 25 tackles at 95%, just under 100m a game, it’s exactly what you want from a bench prop. He fell off towards the end for sure but Leniu took around 4 seasons to become a week in week out prop.

We need to find some more variety in our attack and different ways to dominate after the starters go off and I think the Blues model of 2019.could be one route. Sommerton coming in and playing a more direct running game, short balls and offloads from props like Smith with silky hands and Edwards just following them everywhere for the half opportunity.

i recall Martin being very good in 2020 but the end of the season he was just gassed and couldnt go 100% like the seasoned forwards - Smith was similar last year and will be better for you.

Start Mose and Fish and dominate from the start.

these bastards stopped our streak in 2020 - lets repay the favour tomorrow night

Hooked

Juniors
Munster confirmed as out. Replacement not named as yet.

Munster has barely trained the past month. Overall fitness would be a struggle if he played tomorrow. Let alone form.
Pezet was very good in their last trial. He would be more useful and a possible danger than an unfit Munster.
I think that is a plus for them. Considering the circumstances.