What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 2 2024: 8pm Penrith v Eels GAME DAY THREAD @ Bluebet Stadium March 15th

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Two key moments where Bryce not giving the ball back when tackled 1mtr out and giving away a penalty. And Dylan's rubbish kick where Pensini tackles Luai mid air.
Two huge chances to build pressure and we release it with stupidity.
The key moment was losing an outside back after four minutes. If Penrith had lost one of their wing/centres instead we would have won. It is so disruptive there needs to be a protocol for replacing such a player if he is injured or even sent off. The alternative is carrying one on the bench, who won't ever be used unless there's an injury. That already tends to happen with a spine player, e.g. last night Hands played three minutes and Laurie only played one.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Even if he was set on having kelma attack at centre he could’ve defended him 3 in with Dyl outside him or even pushed him 4 in and shifted lane out one more spot in defence.
Then you'd have Lane and Tuilagi defending next to each other on the edge. Don't assume an eight point loss is the worst possible outcome. There's a whole bunch of numbers bigger than eight.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't mind it he comes in makes alot of meters and is smashing in defence..

We just need someone who can make maters and not get dominated start with Reg...
ffs we scored 18 points against the best defencce in the comp. Melbourne only managed a single try against them at home last week. Our attack is fine. Defence is our problem, and Ofahengaue is one of our best.

hindy111

Post Whore
The key moment was losing an outside back after four minutes. If Penrith had lost one of their wing/centres instead we would have won. It is so disruptive there needs to be a protocol for replacing such a player if he is injured or even sent off. The alternative is carrying one on the bench, who won't ever be used unless there's an injury. That already tends to happen with a spine player, e.g. last night Hands played three minutes and Laurie only played one.

Dane Laurie can fill in backs...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There is a reason a club like the Tigers not the big guns took Joffa off the books at Brisbane.
It's because they're willing to overpay. It doesn't mean Ofahengaue is a bad player, it means he is motivated by money, which is the definition of a professional. The problem is that under a salary cap you can only have so many professionals. The rest of the squad needs to be made up of easily influenced followers willing to 'buy in'.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
At least we can agree that BA is too incompetent to wrap his head around Brown defending in the centres but attacking as a half I suppose!
Then you need a defender in that three spot. If it wasn't important it wouldn't matter that Drown does such a good job there. Stop pretending there was any way to avoid the disruption of losing a winger other than carrying one on the bench.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Bailey won't play next week.

Sivo is still out who plays wing.

Haze Dunster or Blaize are the only 2 realistically options I can really see.

Unless Asi goes into the centres and Harper onto the wing.
Cini was our best player in reserves yesterday. 164 metres, 7 tackle breaks, 3 offloads and a try. Defended at 85%

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The thing I don’t understand is why we are wasting our time? I understand that every team needs to have backup players but you should be filling those spots with youngsters who could potentially make it someday or backups that can do a job if needed in first grade. This is just a waste of a spot.
Clubs (and player managers) are aware that potential costs money, which is why high potential youngsters cost more than journeymen.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hands defends at 6, Drown at centre and Harper at wing. It’s not rocket science. I’m blown away how clueless BA is. I actually gave him far more credit than he deserves.

I’m speechless after that game.
And where does Hands attack in your scheme?