What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 2 2024: 8pm Penrith v Eels GAME DAY THREAD @ Bluebet Stadium March 15th

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The reluctance and/or ineptness to shift Dylbro to left centre is defence shows how much lacking the coach and his staff on reading the game.
Or perhaps you can't read the game and don't realise the importance of Brown's defensive work at left half.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Great post and well thought through...
18th man for a blatant smash to the face should absolutely allow 18th man even during HIA.
Not when it's a non reportable offence eg a head clash
Or just make it a replacement rather than an interchange. So the starting outside back who gets injured goes off and can't come back on. Like in soccer, or pre-90s rugby league.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair enough. I'm perplexed about Hands not being used (as replacement for a tiring Lussick). But Carty and Matto were doing a job in the forwards, and we needed them there.
So we already used a couple of precious interchanges replacing Simonsson and Tuilagi. Giving Lussick a rest uses another that might be needed later on. I actually thought Lussick defended pretty well other than getting stepped by Leota, which is more a result of being isolated than fatigued. It occurred after 15 minutes.

JokerEel

Coach
So we already used a couple of precious interchanges replacing Simonsson and Tuilagi. Giving Lussick a rest uses another that might be needed later on. I actually thought Lussick defended pretty well other than getting stepped by Leota, which is more a result of being isolated than fatigued. It occurred after 15 minutes.

Simmonson a free interchange due to being put on report

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There was no reason Brown couldn’t have defended at centre but played five eighth in attack.
Then someone has to defend at five-eighth and play centre in attack. Don't assume we would've been doing better than 18-16 if we had gone with Hands instead of Tuilagi. After he got hurt we lost 10-0.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Luia cops bugger all as expected.
You would be filthy if one of our players got suspended for that light slap to the head. I was actually surprised Simonsson stayed off. There wasn't much force in the contact.

JokerEel

Coach
You would be filthy if one of our players got suspended for that light slap to the head. I was actually surprised Simonsson stayed off. There wasn't much force in the contact.

Simmonson is going to miss this week as well so I doubt it was just a light slap...

I am pissed at Sivo for getting suspended yea pissed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We did well in the first half ut our 2nd was ordinary. We didn't look like making a break.
That's because we had four players out of their usual positions:

Harper (wing instead of centre)
Tuilagi (centre instead of edge)
Cartwright (centre instead of edge/middle)
Matterson (edge instead of middle)

Plus with Simonsson and Tuilagi out injured we needed longer minutes from our middles. We just ran out of puff.

Latest posts