What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kearney

hindy111

Post Whore
We have had 3 wins all year
A golden point against penrith -A fight back from a sharks side who turned off- And we beat manly minus a lot of first graders.... We have been lucky to win 3 IMO and other than the dragon game there hasnt been many game we should of won or could of like last year.We have never looked a chance in most games.

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
Pretty much how I have foreseen this one playing out.

The campaign may also get very nasty, how nasty? I have a feeling in my bones this is going to be a very tough couple of months and no matter who wins. . . we all lose.

Mark, do we know if anyone is actually standing against these guys in the upcoming elections? For all we know, the board, etc may all be re-elected unopposed. I would have thought there would have been some newspaper talk about perspective candidates by now.

WOE

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
You could also say we've been unlucky to lose so many, especially with all the games missed by Hayne and certain key edge defenders.

As much as what you say about missing players is accurate, other teams have had similar issues but are way ahead of us on the table. 9 from 41. It must be getting difficult for you to keep supporting this gumby by now, surely?

WOE

Parra

Referee
Pretty much how I have foreseen this one playing out.

The campaign may also get very nasty, how nasty? I have a feeling in my bones this is going to be a very tough couple of months and no matter who wins. . . we all lose.

Spagnolo would not be missed.

Mark, do we know if anyone is actually standing against these guys in the upcoming elections? For all we know, the board, etc may all be re-elected unopposed. I would have thought there would have been some newspaper talk about perspective candidates by now.

WOE

If I was a strategist for the election on an opposition ticket to the board, I would be keeping my power dry for the remainder of the playing season.
1) you can spin it as not wanting to distract the boys from their job
2) if the side does rebound and doesn't finish with the spoon you have avoided making a goose of yourself with any comment.

3) it is a 5 month lead time till the election, better a short sharp burst like the election 4 years ago of less than a month of real saturated media coverage.

In answer to your other question, will there be an opposition ticket, I am quite sure there will be some opposition, I don't know if it will be a full ticket.

Eels Dude

Coach
As much as what you say about missing players is accurate, other teams have had similar issues but are way ahead of us on the table. 9 from 41. It must be getting difficult for you to keep supporting this gumby by now, surely?

WOE

Always enjoy reading your posts WOE. I think people conveniently forget other clubs have injury woes too. Some a lot worse than ours.

lingard

Coach
I think someone should bump a thread from when Mortimer re-signed with us in 2010. Just to show how many people that deny it actually supported his re-signing . I for one was happy with it at the time ..... Hindsight is a beautiful thing

I was happy with the re-signing. (He was actually re-signed in late 2009, not 2010.) But I became very unhappy half-way through 2010 that he was not dropped to reserve grade in favour of a better-performing player (Tom Humble) at that time. And then perservering with him into 2011 made me angry. What`s your point?

lingard

Coach
I supported it too. I would have been furious if we'd lost him, but someone at the club should have known Mortimer lacked the physical ability to compete.

We talk about a halfback's skill level, but the fact is most of the top ones have good size and/or speed, or at least they did as youngsters.

Guys like Lockyer and Thurston were able to spend years developing their mental and technical skills because they were both great runners in their youth.

That`s total nonsense. He had the ability to compete, alright - he was a great competitor; he just lacked a football brain, a skill-set, and his defence was dreadful. He laso lacked speed. With all of that, if he`d had another yard of pace OR a football brain, he still could have been alright.

Noise

Coach
Which club has had worse injuries than us this year?

Manly: B. Stewart, G. Stewart, T-Rex, Watmough, Matai, Lyon, Foran

and that's just their rep players who have missed games this year. I'm sure there are probably other average players who have missed games too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair point. They defintely have better quality of players missing, but that's because they have much better players across the board. And they have quality players to replace them.

In relative terms their injuries are no worse than ours. Ben Smith's defence last night showed how much we've missed him. That was only his fifth game this year, and we just don't have edge forwards to cover him in defence.

Willie Tonga's defence showed again why he's an Origin player. Our next best defensive centre (Morgan) doesn't even come close.

strider

Post Whore
Fair point. They defintely have better quality of players missing, but that's because they have much better players across the board. And they have quality players to replace them.

In relative terms their injuries are no worse than ours. Ben Smith's defence last night showed how much we've missed him. That was only his fifth game this year, and we just don't have edge forwards to cover him in defence.

Willie Tonga's defence showed again why he's an Origin player. Our next best defensive centre (Morgan) doesn't even come close.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

there's always a "BUT"

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
OR they are BUT some people don't want to be wrong :lol:

I asked a question about who had worse injuries than us this year. How can I be wrong asking a question?

Given his importance to us, Hayne's injury is bigger than any injury at any other club. Likewise with our defensive woes, Ben Smith is a massive loss, though obviously not as big as the loss of Hayne.

I think your obsession with proving me wrong is clouding your judgement.

strider

Post Whore
I asked a question about who had worse injuries than us this year. How can I be wrong asking a question?

Given his importance to us, Hayne's injury is bigger than any injury at any other club. Likewise with our defensive woes, Ben Smith is a massive loss, though obviously not as big as the loss of Hayne.

I think your obsession with proving me wrong is clouding your judgement.

because you were directly questioning someone else who pointed out we aren't the only team with injuries by asking who was worse

but its ok pou - i will let u win cos i really couldn't be bothered arguing forever about it

hayne is a massive loss .... its a shame we are virtually a 1 man team

Parra

Referee
Hayne is that good Strider.

We are hardly a one man team. But he makes a significant difference to any team he is in.

Latest posts