What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I thought it was the Sharks who commissioned the report. Happy to be corrected though

The report would be in response to ASDA's enquiry's there would be other players named. All might be guilty all might be innocent.

The facts aren't known yet so it's abit early to be even naming anyone let alone saying it sped up a tragic death.

ek999

First Grade
Well the article says that the Sharks handed it over to ASADA and NRL and was the reason why ASADA postponed the player interviews so it doesn't sound like and ASADA report. Also says that ASADA will be forwarding it to the police

taipan

Referee
With my understanding of the law,there is due process and anything that is being publicly announced whether true,untrue or hearsay,can be construed as undue influence.

1) IOW the leak as appears to be the case from ASADA,could involve legal proceedings against the very organisation tasked with the current investigative process.

2)The Telgraph even though they did not accuse and specifically state,the very fact they hinted at the possibility,has obstructed due process in the investigations.

IOW the Sydney Rag has left itself open to litigation from ASADA/NRL/Sharks/ and perhaps the Mannah Family just to name a few if they so chose.The fact that 3 journos put their name to the story,possibly reduces the chance of individuals being sued.
I have read some gutter journalism since I landed on this rock,but rarely have I read such the stuff Hooper and surprise surprise Beck Wilson has put in.I hope that organisation gets its fingers really burnt on this.
Jury's have been dismissed because of a juror's big gob.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Well the article says that the Sharks handed it over to ASADA and NRL and was the reason why ASADA postponed the player interviews so it doesn't sound like and ASADA report. Also says that ASADA will be forwarding it to the police

It''s a leak,so due process has been compromised.

Cammo

Bench
Surely no one is really surprised that the Daily Telegraph would stoop this low. They have done it on so many occassions before, this is just another step in their long line of gutter journalistic practices

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Sounded so credible watching a clip from "Today" when the reporter kept saying casual instead of causal.

And what's the point of showing a clip of John Mannah at training with a clear view of his face, but blurred vision of his body ? :crazy:
Did anyone else see that ?
Isn't it supposed to be the other way around ?

Stinkler

Juniors
And what's the point of showing a clip of John Mannah at training with a clear view of his face, but blurred vision of his body ? :crazy:
Did anyone else see that ?
Isn't it supposed to be the other way around ?

Jon Mannah can't sue them, but perhaps the sponsors could?

magpie4ever

First Grade
I find it disgusting ASADA made this link with Mannahs death to cover their own backside.

They obviously wanted it to be let known since they leaked it to the telecrap.

I know you are pissed off (as am I) but the report is from an internal investigation undertaken by Cronulla.

We now know the real reason why the ASADA/player interviews were postponed; so ASADA could digest the details within the report.

Who leaked the report to the scumbags? There are atleast 3, maybe 4 possibilities - Cronulla, NRL, ASADA and the cops.

Will we ever find out? No, unless one of these gutter journos nominated their source.

I have doubts it would have been ASADA, as they have not spoken publicly since the news conference (except, the CEO claims that up to 130?? athletics would be interview nationwide across all sports) and this doesn't help their investigation one iota.

Flapper

First Grade
So apparently according to Raaaaaaaay the journalists who rocked up at the Mannah house didn't say they were from the Tele. Jesus f**king Christ I'm angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts