What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pet hates in gyms

shaggs

Coach
I don't doubt there is, but that's just the way it is where I train. Plenty of the CrossFitters at my gym are fine, it's just a sub-population of them who irritate me.

Like everything in all areas of life.

It doesn't matter what you do or who you are or where you are from. If your a douche, you are a douche, as far as I'm concerned.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
bloke last night was doing a circuit that involved 3 machines and the only kettlebell in a pretty small gym that had a fair few people in it.

Completely oblivious to what's wrong with that

IFR33K

Coach
A merkin in the the gym last week was on his iPhone via a headset/headphones, talking in his native tongue Out aloud, while doing his reps. Went on for around 20 minutes. Considering he looked Indian, he may of just been at work (call centre).

Pantherjim.

Referee
Wankers who throw their towel on strength/weights machines to "reserve" them and then go and have a chat with their mate.

There should be a maximum time limit of 5 mins imposed on strength/weights machines.

If you can't complete your sets in 5 mins, f*ck off and buy your own personal gym!

5 minutes? Maybe for a crossfitter thats achievable but for people who know how to train properly 5 minutes is unrealistic.

Pantherjim.

Referee
5 minutes? Maybe for a crossfitter thats achievable but for people who know how to train properly 5 minutes is unrealistic.

If you're using the time to actually train rather than jabbering with your mate all the way over the other side if the gym then I guess it's okay....So long as you don't mind others asking to cut in.

Tell me again how it is possible to do a 5 X 5 routine in 5 minutes?

My gym is full of merkins, the last dude I asked to move out of the chin up/dip machine who was doing bicep curls gave me a dirty look and stormed off. No one ever puts weights back and merkins are always dropping weights when the signs say not too. The gyms floor isnt made to drop weights..

So I couldn't care less If I spend 15 minutes in the squat rack doin 5X5s

Pantherjim.

Referee
Tell me again how it is possible to do a 5 X 5 routine in 5 minutes?

My gym is full of merkins, the last dude I asked to move out of the chin up/dip machine who was doing bicep curls gave me a dirty look and stormed off. No one ever puts weights back and merkins are always dropping weights when the signs say not too. The gyms floor isnt made to drop weights..

So I couldn't care less If I spend 15 minutes in the squat rack doin 5X5s

If you think 5 mins isn't generous enough, in my gym we have a "quickie" room where every strength/weights machine is allocated a maximum time allowance of 1 min per member. Yet despite all the signs up reminding members of this fact, it still doesn't prevent the meat heads migrating over from the non-quickie area to use any particular machine they like for as long as they like.

If you think 5 mins isn't generous enough, in my gym we have a "quickie" room where every strength/weights machine is allocated a maximum time allowance of 1 min per member. Yet despite all the signs up reminding members of this fact, it still doesn't prevent the meat heads migrating over from the non-quickie area to use any particular machine they like for as long as they like.

Yeah, gotta follow gym rules. It annoys me when staff don't police their own rules

Snoochies

First Grade
Thanks fo rmaking me appreciate my home rack even more. I often forget the hassles of going to the gym.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Saw something else at my local Gym tonight that made me laugh;

dirty sneaker marks on the walls where the bicep curling machine sits in the "Quickie zone" :lol:

So some Geniuses are obviously cranking the bicep curl weights up to the extent where they actually have to brace themselves by putting their feet against the wall? :lol:

Kind of defeats the purpose of doing "bicep curls"

F*cking Heroes! :lol:

counterpuncher

Juniors
I always use my ipod while training with my own music, but my gym recently seems to crank up the channel V to insane levels that I can't mute out.

How the f*ck does Miley Cyrus inspire anything other than wanting to hurl a plate discus style into the TV? Massive pet hate.

Latest posts