What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maybe the greatest idea ive had.

hindy111

Post Whore
I was just sitting and thinking-Penrith gould and Ivan are really setting the bench mark these days and they have some terrific juniors coming thru.
Parra thou and there academy is starting to show some fruit and as we all know there are some good kids coming thru.

What im suggesting is an alliance between the two clubs. Basically in a loan and trade juniors. So if a guys just about ready for first grade and the club want to retain him but have another guy under contract in that position they could loan/swap with another player where stocks are low.Its a win win for both clubs.You don't lose the player and he gets further development in first grade. Same things done in the EPL.
Whats everyones thoughts?

strider

Post Whore
I got a question for you hindy ...

What if the player falls in love with the Duke and Ivan and doesn't want to ever come back?

The idea is fine, but requires the NRL to change their rules a bit I suspect.

Most loan deals in English soccer are between clubs in different divisions, though they do have some within the same division. They also don't have the problem of players not being ready for first team action due to physical immaturity though. They also don't have a salary cap, which removes one big complication.

Parra

Referee
I was just sitting and thinking-Penrith gould and Ivan are really setting the bench mark these days and they have some terrific juniors coming thru.
Parra thou and there academy is starting to show some fruit and as we all know there are some good kids coming thru.

What im suggesting is an alliance between the two clubs. Basically in a loan and trade juniors. So if a guys just about ready for first grade and the club want to retain him but have another guy under contract in that position they could loan/swap with another player where stocks are low.Its a win win for both clubs.You don't lose the player and he gets further development in first grade. Same things done in the EPL.
Whats everyones thoughts?

You keep this up and you'll get a gig as a sports journalist.

hindy111

Post Whore
I got a question for you hindy ...

What if the player falls in love with the Duke and Ivan and doesn't want to ever come back?

He would still be contacted to us.And lets face it with 1-2 yrs under Ivan and Phil he will come back twice as good a player.

strider

Post Whore
He would still be contacted to us.And lets face it with 1-2 yrs under Ivan and Phil he will come back twice as good a player.

but most players only have 2 yr contracts .... they'll just piss off and never came back .... or they'll do a gordy tallis and refuse to play then piss off as soon as their contract is up

Delboy

First Grade
Hindy, you definitely have a hard on for the Riff

Disturbing image , I am very happy with the direction we are taking, no need to follow anyone, and I only follow one team . So basically, the Panfers can get f**ked :)

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy, you definitely have a hard on for the Riff

Disturbing image , I am very happy with the direction we are taking, no need to follow anyone, and I only follow one team . So basically, the Panfers can get f**ked :)

I don't get why people cant see my vision.People thought Einstein was crazy too I bet.

you are only getting half the story here mate head out to a penrith home game in your parra gear and tell the locals all about your plan for them to join forces with us

let me know how the food is in hospital

jimmy77au

Juniors
someone correct me if im wrong...
I think they currently share an academy - the ones that arent selected for matts & ball - but are close - usually get put into the academy - i believe it could be 10 players from each?

The Colonel

Immortal
someone correct me if im wrong...
I think they currently share an academy - the ones that arent selected for matts & ball - but are close - usually get put into the academy - i believe it could be 10 players from each?

Pretty spot on. I think it's running this year. Some players who may be a little younger or those they want to see develop a bit more are not lost to the club but are listed at the Academy and are "extras" from both Penrith and Parramatta. I think Josh Alioai may have been an Academy player at one stage among others.

Noise

Coach
I think there is also a south western Sydney academy shared by the dogs, wests and the Tigers.