What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Evil_Mush

Juniors
On Channel 4??

Same here... :lol:

Yup, haha.

I still use "Mi Scusi" to this day (without the knee-grabbing, facelicking or pants dropping of course). The little clapping monkey, the Miami Wice guy, the lil' Hitler, the HAPPY DJUS ad, the David Spade 2.0 that is his sex-crazed mate. It's all good stuff.

thorson1987

Coach
Yup, haha.

I still use "Mi Scusi" to this day (without the knee-grabbing, facelicking or pants dropping of course). The little clapping monkey, the Miami Wice guy, the lil' Hitler, the HAPPY DJUS ad, the David Spade 2.0 that is his sex-crazed mate. It's all good stuff.

[youtube]4aMD4uy-QGc[/youtube]

[youtube]yEFJWcAe8J0[/youtube]

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
watched Mad Dog Morgan on World Movies on the weekend.

That is one f**ked up movie with some f**ked up acting by Dennis Hooper and Jack Thompson.

Good for a laugh.

Watched Birdman with Michael Keaton last week. Is an interesting movie and Keaton gives a fine performance. Is a bit on the quirky side as it is about a movie star famous for making a series of Superhero films in the lead role (Birdman) who is trying to make a comeback on the stage doing a serious play which he is financing himself. Ed Norton and Emma Stone give some great performances as well.

Very much a character piece as you wonder whether Keaton's character has mental health issues for much of the film.

Frederick

Staff member
Watched interstellar last night. Loved it, even though Nolan gave me a thorough mind-f**king towards the end there

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watched Birdman with Michael Keaton last week. Is an interesting movie and Keaton gives a fine performance. Is a bit on the quirky side as it is about a movie star famous for making a series of Superhero films in the lead role (Birdman) who is trying to make a comeback on the stage doing a serious play which he is financing himself. Ed Norton and Emma Stone give some great performances as well.

Very much a character piece as you wonder whether Keaton's character has mental health issues for much of the film.

It looks to me like it might have a similar theme to the movie The Wrestler.

azzah72

Bench
It looks to me like it might have a similar theme to the movie The Wrestler.

Kind of but not quite.

They are different in that keatons character is a bit more like a guy trying to become relevant again and battling his ego and past.

Rourkes in more about realising he needs to move on and find happiness with his family and stuff.

I liked the wrestler a lot more but birdman was different enough to be enjoyable, I think, in my eyes it suffered from over hype.

The same happened with the interview for me, it was funny, definitely not bad but with all the news and hype around it, you can't not be disappointed I guess.

Kind of but not quite.

They are different in that keatons character is a bit more like a guy trying to become relevant again and battling his ego and past.

Rourkes in more about realising he needs to move on and find happiness with his family and stuff.

Very true. Keaton's character is trying to become relevant again, but wants to be known as a serious actor by being in a Broadway play rather than the movie star who was in a Hollywood blockbuster franchise 20 odd years ago (i.e. Birdman). The fact his character stakes virtually all his money to finance the play makes it clear how driven he is to get away from the "Birdman" image.

vvvrulz

Coach
Watched interstellar last night. Loved it, even though Nolan gave me a thorough mind-f**king towards the end there

I thought the last 20 mins took it down from truly amazing to just 'very good'.
He didn't have to go all 2001 on us...