What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
They where missing there star fullback - tomkins- Manu-Hurrell- They lost there best forward Hoffman and then there hooker luleai so where down to 15 men.
They had 5 starters out of there team that i know off the top of my head.
We where at home, never should of lost IMO

Even so - our roster was still 100 times worse than theirs.

They still had Mannering, Johnson, Kata, Leuluai, Hoffman (albeit briefly)...Their team was way stronger.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What are your thoughts on our roster for next year? Do you think just Foran and Scott are going to be enough to turn things around?

Not really - but I think they will help.

Foran - if nothing else - doesn't throw many hospital passes, and Scott will help tighten up our edge defence.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Our effort was good. But effort only gets you so far. You need possession. Our handling was f**king terrible...again. It is not improving at all.

I don't think anyone will disagree, mate.

I think the reason some people like me aren't THAT angry is that we didn't roll over and give up.

But you're 100% correct - we have to start winning.

Eelementary

Post Whore
100 percent, never ceases to amaze me that people can still find positives after countless and countless shitttt performances and seasons, quite sad really that it had come to this due to our inaffectiveness? year in year out.

If you could bother to actually read entire posts and process the post as a whole (a big ask, I admit - but I believe you can do it), you'd see that I'm disappointed we lost, and angry at that first half - but given our pathetic roster and history of capitulation, seeing the boys fight for 85 minutes left me proud.

I really don't understand what's so hard to grasp about that.

The Colonel

Immortal
If you could bother to actually read entire posts and process the post as a whole (a big ask, I admit - but I believe you can do it), you'd see that I'm disappointed we lost, and angry at that first half - but given our pathetic roster and history of capitulation, seeing the boys fight for 85 minutes left me proud.

I really don't understand what's so hard to grasp about that.

Because you aren't calling for everyone from the CEO down to the ball boys to be sacked and talking about how shit every player performed you are some how accepting of what is going on.

I've been there.

I've also realised that there are things much more important than a game of football.

IFR33K

Coach
Just heard some interesting news from an eels official. A former eels player isn't happy and is making some enquiries about a return.

No prizes for guessing which player it is thou.

Chipmunk

Coach
Our effort was excellent yesterday for the most part. We just have a couple of lazy/stupid defenders letting us down (Terepo, Moeroa, Pauli).

Watmough was very good. I'd be tempted to play him for 80 minutes and just tell him not to waste juice running the ball.

You'd had to add Fa'aoso to that list. Only playing 25 minutes yesterday he really should have been able to put in more effort to make that last tackle on Bodene Thompson.

Chipmunk

Coach
Just heard some interesting news from an eels official. A former eels player isn't happy and is making some enquiries about a return.

This could be anyone really. I've got no idea.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Because you aren't calling for everyone from the CEO down to the ball boys to be sacked and talking about how shit every player performed you are some how accepting of what is going on.

I've been there.

I've also realised that there are things much more important than a game of football.

I've been emotional (a few weeks ago, I was furious at the club), but I've slowly realised that, until we get a half-competent roster, the best we can do is hang on, enjoy the ride and be entertained.

Loss aside, I enjoyed the game, because even in the first half, it wasn't laziness or poor attitude that had us behind, but simply errors due to a lack of talent.

True, the Warriors were down two key players, but we copped the same thing against the Dogs. It happens.

One can be unhappy with thr net result but still be proud of the whole effort, as I am - if you'd told me we would score two tries in 5 minutes and take the game to extea time a month ago, I'd have laughed.

strider

Post Whore

surely Ray himself thinks he's just a bit past it

Noise

Coach

Jarryd is the obvious guess.

Billy Rogers would be more intriguing.

IFR33K

Coach
What's people's thoughts of Pauli Pauli???

Would be sad if we lose him. Looked dangerous on every carry yesterday.

The Colonel

Immortal
I've been emotional (a few weeks ago, I was furious at the club), but I've slowly realised that, until we get a half-competent roster, the best we can do is hang on, enjoy the ride and be entertained.

Loss aside, I enjoyed the game, because even in the first half, it wasn't laziness or poor attitude that had us behind, but simply errors due to a lack of talent.

True, the Warriors were down two key players, but we copped the same thing against the Dogs. It happens.

One can be unhappy with thr net result but still be proud of the whole effort, as I am - if you'd told me we would score two tries in 5 minutes and take the game to extea time a month ago, I'd have laughed.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...er-regan-grieve/story-fnu4we29-1227357550286?

Anyone who doesn't think these guys care about what goes on during a game, their career....

Honestly, it's a game. The sooner people get that.....

Forty20

First Grade
What's people's thoughts of Pauli Pauli???

Would be sad if we lose him. Looked dangerous on every carry yesterday.

I have been singing his praises all year (although well aware that he still has a ways to go). Injury has disrupted his season but when on the field he has played big minutes and not shirked his workload all the whilst playing with intent and aggression.

Would love to see the club lock him up but as always it needs to be considered against both what the club believes it desperately needs to give itself a competitive roster and what other clubs are going to throw at Pauli. If the Tigers/Warriors/Raiders or any other fringe Top 8 roster think he is the missing piece and are willing to pay him $400-500k at him where do we draw the line?

He definitely ignited the team yesterday though. Came on and even if our only option was a short ball to him down the left he would produce a 15m gain and give our set some impetus.

Bigfella

Coach
You'd had to add Fa'aoso to that list. Only playing 25 minutes yesterday he really should have been able to put in more effort to make that last tackle on Bodene Thompson.

His list is full of shit.

It probably should include players who were actually directly involved in the first twelve points we conceded. I think only one of his list was actually on the field them.

It's just more bluster because he was so wrong about there be nothing wrong with our attack.

Defence didn't lose us the game yesterday. They would have kicked a field goal easily as they dominated golden point and we offered nothing in attack.

It was ball handling in attack and lack of penetration that really cost us.

Defence wasn't great but takarangi mau and others not mentioned were as bad or worse than those he named.

Pou has no idea and is losing the plot rapidly.

Our ball control was woeful. It has been for weeks and weeks. It's partly lack of self believe and mental weakness. Our senior players are as bad or worse than the younger blokes.

It's disturbing that the coach keeps identifying it but it doesn't improve.

TheRam

Coach
We knew what you were thinkin'.

What, like these gorgeous plumper? How did you...? I should draw the shades. Pervs!

gordinha.jpg

b5a6741fdd114e3e25736ca89494c928.jpg

tecla.jpg

379f2c3c0836ee23ad4177ce614f594c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.