What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Flanges

At this point there is no official announcement, and going by Bombers statement he knows nothing about Kyle going anywhere.
I'll reserve my judgement

imasharkie

Coach
Surely the Roosters have a replacement half for Cronk in their wealth of local juniors.

Oh wait...
Young Flanga want to be careful...Roosters steal our young ones and then, they get punted when they find another BOOM player, ala Maddie Stubbons the NSWW SOO half back>>>
Studdon went into the match with a point to prove after being shunted from the Sydney Roosters side!!!

bluefox68

Staff member
Young Flanga want to be careful...Roosters steal our young ones and then, they get punted when they find another BOOM player, ala Maddie Stubbons the NSWW SOO half back>>>
Studdon went into the match with a point to prove after being shunted from the Sydney Roosters side!!!
Mitchell Pearce

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The two questions for me would be firstly...what clause was in Flannos' contract that allowed him to negotiate with the Roosters with 2 and a half years to run and secondly....are we not entitled to a player swap as compensation for the deal? Has Flanno snr been given a green light to resume coaching next year to enable Jnr to be able to enact the get our clause?

MilkShark

First Grade
Eagerly awaiting to see what the sharks get out of this.

At the moment it’s a win for kj and rorters only

ghoti

Bench
I'm not sure on what flange will be. To me he seems a little slow. Good pass, solid D and good football brain but I don't think he will ever be elite. For mine he is a younger Chad except Chad is quicker.
Johno has a couple of good years so let's see what trindall brings.

Assuming flange must have had a get out clause of some description

Yeah he's been playing well as a fill in for Johnson but there weren't any signs that he'd be any better than Chad (at least not for a few years) and certainly never better than Johnson. What Chad and Johnson offer today, and over the next 2-3 seasons is SO much more than what Flanagan offers.

I don't really blame him for wanting to chase immediate opportunity, but signing a contract and getting impatient with the plan you agreed to is pissant shit. Didn't have to re-sign. Feeling a similar situation coming with Brailey Jr.

I hope our club learns to not be held to ransom by the potential of juniors. We've got great systems in place that are almost becoming Storm-like. Keep the star power topped up,bring through loyal youngsters and complete squads with experienced journeymen (Morris, etc). It's working for us and the situations we've had with Lichaa, Bird, Holmes and now Flanagan distract from the foundation the club has built.

Weaponhead

Coach
Rorts signed QLD under 18 half last week. Stockpiling young halves.

If FJ goes, he goes. Loyalty is just for fans. He reckons he is ready to lead an NRL team around the park now. He is developing into a steady halfback. Can't see him being a world beater but he has time to hit his peak.

Latest posts