What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22: Parra v Titans LIVE GAME DAY thread 16/8/19

Bazal

Post Whore
Been on the drink so I CBF going back through the thread....

Tbh I thought we could have and should have put 50+ on tonight. A bit of rough luck, a bit of impatience, and a horrid no try against Sivo cost us at least three tries IMO.

Beyond that I think we dominated the whole game. The Titans were up for it and their defence did improve heaps, but we knew we were better and we just got points as we could and played them out of the game, so I enjoyed that. Moses has started to become an excellent game manager and he's ably assisted by Gutherson and Brown. We've actually got a really good young spine that will be excellent if we keep it together.

I love that the commentators fawn over the backs. BA has always had this idea of big bodies in the backline but now he's actually got talented big bodies pretty much across the field there. Even Taka seems to have less derp in him out on the wing (although lol at the classic Taka kick-drop). Blake is an outstanding buy in that he fits exactly what we want as a side in that three-quarter line, he's big, strong, fast and skilful.

Pack has been underrated for a while now and just missing that attacking player. Paulo has given us that and Niukore going from a solid wide runner to a kamikaze merkin has been great, so has Lane who has surprised me the last two years. The Titans are hardly a powerhouse up front, mind you, but even without Paulo we just rolled on.

TLDR; Should have probably won by more bu we never looked like losing against a team we have issues beating. Good signs.

I just noticed that the NRL site has some interesting stats, including average play the ball speed. Not only for teams but each player. Titans average was 3.45 seconds, and ours 3.85 seconds. And our forwards ranged from Terepo at 2.65 seconds, a clear best, to our worst at 4.52 for Nathan Brown. Several of them were over 4 seconds. And Taka was our highest metre eater at 192m, so another strong game on the wing.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I just noticed that the NRL site has some interesting stats, including average play the ball speed. Not only for teams but each player. Titans average was 3.45 seconds, and ours 3.85 seconds. And our forwards ranged from Terepo at 2.65 seconds, a clear best, to our worst at 4.52 for Nathan Brown. Several of them were over 4 seconds. And Taka was our highest metre eater at 192m, so another strong game on the wing.

There was one play in the first half I think where Brown thought he copped a bit of a crusher. Took an eternity to play the ball. I assume that resulted in his time blowing out.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There was one play in the first half I think where Brown thought he copped a bit of a crusher. Took an eternity to play the ball. I assume that resulted in his time blowing out.
He looks to milk a penalty in almost every play the ball. It shits me to tears and it totally stifles our attack. Him getting tackled on the 4th is also like clockwork.

IFR33K

Coach
He looks to milk a penalty in almost every play the ball. It shits me to tears and it totally stifles our attack. Him getting tackled on the 4th is also like clockwork.

Been saying it for a long long time now. I don’t get his fourth tackle settlers. I initially thought it was to get a quick play the ball away for a good kick, but his play the balls are ridiculously slow.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon is 4th tackle settlers are so when we do spread it then it's a suprise.
Last season town was passing far too much and it become predicatable

emjaycee

Coach
I reckon is 4th tackle settlers are so when we do spread it then it's a suprise.
Last season town was passing far too much and it become predicatable
Yeah, I gotta agree.
Nrown taking the 4th with a settler is happening too much to be just him... it is part of the game plan for sure. He only does it when we are in the middle third of the field so Moses can set up on whatever side he wants for the play he wants. And I reckon the slower play the balls are part of this plan as well.

emjaycee

Coach
What were people thoughts on Tepai's 35 mins? 7 runs for 68 metres and 18 tackles (no misses) so better stats than he has posted recently and I thought his runs were with a bit more intent than we have seen lately.

eels_fan

First Grade
I hope within 2 weeks with Paulo and Fergo back we have seen the last of Tepai and Alvaro

A bench of

Taka
Gower
Terepo
Niukore

Is where we need to head towards. Hopefully Kaufusi can provide some competition

Gazzamatta

Coach
What were people thoughts on Tepai's 35 mins? 7 runs for 68 metres and 18 tackles (no misses) so better stats than he has posted recently and I thought his runs were with a bit more intent than we have seen lately.
Improved but ineffective. If I were a young player in the 30 (+5) and watched Tepais and Terepos recent contributions be it controlled by coach and or player, Id be pretty damn annoyed. My form in the Regies might even deteoriate as a result.
Salmon, Oregan, Kafusi and Stefano can and should feel hard done by.
Development Club.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
I hope within 2 weeks with Paulo and Fergo back we have seen the last of Tepai and Alvaro

A bench of

Taka
Gower
Terepo
Niukore

Is where we need to head towards. Hopefully Kaufusi can provide some competition
Not sure Terepo offers more than Alvaro or Tepai, besides the guy doesn't know how to cross the f**ken tryline - it has been 5 years of nudie runs for him.

emjaycee

Coach
Improved but effective. If I were a young player in the 30 (+5) and watched Tepais and Terepos recent contributions be it controlled by coach and or player, Id be pretty damn annoyed. My form in the Regies might even deteoriate as a result.
Salmon, Oregan, Kafusi and Stefano can and should feel hard done by.
Development Club.
Not sure both Oregan and Kafusi can feel hard done by - a bit of double dipping there mate :);)

emjaycee

Coach
man we are gonna miss Ma'u next year
Agree, although it will depend on who we replace him with.
I reckon Marata at this stage of his career will only offer about 60% of what Ma'u brings so we definitely need someone else, at least short term. Not a lot out there that are off-contract but contracts being what they are, that doesn't really limit us.
I heard a name thrown about last week that if true, and if it happened, would be the signing coup of BA's career to date and definitely reduce the impact of losing Ma'u (dare I say might be an improvement even).

TheRam

Coach
Agree, although it will depend on who we replace him with.
I reckon Marata at this stage of his career will only offer about 60% of what Ma'u brings so we definitely need someone else, at least short term. Not a lot out there that are off-contract but contracts being what they are, that doesn't really limit us.
I heard a name thrown about last week that if true, and if it happened, would be the signing coup of BA's career to date and definitely reduce the impact of losing Ma'u (dare I say might be an improvement even).

D Fafita?

Latest posts