What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Who has confirmed that he has signed?
I actually think 800 is expensive but there is nothing else available and we are desperate,but 1 forward after losing 5 just isnt enough,we are extremely light on, and i cant believe bennet hasnt planned a few defections ala knight lowe and sua
I'm sure they have something up their sleeves . I saw some massive bloke today sitting with Liam Knight. I hope he's a new recruit.

Not sure what is great about it........where is any decision from player , then Titans.

Appears we are where we were first time , his name was mentioned and $800k.Which seems too long ago. If he waiting for his girlfriend to make final decision , then he is not the player for us.

Frankly I will be pissed if we offer any more than that and frankly pissed if the player has not made a decision yet.

Steady on... We only officially made an offer to him a few days ago. We've been waiting for the Burgess money to clear.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Here we go, from the Daily Telegraph,

Cody Walker likely to sign new contract with South Sydney

After South Sydney’s subtle warning that they wouldn’t wait forever, it appears as though Cody Walker is on the verge of deciding if his future lies in Redfern.

Cody Walker’s camp is confident the playmaker will resolve his contract issues with South Sydney to remain at the club long-term.

Walker has a year to run on his deal at the Rabbitohs but he is keen to lock in an extension.

It is understood the five-eighth’s management have indicated the current offer of a reported $650,000-a-season is way below what they had in mind, which was more around the $850,000-a-season mark.

Walker has been offered a two-year extension for 2021-22 but the negotiations have not moved forward.

Rabbitohs’ general manager of football Shane Richardson recently conceded the club would like a decision “sooner rather than later”.

“We made an offer three weeks ago and we are waiting to hear back from his manager,” Richardson said.

“We haven’t got a deadline on it yet but we’d rather know sooner rather than later.”

Despite this, The Sunday Telegraph understands Walker wants to stay at Souths is looking to finalise a contract extension.

The ramifications could be significant in respect to the Rabbitohs’ future planning given he is also a contender to take over as captain.

Walker is in a three-way battle with Adam Reynolds and Test hooker Damien Cook for the top job.
South Sydney Rabbitohs won’t shift on Cody Walker deal
Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
December 10, 2019 6:00am

South Sydney football boss Shane Richardson says if star five-eighth Cody Walker doesn’t take up a lucrative two-year extension then the Rabbitohs “will just have to take the money and spend it elsewhere.”

Walker was part of an indigenous leadership camp on the NSW north coast last weekend, along with Latrell Mitchell who is also in the middle of a prolonged contract saga.

Richardson’s blunt message about the $1.3 million offer came as he also revealed negotiations had continued with Jai Arrow’s agent David Riolo. ahead of a crucial recruitment meeting.

At that meeting the Rabbitohs are preparing to also discuss other potential candidates that could be targeted if Walker leaves at the end of 2020, or the club misses out on Arrow.

The likes of David Fifita, Anthony Milford, John Bateman and Jack Wighton are among the players coming off contract next year. Richardson has been adamant that Mitchell would not be a target and he also confirmed the Bunnies had no interest in Israel Folau.

But if Walker knocks back the reported $1.3 million offer, that type of money would open the door for a player of similar standing.

“Of course it would,” Richardson said. “But our first offer was to Cody.

“We have made a more than fair and reasonable offer to Cody to treat him well. If he has decided that is not good enough that is his decision.

“I respect that. But we will just have to take the money and spend it elsewhere.”

Walker’s management is believed to be after a deal worth around $850,000 a season.

No formal offer has been tabled to Arrow but Richardson said it could still be resolved by the end of this week.

Souths have some exceptionally talented young backs in the likes of Adam Doueihi, Braidon Burns, Corey Allan and Campbell Graham, while James Roberts and Dane Gagai are already of State of Origin standard.

Doueihi’s future in particular could be governed by Walker’s decision given he is being groomed to be fullback but could easily adapt to playing in the halves.

That could create salary cap space for a marquee fullback recruit or a big-name forward.

In no way did Richardson sound angry or frustrated that negotiations with Walker had dragged on for as long as they have.

But Richardson certainly was not hiding from the fact Walker’s decision would have a huge bearing on the club’s overall recruitment strategy.

“The bottom line is Cody is here next year anyway,” Richardson added.

“We have done our homework. We know what’s available and what is not available.

“Cody has to give us a decision. Once he gives us that, yes or no, that has a tumbling effect.

“We will work our way through that and make sure we do it properly.

“It is not just a clear-cut decision of buying Jai Arrow or Cody Walker.

“Once one accepts it then you have to work out how much money you have left over.

“It is not something you rush into.”

southsport

First Grade
Who has confirmed that he has signed?
I actually think 800 is expensive but there is nothing else available and we are desperate,but 1 forward after losing 5 just isnt enough,we are extremely light on, and i cant believe bennet hasnt planned a few defections ala knight lowe and sua

Good point handyman, actually there is word that the titans are playing "hardball" on releasing Arrow for 2020.

Rabbits20

Immortal
that looks like Scott Sorensen, he was here playing for our reggies once before
Indeed it does look like him, he’s a second rower too which is what we need, from what I’ve seen he’s similar to a Kyle Turner so he’d replace him.

Hopefully he’d make our top 30.

Possibly just a train and trial contract for now.

handyman2190

Bench
Indeed it does look like him, he’s a second rower too which is what we need, from what I’ve seen he’s similar to a Kyle Turner so he’d replace him.

Hopefully he’d make our top 30.

Possibly just a train and trial contract for now.
Scot has dark hair but may have died it

Latest posts