What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
A completely unsubstantiated rumour from someone on Zero Tackle I know nothing about, but interesting reading if nothing else:

TwentyOne January 7, 2020 at 2:54 pm
I hear the roosters have offered Bronson Xerri a new apartment at 30% below market value in negotiations to poach him from the Sharks.
I hear Latrell will be at Souths training next Monday with Johnston sadly off to the Tigers
I hear the Bulldogs have offered The Fox big money to divert him away from Souths
I hear The roosters will have 2 premierships stripped from them plus massive fines and cap restrictions by mid 2020 if investigations are proven correct. Big media release before season commencement.

If the NRL does find the roosters guilty of breaching the salary cap it’ll be a dark day for the NRL. Technically Melbourne would have been the first team to go back to back in the NRL era and Canberra would be reigning premiers right now but that would never be recognised because it would just be “Roosters*” instead.

In saying all this I don’t think anything will be found. I think looking at all the facts the Roosters are pretty ruthless with their recruitment and retention. Just look at Latrell Mitchell. If they’re guilty of any crime it’s not being able to develop juniors but that’s about it.

GGTSS

Juniors
That
Apparently if Arrow doesn’t come in 2020 we’re going to be looking at James Graham. Love this I think I mentioned his name at the start of the off season. His experience up front would be crucial for us and even at his age is better than a fair few props in the NRL.

That would be awful. Complete backwards step. Was unbelievable a few years ago but he’s not what we need now. We’d be better to give someone (Ky Rodwell, Dillon, koloamatangi) a chance with a view of the future.

Rabbit57

Juniors
Apparently if Arrow doesn’t come in 2020 we’re going to be looking at James Graham. Love this I think I mentioned his name at the start of the off season. His experience up front would be crucial for us and even at his age is better than a fair few props in the NRL.
Interesting. He certainly would add to the culture of hard work if he was restricted to playing a front rowers role. But if he drifts into being a second 5/8 he would stuff up our halves control of the game. The biggest risk for me is the hammering he has taKen over the years, particularly concussions. Unfortunately he might be one knock short of retirement. I’d be looking for a clear brain assessment before taking this risk

Tend to agree with CGTSS that our up and comers could prove a better outcome if given the chance. Add another trialist who is hungry to add to the forward depth and maybe we have another Liam Knight

callmack1

Staff member
From Matty B on the Warren,

"We will know by Friday if Arrow is here for 2020.
Souths have other moves they’re waiting on I’ve been told today (news to me!), another forward is in our sights apparently. Not sure whom, but Titans have been given a “take it or leave it” financial compensation offer from the club as well as the offer of a transfer fee which has been cleared as excluded from the cap (I assume it’s in the form of a donation of sorts…)
The waiting will end shortly."

Good news about Arrow, let's hope and pray the Titans approve. It'd pretty wanky of them to not approve if he really wants to go. He's been nothing but respectful to them so hopefully they return the favour.

I agree about James Graham, he's not what we need right now. If it was a few years ago I'd say hell yea, but not now.

assess5

Juniors
That

That would be awful. Complete backwards step. Was unbelievable a few years ago but he’s not what we need now. We’d be better to give someone (Ky Rodwell, Dillon, koloamatangi) a chance with a view of the future.
I agree totally with you. If ever a guy is past his prime its Graham, makes a lot of mistakes, missed a lot of upfront tackles and, like stated elsewhere, drifts into 5/8 role which Souths sure don't need.
He should have retired last year. (seems like a nice enough bloke and all)

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mate can’t agree on this one. Imo Graham is close to being done he’s slowed up so much and is one bad head knock away from being out quite a while.

Also I don’t want him in our colours after all the dog shots he’s down on our players over the years!

I’d rather blood the youngsters!

Rabbits20

Immortal
From Matty B on the Warren,

"We will know by Friday if Arrow is here for 2020.
Souths have other moves they’re waiting on I’ve been told today (news to me!), another forward is in our sights apparently. Not sure whom, but Titans have been given a “take it or leave it” financial compensation offer from the club as well as the offer of a transfer fee which has been cleared as excluded from the cap (I assume it’s in the form of a donation of sorts…)
The waiting will end shortly."

Good news about Arrow, let's hope and pray the Titans approve. It'd pretty wanky of them to not approve if he really wants to go. He's been nothing but respectful to them so hopefully they return the favour.

I agree about James Graham, he's not what we need right now. If it was a few years ago I'd say hell yea, but not now.
Fingers crossed bro, I want Arrow here for 2020 so bad and I’m sure Souths and Arrow want him here so bad as well!

Once Latrell deal is done and if we get Arrow here too I will go absolutely crazy, in a good way though I’ll celebrate hard!

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Fingers crossed bro, I want Arrow here for 2020 so bad and I’m sure Souths and Arrow want him here so bad as well!

Once Latrell deal is done and if we get Arrow here too I will go absolutely crazy, in a good way though I’ll celebrate hard!

ya reckon arrow will come down and Latrell will sign??

Rabbits20

Immortal
got I hope you're right.

also how long is Bennett our coach for? and do we think he'll extend?
my fear is he will leave the club as he did when he left Newcastle :disappointed_relieved:
I know Bennett is with us another 2 years, after that I have zero clue what he will do.

He’s got to retire at some point.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wests Tigers fans on forums seem to think they’re still a fair chance to sign Latrell even though the media is reporting otherwise. Tigers coming hard with a last ditch effort apparently, surely not he has to be coming to us surely after how this has all played out!

callmack1

Staff member
This is all starting to stress me out, like genuinely stress me out. I just want them bothe to be here for this year so badly but the situation keeps dragging on and stories keep changing. I don't know what to think!

250excf

Juniors
This is all starting to stress me out, like genuinely stress me out. I just want them bothe to be here for this year so badly but the situation keeps dragging on and stories keep changing. I don't know what to think!
It’s easy mate just live your life and forget it till whatever is going to happen has and it’s sorted then enjoy it no use being a stress head there’s more to life than worrying about things you can’t control it’s a waste of time and energy