What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Straw to Clutch at: Bennett Rumour Resurfaces.

Gareth67

First Grade
Flanagan is mouthing a club line rather than his real opinion. I would rather he speak about his own intentions rather than guessing what others are thinking.

Don’t worry possum , I never fell for it either as I sorta guessed the same thing myself buddy .

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
It has been discussed.

According to my sources, Mary was eavesdropping on the discussion. He was last seen with a dictionary looking up the word 'punt'. He looked somewhat confused while putting on a life jacket. Apparently he can't swim without a floating device.

l’ll say this, l’ve never seen someone hold their breath for so long!

matPORTS

Juniors
When Bennett was signed in April 2008 and subsequently began to build his staff in preparation for 2009, one of the first things he did was tell McGregor that his services were no longer required.

Since McGregor wriggled his way back into fold as an assistant in 2013, it would appear to at least us sitting as outsiders that he's done nothing but undermine the other staff around him in order to maintain his grip on power. It's as if he's had a huge chip on his shoulder since Bennett sacked him back in 2008. He simply refuses to go down without being dragged out kicking and screaming.

We could argue that his undermining of Price throughout 2013/early 2014 was a big part of the eventual demise of Price and a huge distraction. How many wholesale changes of the coaching and support staff have taken place over the last six years? Just as one example, I still wonder why Peter Mulholland was so swiftly moved on in favour of Ian Millward - and that was just the start of all the very questionable changes we've had in the ranks during McGregors tenure.

It beggars belief that we are possibly talking about Bennett coming in again to shoot the pigs with the noses in the trough and then clean up the mess. Really?? Does no one on the non-Illawarra Mafia side of the club executive have the balls to tell the other side their man is not up to the job, and then to simply say to him "Paul, it's over mate!" ??

That is all that Bennett may possibly bring to us - a GM / Coaching Director style role that oversees the exit of McGregor & Co (Year 1) and then the transition to the next era being Flanno & Co (Year 2).

Last edited:

possm

Coach
When Bennett was signed in April 2008 and subsequently began to build his staff in preparation for 2009, one of the first things he did was tell McGregor that his services were no longer required.

Since McGregor wriggled his way back into fold as an assistant in 2013, it would appear to at least us sitting as outsiders that he's done nothing but undermine the other staff around him in order to maintain his grip on power. It's as if he's had a huge chip on his shoulder since Bennett sacked him back in 2008. He simply refuses to go down without being dragged out kicking and screaming.

We could argue that his undermining of Price throughout 2013/early 2014 was a big part of the eventual demise of Price and a huge distraction. How many wholesale changes of the coaching and support staff have taken place over the last six years? Just as one example, I still wonder why Peter Mulholland was so swiftly moved on in favour of Ian Millward - and that was just the start of all the very questionable changes we've had in the ranks during McGregors tenure.

It beggars belief that we are possibly talking about Bennett coming in again to shoot the pigs with the noses in the trough and then clean up the mess. Really?? Does no one on the non-Illawarra Mafia side of the club executive have the balls to tell the other side their man is not up to the job, and then to simply say to him "Paul, it's over mate!" ??

That is all that Bennett may possibly bring to us - a GM / Coaching Director style role that oversees the exit of McGregor & Co (Year 1) and then the transition to the next era being Flanno & Co (Year 2).
I like the contents of your last paragraph and I think Bennett is ready for the football managers job. He asked for such a role at the Broncos.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

As stated before, Bennett may coach us in 2021, but I feel the real carrot is, as you say, a GM/Director of football role in the aftermath.

LINESPEED

Juniors
In defence of the board, they needed every square inch of the toilet paper to cater for the amount of crap they have spoken over the years.

View attachment 37660

Oh & Ryan Webb,
R U there?
While you’re on the Boardroom dunny you might like to re-read Frank Facer’s template for success
- as it’s kinda your brief now
....well, you & Andrew’s actually:

“Facer was responsible for bringing many famous players to, and keeping them at the club,[4] and his recruitment was seen as a key factor in the club's success.[5] He was a highly regarded sports administrator who built a supportive environment in the club for the players and their families; demonstrated regard for the players financial welfare and who was a skillful negotiator and a balanced disciplinarian.”

Tough gig eh?
- especially as you haven’t played 74 games for the Dragons & seem to lack his ticker

...and the elite traffic’s going in the wrong direction with Tyson’s disendorsement of you

It’s McRehab’s journeymen instead

- FMD you couldn’t even give Tyson a nod & a wink that McFail was gone?

...and you still haven’t sacked The Waterboy after 13 wasted days
...so we’ll keep that count going for you too

You’d be an instant financial success with 10,000 new members if you sacked him

...fu/ck I’d go straight online & buy new Dragons‘ kit

$$$ Millions in merchandising too Ryan .....to balance them books

- April 6 you started wasn’t it?

Might do to get some feedback from the fans
(you know, that 6 year stack of emails & letters cancelling membership until he’s gone - just the tip of the iceberg as they say )

....rather than kowtow to his lifeless, coddling Board.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Does no one on the non-Illawarra Mafia side of the club executive have the balls to tell the other side their man is not up to the job, and then to simply say to him "Paul, it's over mate!" ??

A poison chalice for Ryan Webb

- trying to balance the Kogarah Gestapo with the Illawarra Mafia
Lol
Kogarah has the history but the Gordons the money, their favourites & a parochial myopia

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
A poison chalice for Ryan Webb

- trying to balance the Kogarah Gestapo with the Illawarra Mafia
Lol
Kogarah has the history but the Gordons the money, their favourites & a parochial myopia

Gordons the money?
Can't say we've seen any of it yet.
We have incompetent ex players hogging the staff payroll who probably signed up for lessor coin cause they bring nothing to the table apart from being able to say, 'yes' to the paymaster.