What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers vs Cowboys

Kilkenny

Coach
The Cowboys are big outsiders. Better to blood those guys now than come finals time.

Betting odds mean nothing. They are hurting with a lot of injuries, lot of young kids but just maybe that make’s them more dangerous given they having to loose.

We don’t have the long term season injuries some of the other sides are experiencing but we do have injuries, players are clearly playing/carrying niggles.

Hopefully we recall Jack when his four weeks with the Warriors is up it is clear he will be needed.

franklin2323

Immortal
Betting odds mean nothing. They are hurting with a lot of injuries, lot of young kids but just maybe that make’s them more dangerous given they having to loose.

We don’t have the long term season injuries some of the other sides are experiencing but we do have injuries, players are clearly playing/carrying niggles.

Hopefully we recall Jack when his four weeks with the Warriors is up it is clear he will be needed.

Well no they don't but look at that side on paper. Returning to play at Penrith seems perfect time to blood a player and rest a few bumps and bruises

Tetavano is back next week. Martin would be a week or 2. Better off giving guys a run while we can

Kilkenny

Coach
Well no they don't but look at that side on paper. Returning to play at Penrith seems perfect time to blood a player and rest a few bumps and bruises

We need to put out our best available side. I don’t advocate resting players it is a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

If we underestimate the Cowboys we will get punished for it regardless of how they may look on paper.

MugaB

Coach
Without wanting to take anything for granted, the two points against the Cowboys is crucial, but if we turn up and put our best foot forward then there is an opportunity for us to significantly improve our for and against. Another big win similar to the win against the Sharks would be nice.
If we get another draw or are fighting with Newcastle for a better position on the ladder by years end, then for and against means nothing, hopefully it doesn't matter

kinghippo

Juniors
Martin would be a big loss, the right side attack has just got going and he has been a big part of it.
I would shift the fish to lock if he is out and start Leota.
I am not sure burns has shown enough in defence to start in the 2nd row, although he could easily prove me wrong.

franklin2323

Immortal
We need to put out our best available side. I don’t advocate resting players it is a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

If we underestimate the Cowboys we will get punished for it regardless of how they may look on paper.

No one is saying to rest guys. 18 games straight. 4 weeks of finals is too much on the body. They will need time off to get niggles right. Better off taking a game or 2 off than missing 4-6 injured

Kilkenny

Coach
No one is saying to rest guys. 18 games straight. 4 weeks of finals is too much on the body. They will need time off to get niggles right. Better off taking a game or 2 off than missing 4-6 injured

Totally understand your point of view. I just think we have to put out our best side. Players are always carrying niggles it is just the way it is. It is the season ending injuries you want to avoid, particularly to key players. Touch wood we have our share of injuries, a couple of long term ones but no worse than any other side at present.

The Teach

Juniors
Tonight’s result is a great opportunity for us to put more space between us and the Roosters/Raiders cannot afford to slip up on Sunday. So important we get the two points.

Also an important message to our boys to never underestimate an injury riddled team who we're expected to beat. These games in the past are the ones we have shown complacency.

franklin2323

Immortal
Totally understand your point of view. I just think we have to put out our best side. Players are always carrying niggles it is just the way it is. It is the season ending injuries you want to avoid, particularly to key players. Touch wood we have our share of injuries, a couple of long term ones but no worse than any other side at present.

Often niggles turn into worse injuries though. A week or 2 pain now is better than getting a long term injury.

Take Martin. A shoulder reconstruction is the season..why take that risk? We will end the weekend in top 4 regardless.

WestyLife

First Grade
Often niggles turn into worse injuries though. A week or 2 pain now is better than getting a long term injury.

Take Martin. A shoulder reconstruction is the season..why take that risk? We will end the weekend in top 4 regardless.

This. You stop niggles becoming season ending by resting. The two best coaches in the game do it every year.

Fangs

Coach
Last year we were chasing an 8 spot. Guys like Yeo had to play busted as our backrow options were poor.

Different story when you are heading the pack. Looking forward to seeing another debut.

kinghippo

Juniors
I get that feeling about every game.
The fact NQ are so under strength makes we worry we won’t turn up. I do think we look a lot more focused this year though.

They have plenty of potential to score points.
Feldt can be diamonds (or rocks), they have pure speed in the hammer, masters can be be a danger, Taumalolo is amazing and even Hess and Cooper can find the line.
If they get some early confidence it will be a tough game.

franklin2323

Immortal
This. You stop niggles becoming season ending by resting. The two best coaches in the game do it every year.

It isn't so much the opponent. Home game this week with a 7 day turnaround before the next. Perfect time to freshen up those that need it

Latest posts