What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin

franklin2323

Immortal
Not what I asked BUT you are still admitting you need at least one half and a good fullback. Most people will tell you hunt had a ridiculously good 2015 up until the golden point in the GF.

Also Cronk was successful with a busted shoulder through his higher than average intelligence of the game and how to organise a team.

My answer was not with those 2 because you need a kicking game to go with it. As long as a 7 can land the kicks where they need to go. You make the finals

Those sides that go really well have a really good 6 or 1. In Storm's case a great 9.

Not in all cases. Look at Parra run in 2009 and Bulldogs in 2012. On the back of Hayne and Barba going nuts. When do you recall a side going on a run on the back of a 7?

WestyLife

First Grade
My answer was not with those 2 because you need a kicking game to go with it. As long as a 7 can land the kicks where they need to go. You make the finals

Those sides that go really well have a really good 6 or 1. In Storm's case a great 9.

Not in all cases. Look at Parra run in 2009 and Bulldogs in 2012. On the back of Hayne and Barba going nuts. When do you recall a side going on a run on the back of a 7?

Sounds like you're making a good case for needing one or two dominant spine positions with the other/s being just talented enough for support.

age.s

First Grade
The sides with great 7s dont need to "go on a run" because they're dynasties. Cronk with Melbourne and then the Roosters. Manly with DCE back in the day.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sounds like you're making a good case for needing one or two dominant spine positions with the other/s being just talented enough for support.

That is when sides are at their best it is too easy to shut down a 7. Just rush them all night most of the time you what is coming and if they have no time to pass it to those with the x factor.

Look at JT. The best player I have seen yet only one premiership as a starter. Origin and test records prove he isn't choker but needed talent in those crucial positions to do his thing

mxlegend99

Referee
Walsh is a perfect example. Only could kick would lay it on a dime and we ran 2nd despite having an ordinary team and coach.
He played finals once in his career.

Our kick chase was what made us good that season. Our whole backline was good at chasing kicks but we also had Lewis, Cooper and Smith in the forwards who moved quick and chased kicks well.

His kicks were fine... But it's the kick chase that decides how good they were. Obviously a player can kick so badly the kick chase is irrelevant and cant do shit to make it work. But even a perfect kick is only good if the kick chase is. Exception being for 40/20s where kick chase becomes irrelevant.

Although his biggest issue was he hated contact. Would never run the ball and didn't want to tackle.

Kilkenny

Coach
Only take a game for Jarrod to justify his existance! :)

Hard to believe it is over 10 years since Jarrod Sammut played for us. Where does time go.

I have always thought Sammut could have played in the NRL for longer but was largely misused by our then coach Matt Elliot.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just saw the announcement of the teams for game 3 and Luai named in the 19. No Luke Keary so I assume he must be carrying an injury. It will be interesting if Cody or Nathan go down with an injury prior to SOO 3 we could see Luai making a debut. What odds would you have got for such an outcome prior to the start of 2020.

CCJohnC

Juniors
Just saw the announcement of the teams for game 3 and Luai named in the 19. No Luke Keary so I assume he must be carrying an injury. It will be interesting if Cody or Nathan go down with an injury prior to SOO 3 we could see Luai making a debut. What odds would you have got for such an outcome prior to the start of 2020.

Congratulations your name up on five different posts (well on my computer)

Kilkenny

Coach
Congratulations your name up on five different posts (well on my computer)

I go thru stages. Not sure that is a good thing. Took the wife to the movies today saw ‘Rams’ it was average but lunch afterwards was nice and had a couple of drinks. Few more drinks sitting on my back verandah and you guys have to cop my views and opinions. My apologies.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I go thru stages. Not sure that is a good thing. Took the wife to the movies today saw ‘Rams’ it was average but lunch afterwards was nice and had a couple of drinks. Few more drinks sitting on my back verandah and you guys have to cop my views and opinions. My apologies.

Sounds lovely Now why I wasn't (and others) invited ?

Kilkenny

Coach
Sounds lovely Now why I wasn't (and others) invited ?

Alice pre Covid I would take my wife to the movies once a week, I would enjoy a liquid lunch given she only ever has one sav Blanc and she was designated driver. Prior to today was probably the first time we have been to the movies since February. Today was a spur of the moment thing. You are now paying for it given I had and am still enjoying a few drinks.