What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

Crush

Coach
Josh Curran of the Warriors collided with a Storm player. The player, I think it was Jennings, dropped the ball and was worse for wear. The front on contact was not high, was not late, was not malicious nor was it careless. It was just a nicely timed hit. However he was binned and facing a two week suspension.

This would not happen if the teams were reversed. Just like Ravalawa will miss two weeks while Crichton will be applauded for his illegal hit on Clune.

Sometimes I question why I bother when this game has such injustice and blatant favouring in it.
It makes me sick!!!!

thebigredv

First Grade
It makes me sick!!!!

People are living in fairy land if they don't think individuals and their associated clubs don't have a huge bearing on what goes on in our game in terms of rules, laws, judiciary...the media have their own agendas so they are hit and miss about putting heat on anyone. We can't see the inner workings of it all but we see the effects. I almost left the game when Slater was let off suspension to play in the grand final. A shoulder charge way worse than Rava's solid hit. No sooner had it happened the channel nine team were coming to his defence.

Imagine if Bennett didn't have any credibility with the powers that be. We'd still be looking for that elusive premiership.

Crush

Coach
People are living in fairy land if they don't think individuals and their associated clubs don't have a huge bearing on what goes on in our game in terms of rules, laws, judiciary...the media have their own agendas so they are hit and miss about putting heat on anyone. We can't see the inner workings of it all but we see the effects. I almost left the game when Slater was let off suspension to play in the grand final. A shoulder charge way worse than Rava's solid hit. No sooner had it happened the channel nine team were coming to his defence.

Imagine if Bennett didn't have any credibility with the powers that be. We'd still be looking for that elusive premiership.
That Slater let off made me boo him at the GF. I felt terrible after the game, it wasn’t his fault he got off but I was so frustrated that I spent the whole game booing Slater, along with plenty of others.
It’s just all about $$$.

thebigredv

First Grade
That Slater let off made me boo him at the GF. I felt terrible after the game, it wasn’t his fault he got off but I was so frustrated that I spent the whole game booing Slater, along with plenty of others.
It’s just all about $$$.

The cheats of our game had nowhere to hide after that incident. He get off because he was Billy Slater of Storm/Ch 9...that was his defence.

And we, the public were supposed to be happy such a player would not miss the biggest game of the year.

I don't remember when our game got so corrupt but since Super League it hasn't been the same.

BLM01

First Grade
Josh Curran of the Warriors collided with a Storm player. The player, I think it was Jennings, dropped the ball and was worse for wear. The front on contact was not high, was not late, was not malicious nor was it careless. It was just a nicely timed hit. However he was binned and facing a two week suspension.

This would not happen if the teams were reversed. Just like Ravalawa will miss two weeks while Crichton will be applauded for his illegal hit on Clune.

Sometimes I question why I bother when this game has such injustice and blatant favouring in it.
The Warriors player got off, as he should.
Rava would not stand a chance of getting off. His was a blatant head / shoulder charge as you can get
It was a brain explosion all he had to do was get his arms up in some sort of wrapping position.
Take your point though. I would like to have a look at Slater's one again where he got let off to play the GF?. They reckon his was more of a push than a shoulder charge and had his arms in some sort of a position that warranted an over rule....cough cough

thebigredv

First Grade
TruSaint , Walpole and O.T. agree with each of you , the Dragons should had had the gumption to at least put up a defense, or perhaps have a discussion to someone at the judiciary - Annesley .

Although Peirrera tackle looked very bad , I still believe that their Teddy had fallen into it to a degree . As bad as it appeared , the Dragons should had backed their man and also made the point that Peirrera is not a individual whose is overly aggressive.

But the Dragons have made their decision and the boys will have to accept it and move on , but it rankles me to think that our club’s representatives - coach or whomever merely accept it .

Anyone even remember a time one of our players got off after fighting? I don't.

BLM01

First Grade
The cheats of our game had nowhere to hide after that incident. He get off because he was Billy Slater of Storm/Ch 9...that was his defence.

And we, the public were supposed to be happy such a player would not miss the biggest game of the year.

I don't remember when our game got so corrupt but since Super League it hasn't been the same.
Pay & Free to Air TV Rules and pays for the rights..there is your answer
They get the games they want and the rules bent to suit their entertainment factor criteria for the audience of all ages and gender..except after 9.30pm when Joey lets loose.
Apply the rules and talk only about football post game.... does not suit the motus operandi
Now free to air have to put up with Money Bill the bro..commentating..
or was that part of his payment for coming back last year to the Roosters and how they fit him under the cap.

St Tangles

Bench
Waste of time..he would of got 3 otherwise.
And our club does seek legal advice and does its due diligence before choosing to accept or roll the dice

Disagree a reduction in grading should have been the goal

Plenty of similar tackles from our match alone by the opposition that could of been shown in his defence

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Disagree a reduction
Disagree a reduction in grading should have been the goal

Plenty of similar tackles from our match alone by the opposition that could of been shown in his defence
It’s all about the position of the arms St Tangles that’s where the differences are that’s why those others didn’t get charged.
I don’t agree but that is there criteria
Half arse attempt to look like you are trying to wrap your arms will do it having hanging out there. Watch the game again you’ll see the difference with the roosters ones and Rava kanakaze attempt BTW. I agree with Joey Johns I thought it was a great hit and legitimate in my world

Dragon David

First Grade
My defence for Ravalawa is he led with his shoulder (and head). This is how a good tackle to the abdomen (gut) region is executed. You lead with the shoulder (forget about the head for now) and drive into the oppositions body. Your arms then come into play to wrap around the body of your opponent as you lift and drive them into the ground hoping it is the cricket pitch (old grounds of yesteryear) area so they feel the real impact of the tackle. There is every chance your opponent will have sore ribs his breath will be knocked out of him and there is every chance his head will strike the ground/cricket pitch and be knocked senseless.
Now his head hit the opponent's gut as he came from the side and misjudged or mistimed the tackle by Milli seconds. Also Ravalawas right arm doesn't wrap because of the angle of attack and he uses it to maintain his balance. His left arm does wrap if you look at the photo taken from behind Morris (that photo has been produced by someone here on Facebook have any of you seen it?). Actually you can see Ravalawa's left arm make contact with Josh Morris's body in this photo.
There we have it a legitimate tackle he did not use a shoulder charge and did not strike the opponent's head.
Not guilty!
"This is how a good tackle to the abdomen (gut) region is executed."
These sort of tackles are very effective as shown by JDB in several games, however, JDB did bring his arms around the opposing players. Rava's left arm you can see does wrap around Morris and his right arm stays behind to maintain balance. I don't know whether or not our officials thought that this was reasonable to challenge the grading?

Dragon David

First Grade
Makes perfect sense. Why the hell does he hate Saints so much and how does he get these high positions in the NRL? Does he do this to inflict further pain? If he becomes CEO of the NRL Saints may as well exit the comp.
There appears to be several ex-players like Patten, Fitzgibbon and Perenara etc to name some who don't give a f-ck about us now and they are not the only ones who feel the same. We don't get any preferential treatment more like harsh treatment and always first to cop the wrath of the officials when new rules come in.
This is the reason , plus others, why noted players have sidestepped us when we try and sign them up (maybe not so bad now that Hook is the coach).

"The Dragons have won 11 in a row so lets concentrate on other teams and how we can help them to succeed" is how I perceive we are now being treated.

SAP58

Juniors
I agree, its the "intentional" grading that erks me, reckless at best but a legitimate tackle IMO as well. They wont upset Uncle Nick, he has way too much power at the top, the decisions from the judiciary over the past two weeks shows that !

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
It’s just all about $$$.

Not to mention 2009 when Superstar Hayne kicked a bloke in the head during the semi against Canterbury where he knocked the bloke out and was allowed to play in the GF. But Frizell gets suspended for touching a ref as he was trying to walk past him. This sport is infuriating.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Makes perfect sense. Why the hell does he hate Saints so much and how does he get these high positions in the NRL? Does he do this to inflict further pain? If he becomes CEO of the NRL Saints may as well exit the comp.

it’s so obvious to see that he hates St George ever since he got cut. Even Stevie Wonder can see this. Vladimir Putin and his cronies are less corrupt than the NRL.

Latest posts