What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Jim Rockford

Bench
Have faith! Not renewing club membership, forget it, ill die a member,win lose or drawer
Handy brother I appreciate that this is the salary cap doing it's thing. I just feel that we could have worked harder to accommodate Reynos desire for a longer contract. You can't bend over and accept everything players ask for but there are some players who have earned the right to be looked after. Reyno is well and truly one of those players. As for my membership, I am still tossing up what I'm going to do. Whatever I decide it will only be after I have given it serious consideration.

Handy buddy, I’m just a guest and I’m not taking any sentiment at all into the equation.

I’ve argued he presents you with a massive advantage before a ball is even kicked.

I’ve said that he’s worth over $4m a season to the club easily after his salary is taken account. That’s net and cash in sollys pocket.

We rated him recently, he was in the top 1% of all nrl players on points.

He’s not asking for top 1% cash, nowhere near it.

He’s asking for what, $300,000 less than his market value and his stewardship will be invaluable to the kids who can be eased in properly.

If memory serves, you were trying to offload gags a couple of years ago for unders.

It’s got that nasty scent of the injustice served up to Mario Fenech of years ago. It’s worse because Mario was aging a bit when Renno is on fire.

Travitoh

First Grade
Yes its a monumental error, but, this is the salary cap working, i agree not to our advantage, but nontheless working.
We have dawson at 21, taafe at 21,, groomed to take over, we are in the grip of a salary cap disaster, saving 700 odd k will help us stabalise and prepare for the future, the roosters are doing it,ok they are dipping a little, and we have to face up,we will dip until our youngsters come up to speed.
We have to trust in the club, we support the club, we have our individual favourites yes, but its life, that players come and go, we have to have faith in the club.
I wouldnt think demitriou who is part of the recruitment/retention committee, would want to take over next year with half the team gone, his neck would be on the block.
Whats happening was inevitable, now or in 1 or 2 years, do we lose taafe and dawson? Many teams are after halves. What situation would we be in cap wise if we had bent over for suaali? I wonder how many would we have had to clear out?
Have faith! Not renewing club membership, forget it, ill die a member,win lose or drawer

IMO, this is an example of why the salary cap is broken. It punishes clubs that build good teams. Penrith are largely built from their juniors and will eventually be torn apart because of the salary cap.

And perhaps to illustrate what a remarkable person he is, as opposed to “just” being gold plated marquee:

When Renno is told by Souths that they won’t meet his reasonable requirements and they force him to go to market, he still puts in 110%.

No dummy spit, no “ go-slow”, no juvenile hurrah, no white anting, no club chaos.

He just gets on with it.

He has more character and heart than all of your bumbling officials put together ( who are better than ours at Wests tigers though!).

The membership issue is private Souths business, not for my comment. Search your own souls Souths buddies. I’ll support each of you the same, whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
And perhaps to illustrate what a remarkable person he is, as opposed to “just” being gold plated marquee:

When Renno is told by Souths that they won’t meet his reasonable requirements and they force him to go to market, he still puts in 110%.

No dummy spit, no “ go-slow”, no juvenile hurrah, no white anting, no club chaos.

He just gets on with it.

He has more character and heart than all of your bumbling officials put together ( who are better than ours at Wests tigers though!).

The membership issue is private Souths business, not for my comment. Search your own souls Souths buddies. I’ll support each of you the same, whatever you decide to do.

Adam Reynolds should be putting in. Not only does his value drop if his form dips, the club is still paying him a healthy salary to play footy.

Adam Reynolds should be putting in. Not only does his value drop if his form dips, the club is still paying him a healthy salary to play footy.

With respect, that’s a very cold, bleak, hollow and grim expectation in the circumstances in which he finds himself.

I could not blame him for letting his disappointment be made manifest by a lessor performance being asked to bleed, disable or even die for a club that has abandoned him. Players do die. It’s terrible but rugby league is so brutal and dangerous. I respect all our players for their courage. It’s amazing.

Souths were never a club run by accountants and have long survived and prospered on the blood, sweat and tears of individuals. Goodwill, charity, togetherness and humanity. Things that it stands for.

I invoke the names of Russell Crowe and George Piggins as examples of people who are willing to dig deep and make great personal sacrifices to ensure the immortality and success of your club.

No bowing to the filthy dollar for these blokes. Not on their watch. They are givers. The best of you. The best.

I hope George is going ok. He belongs to the game these days. We love him at the Tigers. He’s as important as Tommy easily.

He scored 14 points tonight. He’s just brilliant Renno.

Last edited:

Tiger Shark

Bench
Handy buddy, I’m just a guest and I’m not taking any sentiment at all into the equation.

I’ve argued he presents you with a massive advantage before a ball is even kicked.

I’ve said that he’s worth over $4m a season to the club easily after his salary is taken account. That’s net and cash in sollys pocket.

We rated him recently, he was in the top 1% of all nrl players on points.

He’s not asking for top 1% cash, nowhere near it.

He’s asking for what, $300,000 less than his market value and his stewardship will be invaluable to the kids who can be eased in properly.

If memory serves, you were trying to offload gags a couple of years ago for unders.

It’s got that nasty scent of the injustice served up to Mario Fenech of years ago. It’s worse because Mario was aging a bit when Renno is on fire.

Where on earth do you get this $4m figure from ?

big hit!

Bench
Yes its a monumental error, but, this is the salary cap working, i agree not to our advantage, but nontheless working.
We have dawson at 21, taafe at 21,, groomed to take over, we are in the grip of a salary cap disaster, saving 700 odd k will help us stabalise and prepare for the future, the roosters are doing it,ok they are dipping a little, and we have to face up,we will dip until our youngsters come up to speed.
We have to trust in the club, we support the club, we have our individual favourites yes, but its life, that players come and go, we have to have faith in the club.
I wouldnt think demitriou who is part of the recruitment/retention committee, would want to take over next year with half the team gone, his neck would be on the block.
Whats happening was inevitable, now or in 1 or 2 years, do we lose taafe and dawson? Many teams are after halves. What situation would we be in cap wise if we had bent over for suaali? I wonder how many would we have had to clear out?

who's dawson? you've mention him twice and I don't have a clue.

Jim Rockford

Bench
I see these DCE rumours and I'm a little confused. I was told we were letting Reyno go because we had these young guns waiting in the wings. Now we are supposedly considering bringing in DCE? Something seriously isn't adding up here.

big hit!

Bench
perhaps the club assumed Reynolds would sign yearly contracts (like Sutto did) until the kids coming though were ready.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I see these DCE rumours and I'm a little confused. I was told we were letting Reyno go because we had these young guns waiting in the wings. Now we are supposedly considering bringing in DCE? Something seriously isn't adding up here.

Im more leaning towards Reynolds has injury issues that the club doesn't want to rely on.

Where on earth do you get this $4m figure from ?

Based on my proposition that Adam in an individual capacity is responsible for winning about 5 games a year for Souths.

As a result of his kicking, play and performance which we know is in the top 1% of all nrl players. That’s statistical fact and not opinion. Cold Science and entirely unable to be challenged.

The amount of money spent on each game by the bunnies would be about $1m, factoring in players and official salaries, infrastructure and costs.

Ergo he brings in a lot more than he’s paid.

Dollar for dollar, even at 700,000, that’s about a fifth of what I think he would worth in a no cap free market. A lousy 20%.

The club is coming the red prawn with him. Almost every fan of all other clubs think he’s bloody sublime and we would give our left arm to sign him.

Last edited:

Latest posts