What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 2 - Vs Broncos

Nafedogg

Juniors
I’m not opposed to a reshuffle, but what happens when we bring say Hawkins in and he doesn’t perform? All the fans turn on him and want another change. It’s a viscous cycle.

Hellray

Juniors
Until the “stars” of this team perform the rest of the team will continue to flounder. Yes Ilias has his flaws but so does Hawkins, Walker also has his flaws and at times deserves just as much the same if not more of the hate that everyone give Ilias.

Walker is on the big money, meant to be the star. He was who we chose to keep over Reynolds. And yet I haven’t seen him do much at all, he let a broken Reynolds chase him down tonight, he should have been sin binned not cookie.

so instead of wanting to drop every player we have and make wholesale changes let’s demand better of our big contract players first when they perform the rest of the team performs. And they aren’t clear as day.

truthslayer

Juniors
Unfortunately Murray is NOT a winner. He does not know HOW TO WIN and he has zero charisma. Truth is hard to swallow we see this in World Events today and in the growth of the economic hardship of many. Truth is the club needs a charismatic smart Coach one who commands fear and respect. Selecting Kennar-Gagai in the backline is simply ridiculous. Team needs a Coach who makes the roster UNCOMFORTABLE, scared of non-performances. I can think of two that may be available: Maguire and Slater. The club needs a Coach with front who will provide discomfort to the entrenched divas [Walker, Mitchell, Koloamatangi etc] and challenge them to lift their performance.
Murray not a winner….you have that wrong

callmack1

Staff member
Okay, I know saying 'I'm fuming' has become a bit of a joke around here but honestly, it's the best way I can describe how I'm feeling right now. How we're all feeling, I'm sure. Just absolutely livid and so friggin pissed off after that. That was diabolical, pathetic, a rabble. Call it what you want, it was just downright awful.

We looked amazing for a 10-minute period there but the rest was just awful.

We completed at 63% for the game and it was down at 50% at one stage. Like, for frick sake!!! Seriously, this has been a problem for years, why isn't it being fixed? There were 13 errors tonight. 13!!! That is just an absolute joke. I don't care what anyone says, that was the crux of the issue tonight. No team in the comp would complete like that, turn over that much ball, and still look okay. No one. It led to and amplified everything bad we saw tonight. Now, I'm not blaming just the errors on the loss, we have a lot of other areas of our game that were poor, but I can almost guarantee you that if we complete better tonight, we're not all losing our minds like we are.

As I said though, a hundred other issues to come out of this game. Defence being the main one. Again, we concede close to 30 points and some of the tries were just unforgivable.

You know what? F**k this. I'm not going to go on anymore. I'll do it when I do my match report.

I'm that wild at the moment I just can't find the words.

callmack1

Staff member

That press conference is a joke. I get what JD is saying about the errors, completely agree with that but to say you were happy with the defensive resolve?? That's just taking the piss.

Thumper

Juniors
That was worse than last week.
some of the dumbest footballers in the country play at this club.
Keppie at the top of the list.
T Burgess sitting right along side of him.
Illias has got to go. I defended him for so long. He has no confidence and looks scared to do anything.

Havilli cares. Tanne cares
Not many others do.
even after the game he was the only one who went over to the burrow to wave and say thank you. He dragged keaon with him.
my backline next week would be
1. Gray
2. Johnston
3. Trell
4. Tass
5 Milne.
6 jack
7 Cody.
JD needs to do something. The ability of them to defend errors is nonexistent.
Tom trying to charge down that kick after they got it back to 12-12 was one of the dumbest things I’ve seen on a football field. Changed all the momentum.
he needs to be dropped. His impact is shit. 5 missed tackles to go with it.

assess5

Juniors
The worst prepared first grade rugby league team I have witnessed.
Cannot be bothered with listing mistakes, lack of fitness etc.

The responsibility rests with one man and that man is currently blaming the players.
Have a look at his record, have a look at the team he put on the field, how can Demetrio expect any other result.

Thumper

Juniors
The worst prepared first grade rugby league team I have witnessed.
Cannot be bothered with listing mistakes, lack of fitness etc.

The responsibility rests with one man and that man is currently blaming the players.
Have a look at his record, have a look at the team he put on the field, how can Demetrio expect any other result.
With the injuries south’s have JD doesn’t have many options. No matter who he picks from the players available south’s still don’t win that game.

I’m not opposed to a reshuffle, but what happens when we bring say Hawkins in and he doesn’t perform? All the fans turn on him and want another change. It’s a viscous cycle.

Gday this is how I see it( wighton 6 / walker 7 )
Hawkins or jye gray are better options than lachlan ilias all day long thats why ilias was rated the 14th worst #7 in the nrl.
The bottom line is use wighton this year in the halves or go buy a top 10 half back for 2025 otherwise we will remain uncompetitive in the halves for years to come mr walker is ageing and he needs a top half back to lead us around the paddock like Adam reynolds use to do before he left ilias is a park footballer at best.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
I thought after the embarrassing capitulation at the end of last season an off season of soul searching would fill the team with a steely resolve to start the year - it has been anything but the case !!
One of Wayne Bennett’s favourite sayings is “If you always do what you’ve always done, you always get what you have always gotten”.
Time for change and some tough calls on key players !!!!!

That was worse than last week.
some of the dumbest footballers in the country play at this club.
Keppie at the top of the list.
T Burgess sitting right along side of him.
Illias has got to go. I defended him for so long. He has no confidence and looks scared to do anything.

Havilli cares. Tanne cares
Not many others do.
even after the game he was the only one who went over to the burrow to wave and say thank you. He dragged keaon with him.
my backline next week would be
1. Gray
2. Johnston
3. Trell
4. Tass
5 Milne.
6 jack
7 Cody.
JD needs to do something. The ability of them to defend errors is nonexistent.
Tom trying to charge down that kick after they got it back to 12-12 was one of the dumbest things I’ve seen on a football field. Changed all the momentum.
he needs to be dropped. His impact is shit. 5 missed tackles to go with it.

A. need a new coach
B. Off load ilias and kennar next year
C. Wighton at #6
D. Walker at #7
E. Go buy a (top 10) #7 for 2025
F. Go buy an enforcer for 2025
G. Play jye gray off the bench with 3 forwards for spark once the opposition's forwards get tired jye gray may well be our zip zip man just like Alfie Langer was for the donkeys especially when cody tires.

Well…just watched the highlights. This weeks training schedule should be:

1. Tackling your opponent
2. Catching the ball.

Roll on next week.

You can probably add "run straight at the line and stop forcing passes" to that too.

The first 10 minutes of the second half, the Rabbitohs played straight and direct, challenging the Broncos defence, before looking to pass short to a support playing steam onto it. That's when they scored twice, after that, they went back to passing to the outside backs all the time, which made them easier for the Broncos defence to pick off.

assess5

Juniors
With the injuries south’s have JD doesn’t have many options. No matter who he picks from the players available south’s still don’t win that game.
Demetrous had the whole summer to get the team fit which they clearly are not. Three times the sides where penalized for the offense which I'm sure the club where made aware of during the of season and the preseason - well sorted coach
I have pointed out to you previously that there are many options preferable to Kennar in the centres. Go and have a look.
Demetrous clearly plays favourites. That may be part of the trouble at the club - did Demetrous think that playing the same run on side would bring different results - I agree with you, Demetrous clearly thought so. Dumb guy, but its only rugby league, pretty simple.
It is harder to get out of the first grade side than it is to get in.
Lets see what changes this coach has for next week.