What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 7 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
28-0, Broncos. Halftime.

Heck, sorry for suggesting the Raiders might sneak a premiership, or even a GF appearance. In fact, that's a nightmare scenario for neutrals in October, Brisbane crowned champions by the break.

Last edited:
C'mon Titans! They've jumped ahead of Manly. They're due a win and we can't have that happening next week.

Gee, the Robina faithful are vocal!

12-10 up. Foran's having a good game. Fifita is yet to come on the field too...

...geez, 30-28, Titans, with a mountain of time left. What a game...for crying out loud, what a Dessie-killer, Brimson drops it near his line in the next set after scoring, Manly score, 34-30...and that's how it ended.
Do you think 90mins golden point affected Manly? Even with an extra day off than Warriors? Or Titans stepped up for a game?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Do you think 90mins golden point affected Manly? Even with an extra day off than Warriors? Or Titans stepped up for a game?
Titans always play well against us. The heavy conditions last week into even worse conditions last night will take some gas out of the legs, hopefully some more troops are fit next week, but never really looked tired or flat

JJ

Immortal
Think this weekend is suggesting Penrith, Brisbane and Melbourne are a cut above the rest…. And some including us are pretenders…

of those three I want Penrith to 4 peat!!!

Blair

Coach
There were quite a few hidings this round, which really shook up the f/a.

Rd 7 Ladder:

1713786423209.png

I'm not sure we'd have expected to be 10th with over a quarter of the season gone? We've beaten only one side above us on the ladder too.

On struggle street the Bulldogs look encouraging, the Tigers less so. Without Ponga Newcastle might be shot.

Geez, the Titans are winning a game soon, we know it! It can't be this week though, surely not?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
That ladder really hasn’t sorted itself out at all yet. Only really 3 sides off the pace and nobody has really kicked clear at the top yet. Only really the knights and bunnies who’ll be eyeing next season already I think. Even the Titans have some fight in them.

There were quite a few hidings this round, which really shook up the f/a.

Rd 7 Ladder:

View attachment 86979

I'm not sure we'd have expected to be 10th with over a quarter of the season gone? We've beaten only one side above us on the ladder too.

On struggle street the Bulldogs look encouraging, the Tigers less so. Without Ponga Newcastle might be shot.

Geez, the Titans are winning a game soon, we know it! It can't be this week though, surely not?
Yea the last couple of weeks have really hurt us in terms of table position but hopefully there's been a big attitude readjustment this week. Needs to be because Des and Foz are close to getting one.

Some big clubs still sitting beneath us though... at the start of the season I remember thinking surely the Roosters, Souths and Parra would find their way back to the top end of the table. But Souths could be 1-7 in a couple of weeks and Parra look like they'll keep struggling till Moses gets back.

Blair

Coach
At work there's this customer I always chat to. He's from Cronulla and stopped supporting them during Super League and never came back to the NRL.

Another reason he gave was the feeling you get when your team loses and you then 'lose your whole weekend'. He'd had enough of that. I know that feeling well!

JJ

Immortal
Dale Finucane forced into immediate retirement
old school hard as granite forward - I imagine the sort that guys love to run out with... sad, but they really do need to think hard about the head knocks, and focusing on lowering tackling seems at odds with how many tacklers take heavy knocks