What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Elliott Disappreciation Society

When will he go?

• He'll be shafted by the halfway mark to the season.

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • He'll see out the season but not re-signed.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • He'll be re-signed for 3 years by Mick Leary in July.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I don't care, I'm just stoked he's no longer at Canberra!

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

murraymob

Coach
Didn't the club say they'd be reviewing Elliott after Week 10. That gives him 3 more games to impress. I really would not like to be making a decision if we're still playing as well as we are without getting the results.

i think leary came out and said they will wait till the end of the year now

IanG

Coach
Also not trying to get stuck into your club, but what was this suggestion I heard at the end of last season that the only reason he wasn't punted at teh end of last season was because the club couldn't afford to pay him out?

murraymob

Coach
Also not trying to get stuck into your club, but what was this suggestion I heard at the end of last season that the only reason he wasn't punted at teh end of last season was because the club couldn't afford to pay him out?
elliott is on over 400k a year no club can pay out that much and employ a new coach as well

Fibroman

First Grade
Elliott really nees to look at the way he plays his favourites.

Cooper was absolutely horrible tonight in all aspects of his game. He offered nothing in attack. He was responsible for 2 tires to the Titans and was caught out in defence a number of time by being too big and too slow for a centre.

I personally would like to see this as my side against Canberra:

1. Coote
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Elford
5. Tia Kalifi
6. Graham
7. Walsh
8. Petero
9. Aiton
10. Bell
11. Waterhouse
12. Smith
13. Lewis

14. Grant
15. Blackett
16. Sammut
17. Woolnough

murraymob

Coach
fibro i will start a team thread soon for Canberra .Judging by Elliotts comments in press conferance Coote is having pretty bad back problems .With the short turn around i doubt he will play.I agree Cooper can not be in the centers

Fibroman

First Grade
I'd throw Sammut straight into fullback. He is not a half, but goes ok at fullback. That is the only position he can play at first grade level.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I agree. He's been playing out of position for quite awhile now.
Give him some space for his individual skills and we see what we saw of him tonight. Hopefully Elliott's pig headedness will see this and keep Walsh as the halfback and use Sammut as our impact player.

I can see him sort of how Craig Wing was used with the Roosters back in the early to mid 90's. Sammut is a great attack player but his cover defence is no where near Lachlan's imo. He still did well though in that 2nd half to save a couple of tries.

Kilkenny

Coach
I'd throw Sammut straight into fullback. He is not a half, but goes ok at fullback. That is the only position he can play at first grade level.

Sammut given free reign is a matchwinner. Whether as a fullback or as a dummy half just not as a 'playmaker' in the number seven.

murraymob

Coach
Hey choc when you started this thread you never thought it would become a life form on its own.Now we have 2 more years to add to it :lol::lol:

Caged Panther

First Grade
Hey choc when you started this thread you never thought it would become a life form on its own.Now we have 2 more years to add to it :lol::lol:

I was just thinking that, this thread could reach mammoth proportions depending on what happens in the next two years:lol:

mxlegend99

Referee
This thread definitely needs some new life, and re-signing this dropkick is sure to be enough to do that. It could take a month or two. But i'm certain confirm beyond all doubt that he is a terrible coach and the Panthers made a massive mistake in extending his contract. It's even worse then signing him in the first place.

murraymob

Coach
i am suprised panty boy has been able to resist coming into this thread and ranting about elliott

choc_soldier

Coach
Timely bump.

At this time, he should be on his way out, but instead he'll already start planning for next year courtesy of a two year extension on the back of an OK 6 week start to the season. It was a knee jerk reaction to constant media speculation about his future... 5 or so months down the track, it is yet another indicator of the pure incompetency of Panthers management.

I've had enough Matty - just go. I'm sick of failure.

Caged Panther

First Grade
We can't get rid of Elliott but the board elections are coming up and it's well and truly time that we sent them a message.

mightypanther

Juniors
Timely bump.

At this time, he should be on his way out, but instead he'll already start planning for next year courtesy of a two year extension on the back of an OK 6 week start to the season. It was a knee jerk reaction to constant media speculation about his future... 5 or so months down the track, it is yet another indicator of the pure incompetency of Panthers management.

I've had enough Matty - just go. I'm sick of failure.

Couldn't have put it better Roo......piss off smelliott, and piss off leary.
We're sick of being the laughing stock of the league.

mxlegend99

Referee
This thread definitely needs some new life, and re-signing this dropkick is sure to be enough to do that. It could take a month or two. But i'm certain confirm beyond all doubt that he is a terrible coach and the Panthers made a massive mistake in extending his contract. It's even worse then signing him in the first place.
Unfortunately I was right. Although the odds were definitely in my favour.

Latest posts