What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patterson told to look at other clubs

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
If he can't get his contract matched for next season what makes you think he is going to just walk?

If I was in his position I would not be going anywhere unless the right offer came along.

Johns Magic

Referee
From what I gather, if he is on 300K here and signs with someone else for 200K, we will have to pay him the 100K difference on top of the 200K from his new club meaning he will get 300K regardless. Could be wrong though.

Also, would offers from other sports count? I.e. if he signs with a French union team or something and they pay him 300K are we in the clear? I assume they would...

perverse

Referee
indeed, he doesn't have to walk.

what would i like to see from Pato? i'd like to see him take this as a wake up call and whip into action. who's to say he can't win himself a position in future plans? he still has a contract and tonnes of time to do it. he's been told he can look elsewhere for offers... what he does with this information will define his character. if he has fight in him, lets see it. none of this whinging in the papers about being another shocked and dismayed local getting torn from his precious club, how about show us how precious it is. another option is to negotiate a smaller contract, if all that hard work is too tough and the club really means that much to you.

otherwise, time to pack your bags, Cory. stop talking with your mouth and talk with your footy.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Im pretty sure if he leaves for another sport, regardless of the $$, we dont pay anything.

Could be mistaken though

B-dos

Referee
was amusing to read his comments in the paper today

saying he wanted to be a knight for life and how much it all means to him

i guess thats the expected response when youre cut. although should he be have playing well and his contract be up for renewal with a few clubs after him, im guessing we'd be hearing the usual 'ive got to do whats right for my family' line

if he is on anywhere near the reported 300k this is an excellent move by the club. he is worth 1/3rd of that at most

Are making a joke about his health there mate?

I just find it weird how during the great depression and the world wars and such you never heard of depression, ADHD yet in our current era which is Eutopia compared to them every second person has some kind of mental illness or syndrome.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
no, it's just not enough to justify his wage by a long way. :oops:

Why refer to his wage, that has nothing to do with your original comment? You said he hadn't performed for years and I pointed out that you are incorrect as he was the teams best player, or very close to it for the first half of the year. :lol:

Apey

Staff member
I just find it weird how during the great depression and the world wars and such you never heard of depression, ADHD yet in our current era which is Eutopia compared to them every second person has some kind of mental illness or syndrome.

#-o

cram

Bench

You really are an illinformed individual.

Alex28

Coach
If he can't get his contract matched for next season what makes you think he is going to just walk?

If I was in his position I would not be going anywhere unless the right offer came along.
Which is fine for 2012. When you then come off contract and you are being offered nothing because a coach of the standard of Wayne Bennett won't play you in first grade, that kinda stuffs your career.

He would be better off to go to a club that will show him some love next year. Would be better for all concerned.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors

You made a joke about something you clearly know nothing about and then tried to justify it. I don't even know how to respond to that.

RABK

Referee
I can't say i often see posts around this forum that make me literally shake my head but a couple from Baron in here did exactly that.

You're an asshole. That's from a person with diagnosed bi-polar and who has lost many close friends and dear family to depression.

Noname36

First Grade
Which is fine for 2012. When you then come off contract and you are being offered nothing because a coach of the standard of Wayne Bennett won't play you in first grade, that kinda stuffs your career.

By it having it come out though that the Knights have told him to look around, that is essentially telling other clubs "well if Wayne Bennett thinks his attitude is too poor to work with, then that's probably saying something".

If Cory ever wants to play close to his potential (which I doubt he ever will) then his best option would be to pull his f**king head in, stay at the club, work his ass off, and hope that his dedication and supposed "love" for the club pays off and Bennett rewards him with a new (although must smaller) contract.

From what I've seen from Pato lately though, as well as who he's now being managed by, I think he'll keep chasing the cash to different clubs, be kicked out of them eventually for not having a go, and never, ever be the player that he could have been.

Last edited:

Latest posts