What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roster for 2013 - Gains and Losses

hitman82

Bench
Apparently Malakai Watene-Zelezniak is now training with us... former under 20s Panther, plays centre.
Born: 27 Aug 1991
Height: 186 cm.
Weight: 97 kg.

Diesel

Referee
He may have been bought for cheap and will play in the Vulcans as depth if we get severely injured centers. With J-Ro, Nielson and Dominique Peyroux he'd be down the list but depth is a good thing. Compare most of 2012 to what we have as centers now and there is a massive change

hitman82

Bench
...So, he's a former NYC centre who didn't make it to NRL level? Awesome!

He's less than 1 year out of the NYC... I think he still has time to make it to NRL level.

Cheap, well rated, centre depth. = good in my books.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I liked him when I saw him play, has potential, i'd rate him ahead of ben henry at centre. Peyroux imo is better suited to the second row also so I see MWZ as a pure centre which we need considering how injury prone J-Ro & Hurrell are.

Diesel

Referee
It's a good move getting depth in any position to make sure there is no repeat of players giving up or not giving a shit

playdaball

Bench
I can recall the warriors a few years ago when mark graham was coach (I think), the club purchased a number of 2nd tier players as back up - when injuries occurred they played top grade and weren't up to the required standard. Guys like Matt spence spring to mind.

Hopefully this is not the case in 2012.

blain

Juniors
I dont mind if he gets a Vulcans or wider squad contract, but I would have thought they would be better off going for a winger in the same stage of their career as Malakai.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I dont mind if he gets a Vulcans or wider squad contract, but I would have thought they would be better off going for a winger in the same stage of their career as Malakai.

Mate, im pretty sure he is equally a winger. In fact

Penrith shot themselves in the foot last couple of years by playing mugs on the wing i.e tighe or simmonds.

Instead of trying to blood their youngsters - like Malakai & Andrew Pelasio.

His older brother was quite good Zoram and I think he has a younger brother who is a gun. From a well known league family - the Watenes.

Iafeta

Referee
Wasn't there a first grader at the Warriors about 15 years ago with the surname Watene?

LeagueNut

First Grade
Frank Watene played one first grade game in 1998.

Holy crap, that was nearly 15 years ago.... I feel old. :(

Matrix

Juniors
Rumours on facebook that Elijah Taylor has signed with penrith for 2014,strange if they didnt want to retain him,imo.Any truth to it?

soc123_au

Staff member
Mate, im pretty sure he is equally a winger. In fact

Penrith shot themselves in the foot last couple of years by playing mugs on the wing i.e tighe or simmonds.

Instead of trying to blood their youngsters - like Malakai & Andrew Pelasio.

His older brother was quite good Zoram and I think he has a younger brother who is a gun. From a well known league family - the Watenes.

Zoran is the older cousin. Malakai has loads of potential I am dissapointed we let him go.
Really nice young fella from a good family. His Mum worked for me for a few years. All the boys are good players.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Rumours on facebook that Elijah Taylor has signed with penrith for 2014,strange if they didnt want to retain him,imo.Any truth to it?

No idea if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

With Lowrie, Benry, Mannering we've got more than enough one dimensional players. My concern is how f**ked our vanilla backrow will be when Mateo signs elsewhere.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
No idea if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

With Lowrie, Benry, Mannering we've got more than enough one dimensional players. My concern is how f**ked our vanilla backrow will be when Mateo signs elsewhere.

If true should F*ck off now we don't need a repeat of the Maloney saga like last year. If and a big IF this is true do you think it has anything to do with Taylor's comments re Iro and Elliott?

hitman82

Bench
If true should F*ck off now we don't need a repeat of the Maloney saga like last year. If and a big IF this is true do you think it has anything to do with Taylor's comments re Iro and Elliott?

If true, I think we will see Benry playing as first choice ahead of Taylor. Benry is signed for another 3 seasonsI believe.

Latest posts