What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: Centenary Test :: Australia v NZ @ SCG

Centenary Test Result :: Australia v New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ozbash

Referee
It wouldn't surprise me if a few calls go the Kiwis' way...

not with Klein blowing, he is australian...

Shorty

Staff member
I may bet on the Kiwis I think,this is Aus team is superb but the Kiwis have a lot of good players that I think may be underestimated.

Good to see people getting tickets too,it shouldn't matter what the scoreline is it's 100 years of League,it's a big occasion.

Big Pete

Referee
Kite averages 24 tackles and 12 hit ups a game (3rd in the league) at an average of 10 metres per run. Pretty good stats btw. He is the incumbent too, you don't lose a test spot with those numbers.

Compare that to Mr. "74 minutes for 2 hits ups" Tupou who seems to slide into the team without question.

According to Big League stats, you're a little off.

He averages 14 Hit Ups a game, and a 7.74 metres per run.

Mind you I can accept his inclusion in the side and really can't wait to cheer every player who plays for Australia.

Blaze

Juniors
If Lima was in there I would tempted to say that the kiwis have the better forward pack... it is certainly one of the weaker Australian forward packs I have seen...

Alehana

Juniors
That just doesn't make sense. All other 4 major cities (even Adelaide, the AFL dominated city) get to see the game at a decent time, yet Perth, who gets the Sunday game at the same time as the NSW/QLD ppl, doesn't get this game shown till the late hours of night? That's disgraceful and completely unacceptable! I wonder what time it's on Fox Sports though, cause it could be a very long wait if its on late at night (although in WA viewers favour, the time difference will make things easier, being 2 hrs earlier from Eastern States).

If I was you, I'd be writing in a letter of complaint to whoever the Ch9 affiliate is over there in WA.

Oh i have been. but over in the WARL forum we've been writing to these guys for ages, and no reply, even when we thank them for the league coverage, i think they just throw it in the bin, but i'll keep trying, its an absolute disgrace.

Today in the west (newspaper) there were 4 pages on the history of AFL, and the dream team of the century for a full page, and all this afl sh!t and then in the last page there was a column on the test which said how the aussie foreward pack was soo much better than the kiwis, any league fan with a bit of knowledge would say that the kiwis have at least an equal foreward pack, just shows how much our writers over here care aobut league.

Alehana

Juniors
v.brave, its so predictable, every time the aussies r the clear favourites and every1's like dont right off the kiwis, i've been one of those ppl that have tipped the kiwis to win (i even thought we'd win last year) yet everytime the aussies kill, especially in these tests aroud anzac day.
on history i'm predicting an aussie hiding,

yet whatver i think, usually the opposite has happened.

so i'll predict aussies by less than 20 greater that 12

Wiljoy00

Juniors
I would like to advise any Poms on this forum not to miss this match either live or on TV.......this is what you will have to face later in the year,...a hiding from both sides,your days of being No2 in the world has now gone,the Kiwis have gone well passed you, the days of mental preparedness for England are finished,and the Kangaroos now prepare for the Kiwis.

Super League my foot.:roll::roll::roll:

roughyedspud

Coach
I would like to advise any Poms on this forum not to miss this match either live or on TV.......

don't worry i'll be watching, i'll be watching australia to see our fellow world cup finalists and watching NZ to them get another 40+ point hammering

this is what you will have to face later in the year,...a hiding from both sides,

both sides??? like the hiding NZ got off australia & GB last season? what was it 58-0 & 44-0...lol

your days of being No2 in the world has now gone,the Kiwis have gone well passed you,

our days @ number 2 started when we gave the kiwis a 3-0 series hammering last season sunshine,and the journey to number 1 begins on sunday 2nd november and ends at the 4 nations final in november 2009..

the days of mental preparedness for England are finished,and the Kangaroos now prepare for the Kiwis.

i hope you are'nt prepared for us cos your in for the shock of your lives in november.....and the kiwis are your bitches..but... if putting 50 points on them makes you feel good then good for you

lotti

Bench
7 Storm players in the aussie team, Mondy Night will be a good test for Origin since the same players will most probably get called up.

Alehana

Juniors
its funny how things r,
aus gain JT
kiwis lose BR

sh!t like this always seems to happen to kiwi teams in general, some last minute thing happens and we stuff things up for ourselves, not just an off field thing either, a penalty in dire minutes, foreward pass, bad decision, always seems to go against us

i'm not going to be in denial here, i reckon nz will get fu**ed tonight, with the trend thats happening, aus will have all the luck all the 50/50's and it will all go to plan for them, while nz will fall apart.

i hate saying this, but i cant see it anyother way.

if some1 else can give me a reason why nz will win or some confident speech i would appreciate it very much,

Murphdogg1

Juniors
its funny how things r,
aus gain JT
kiwis lose BR

sh!t like this always seems to happen to kiwi teams in general, some last minute thing happens and we stuff things up for ourselves, not just an off field thing either, a penalty in dire minutes, foreward pass, bad decision, always seems to go against us

i'm not going to be in denial here, i reckon nz will get fu**ed tonight, with the trend thats happening, aus will have all the luck all the 50/50's and it will all go to plan for them, while nz will fall apart.

i hate saying this, but i cant see it anyother way.

if some1 else can give me a reason why nz will win or some confident speech i would appreciate it very much,

Have some Faith! Sheez!

A) He isnt even close to our best player
B) Hohaia is probably a better player (certainly defensively)
C) Hohaia has been training with the backs all week - he knows all the moves
D) Hohaia is VERY experienced - he has played 5+ NRL seasons, NRL Grand Final, Test Matches - he knows what he is doing

Its not ideal but lets not go too far!

roughyedspud

Coach
your days of being No2 in the world has now gone,the Kiwis have gone well passed you, the days of mental preparedness for England are finished,and the Kangaroos now prepare for the Kiwis.

Super League my foot.:roll::roll::roll:

ha ha the game is only 25mins old and you already look a proper d!ck :lol:

lotti

Bench
gotta love the flying Joe and it was fitting that Gasnier scored the first try of the game.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
WTF is the ref trying to even up the game now? There was 3 bad calls all in a row in favour of NZ.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
wtf is wrong with the kiwis?

where is their passion?

why are they sitting back and admiring the kangaroos?

its 22-nil at HT to the aussies and we're bashing them

Blake

Juniors
wtf is wrong with the kiwis?

where is their passion?

why are they sitting back and admiring the kangaroos?

its 22-nil at HT to the aussies and we're bashing them

What's is wrong with the kiwi's? They are not good enough. Were in the end of a flogging last year and again this year. It is not poor fortune just poor players. Almost like watching the AB's play Samoa.

Blake

Juniors
They have no officially improved on last year. Coaching decision by the NZRL - vindicated.

Latest posts