What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin 3 :: QLD 16 NSW 28 @ Suncorp :: Wed 15 Jul

Origin III - Maroons or Blues

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

parramaniac2516

Juniors
I wouldnt really say QLD have been dominate. I mean most of the more recent games despite QLD's so called dominance, the game has been there for NSW to win in the last 5 minutes. For the side QLD have they should be winning by more......

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The odds of seeing a series whitewash ever again have been short for a very long time now. It won't happen. The losing side always takes too much momentum and purpose into the dead rubber and the result is all but known. Only this year has there been a chance that a clean sweep would occur due to the pathetic showings from NSW in 1 and 2, and the utter dominance of a virtually unchanged QLD side. But injury and apathy in the QLD side, plus a NSW team that finally showed up to play made sure the trend continued.

But to claim that QLD has not dominated this origin period is the height of dellusion.

You are in denial. Pure and unadulterated denial.
When did I claim that QLD had not dominated?

I merely suggested the dominance isn't as clear-cut as some of you rednecks would like to believe.

I mean look at the results - both games 1 and 2 were won by margins of ten points, with the final try scored in the final minute for QLD on both occasions. They then were comprehensively dusted in the third - by the biggest margin in the series.

2008 - Yeah, a dominant game two... but Games One and Three were decided by 8 and 6 points respectively.

2007 - Seven points, four points and a NSW win. Not really "dominance" there either

2006 - NSW by 1, QLD by 24 in game two (that's dominant), then a late try of a crap pass for a two point win in game three. QLD won Origin in 2006 by a single pass ffs!

See my point? Yeah there's been a couple of big games from Queensland, but in most cases you've either lost or struggled to put us away. The "unbeatable Maroons" is a proven myth, and just because the books show four straight, doesn't make them best Maroons side ever, not by a long shot.

Matt23

Staff member
What a disgraceful end to the match by the dirty, dirty NSW players. Brett White, not content with having elbowed Johnathon Thurston in the head earlier in the match, decides that he needs to do something else mind-numbingly stupid and start a fight with Steve Price. White is a cat, and it's a shame he got a lucky punch away because I would have loved to see Price shatter his face. Should have been sent off and will not play again for 8 weeks.

Waterhouse - well deserved send off, and that will probably be the last game he plays this season. 12 weeks plus for one of the lowest acts I have ever seen on a football field. I don't care whether Price had already been knocked out, because it happened only a split second before he grabbed him. Waterhouse came in, from behind, grabbed Price around the neck and tried to break it. Absolutely disgraceful and I hope he's rubbed out for a very, very long time.

I applaud Hodges and the rest of the Queenslanders for standing up for their mate. When a bloke gets knocked out by an absolute dog act, they have no choice. Congratulations Queensland, your passion showed through once again.

And to all the maggots applauding Price's injury, take a good hard look at yourselves. Scum.
:blahb:

bigfoot

Juniors
Trent Waterhouse blindsides him, grabs him round the neck and twists, attempting to break it. He then slams the head into the ground in an attempt to do more damage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXPfsbeTVyY
Where does Waterhouse "twist" and attempt to break his neck? :lol:
Where does he slam his head into the ground, attempting to do more damage? :lol:
He was attempting to break up the fight, and grabbed the bloke right after he was knocked out. Idiot.

As if any player, especially one with a completely clean record after many years in first grade, would try to break another players neck just because he was a Queenslander in his first game for NSW in 5 years. :lol: You're so delusional it's insane!

Waterhouse attributed to Price's injury with his crash tackle and attempt to drag him back up.
:lol:
Where does he attempt to drag him back up? He takes his hands off the bloke as soon as he is on the ground. Idiot.

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade
when QLD kicked the ball on the first tackle (30m out and with 30 seconds left on the clock) was that a deliberate attempt at trying to hurt someone? or was it a" well no time left, might as well as bomb it" ?

was it obvious that it was the former.. or was am i just deluded?

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Really?

For how dominant QLD have supposedly been, surely they'd have won at least one of the four series by 3-0... nope... couldn't do it.

Timmah say this out loud

"My team just lost four series in a row."

repeat about 29 times.

Maybe it just might sink in.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
When did I claim that QLD had not dominated?

I merely suggested the dominance isn't as clear-cut as some of you rednecks would like to believe.

I mean look at the results - both games 1 and 2 were won by margins of ten points, with the final try scored in the final minute for QLD on both occasions. They then were comprehensively dusted in the third - by the biggest margin in the series.

2008 - Yeah, a dominant game two... but Games One and Three were decided by 8 and 6 points respectively.

2007 - Seven points, four points and a NSW win. Not really "dominance" there either

2006 - NSW by 1, QLD by 24 in game two (that's dominant), then a late try of a crap pass for a two point win in game three. QLD won Origin in 2006 by a single pass ffs!

See my point? Yeah there's been a couple of big games from Queensland, but in most cases you've either lost or struggled to put us away. The "unbeatable Maroons" is a proven myth, and just because the books show four straight, doesn't make them best Maroons side ever, not by a long shot.

So you agree they dominated this Origin period?

Ta.

squiddy

Juniors
4. Trent Waterhouse blindsides him, grabs him round the neck and twists, attempting to break it. He then slams the head into the ground in an attempt to do more damage.

QUOTE]

You are kidding arn't you ?? That's a mighty big allegation there Skeepe :roll:

Me thinks you better re-watch the incident !

1. Kimmorley was tackling high all night. Every f**king tackle bar the Inglis one was around the head.

2. 8 point try was an incorrect ruling, but only because he clearly dropped the ball. What happened after that disgustingly wrong ruling though was correct, if it was going to be awarded a try then there was no option but the possible 8 point try. However it was clearly a no try.

3. The ball was clearly raked out. There was a ripping motion from the NSW player.

4. Brett White king hits a bloke who isn't looking. Trent Waterhouse blindsides him, grabs him round the neck and twists, attempting to break it. He then slams the head into the ground in an attempt to do more damage.

Seriously, is this what NSW fans have been reduced to? Celebrating the fact that it was a 2-1 loss instead of 3-0? Pathetic.

Can I ask...why do you post on here? It's not like your different opinions are justified and give people something to think about. Your posts are filled with stupid, biased garbage. You might not be dismissed as much if you said something worthwhile and didn't talk out of your a*se so much.

mxlegend99

Referee
The injury excuse doesn't work when NSW have had far more injuries/suspensions etc. the entire series. The massive difference is that our depth is nearly as good (sometimes even better to be honest) then our first choices. QLD have picked their strongest possible team, and when quality blokes like Petero and Hannant are out, the replacements are nowhere near the same quality.

Kiki

First Grade
lolol at QLD trying to use the injury excuse. we deadset had half the players we picked be ruled out with injuries.

PavlovsDog

Juniors
when QLD kicked the ball on the first tackle (30m out and with 30 seconds left on the clock) was that a deliberate attempt at trying to hurt someone? or was it a" well no time left, might as well as bomb it" ?

was it obvious that it was the former.. or was am i just deluded?

Hodges has admitted it was deliberate. He asked Lockyer to ensure it happened.