What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: QF1 Fri :: Storm 40 Sea Eagles 12 @ Etihad

Qualifying Final 1 :: Storm v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gong_eagle

First Grade
Melbourne Storm could be the losers

* By Andrew Johns
* September 11, 2009
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/imperfect-storm/story-e6frext9-1225771619009

Here's how I see this weekend panning out.

Storm v Eagles

I can't believe Melbourne have willingly given away their slippery, narrow playing surface at Olympic Park to play this one under the roof at Etihad Stadium.

It's a financial decision which could come back to bite them.

I love the way the Manly forwards are going right now and I think they have a big advantage over the Storm off the bench. How good is big George Rose going?

The Storm will need huge games from their big five - Smith, Cronk, Finch, Inglis and Slater.

TIP: Manly in a golden-point cliff-hanger.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Manly team arrrived at Melbourne Airport today sullen faced and with their heads bowed:p
0,5001,6922676,00.jpg

yeah he does look sullen :lol:

Noa

First Grade
On the Baistand a very credible poster is saying that Koopu will be out and Lima in.

Excellent news if true , makes me more confident.

GB!

Juniors
looks as though lyon will start 5/8, foran to the bench, l'estrange gooorne.
g stewart will apparently cover hooker if ballin needs a rest.
i reckon foran could handle hooker

supersoniceagle

Juniors
Any news on who will cover for Hall tonight?

Tragic news about Glenn, really puts things into perspective when you hear things like that

ostrich20

Juniors
Sad news about Glenn and his wife... wish them all the best.

Not long to go to game-time now, finals footy bring it on!!!!

Molon Lave

Juniors
tragic stuff about Glenn and thoughts and wishes with him and his family at this time

in regard to the game tonight tho, I think the Storm will run out winners tonight in a close one. Even tho Manly blitzed the Tits last week, i still can't say I have been sold that their premiership defence is back on track. Also, with Inglis back I think the Storm have the edge

gong_eagle

First Grade
Blow for Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles final

Travis Meyn | 11th September 2009

THE Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles have been dealt a massive blow ahead of their Queensland Cup Grand Final against Northern Pride on Saturday with a key player being called to play in the NRL.

Star forward Adam Cuthbertson has been called into the Manly team for tonight’s NRL clash against Melbourne Storm.

Cuthbertson will replace bench forward Glenn Hall whose wife tragically gave birth to a stillborn baby on Thursday night.

Sunshine Coast will name a replacement for Cuthbertson after their final training session this afternoon with local products Steve McPhee or Mark Page likely to fill the void.

Cuthbertson starred in the Sea Eagles’ come from behind win against Souths-Logan is last weekend’s Grand Final qualifier.

The match will kick-off at 2pm at Stockland Park.

http://www.thedaily.com.au/story/2009/09/11/blow-sunshine-coast-sea-eagles-final/

MSH

Juniors
Storm tonight for sure.
Where are the people? This is a great game we have, but we struggle to bring a crowd.

user_nat

Coach
Blow for Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles final

Travis Meyn | 11th September 2009

THE Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles have been dealt a massive blow ahead of their Queensland Cup Grand Final against Northern Pride on Saturday with a key player being called to play in the NRL.

Star forward Adam Cuthbertson has been called into the Manly team for tonight’s NRL clash against Melbourne Storm.

Cuthbertson will replace bench forward Glenn Hall whose wife tragically gave birth to a stillborn baby on Thursday night.

Sunshine Coast will name a replacement for Cuthbertson after their final training session this afternoon with local products Steve McPhee or Mark Page likely to fill the void.

Cuthbertson starred in the Sea Eagles’ come from behind win against Souths-Logan is last weekend’s Grand Final qualifier.

The match will kick-off at 2pm at Stockland Park.

http://www.thedaily.com.au/story/2009/09/11/blow-sunshine-coast-sea-eagles-final/
Hmm.. more reason for me to not like Manly :p