What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R12 Sun :: Knights 22 Bulldogs 14 @ EnergyAustralia

Round 12 :: Knights v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bicey_18

Bench
Lol I always get picked out for not being pessimistic :crazy:

Here are some quotes from some of my posts to prove that crap wrong

As you can see, I don't always have a 'bad feeling'. I wish that stereotype of me would go away :lol:

2 out of 10 Jono :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The only playmaker that you could rate that's left is really Isaac De Gois.

We'll still have Kimmorley and Ennis.

Enough said.

Jono078

Referee
As if im gonna go through 10 rounds worth of threads :lol:

Anyway, the stereotype is a load of sh*t and I hate it :p

Oztips shows that i'm pretty good at tipping Knights to win and lose.

When I tips Knights to win they've won 83% of the time. So that basically shows I've tipped them in 8/10 games, not 2/10 :lol:

Good enough? :p

Bicey_18

Bench
The only playmaker that you could rate that's left is really Isaac De Gois.

We'll still have Kimmorley and Ennis.

Enough said.

Enough said? I just hope the Bulldogs turn up with your attitude..if they do they will get done

Bicey_18

Bench
As if im gonna go through 10 rounds worth of threads :lol:

Anyway, the stereotype is a load of sh*t and I hate it :p

Oztips shows that i'm pretty good at tipping Knights to win and lose.

When I tips Knights to win they've won 83% of the time. So that basically shows I've tipped them in 8/10 games, not 2/10 :lol:

Good enough? :p

:lol: Take it easy , just mucking round

Timmah

Staff member
Enough said? I just hope the Bulldogs turn up with your attitude..if they do they will get done
I think the Bulldogs will turn up with the same passionate attitude they have every week this year. How my attitude relates to them is anybodies guess :?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Storm had won 4/5 at Gosford in the last two years...

:lol: @ Rogers being "capable"

Right Rogers off at your own peril Timmah, he has been in top form for us lately. Amazing the difference playing under a real coach has made to his game.

Knights by 10

Timmah

Staff member
Real coach? He single handedly destroyed Saints' title chances last year.

Bicey_18

Bench

Exactly JW's point.... Played under Brown last year, comes to Newcastle and plays under Smith

Has Rogers hindered Newcastle's start to the season ?

Timmah

Staff member
My point was that while Brown selected him, he was the one who came up with sh*t plays. With Soward there the Saints were killing it and they fell in a heaps when Brown kept him out.

Brown's selection problem, Rogers sh*t play.

Apey

Staff member

And Bulldogs won the wooden spoon last year.. time to come back to the present. He's playing pretty well this year.

I can't really pick a winner in this one.. I think if Gidley and Mullen are our only guys out, we can put up a good fight.

Knights by 2. Only because of the home-ground advantage.

Garts

Bench
Should be a great game. I am coming around to thinking the Dogs are actually title contenders, especially after what I saw in the weekends game. Although I am not yet confident enough to put cash on them.

Joker's Wild

Coach

Follow the bouncing ball Tim

Rogers playing under Brown = Put in sole playmaking position, cannot handle the pressure, produces poor game.

Rogers playing under Smith = Partnered with a dominant half, grows confidence now that the pressure is on someone else, produces career best form.

Simple fact is that Smith has recognised the type of player Rogers is and has used him accordingly to the benefit of the team. Brown had neither the nouce or the vision to do either.

Timmah

Staff member
Put in sole playmaking position? :? Ben Hornby isn't just a hood ornament you know...

Joker's Wild

Coach
Put in sole playmaking position? :? Ben Hornby isn't just a hood ornament you know...

Hornby is not a dominant playmaker. Its no coincidence that he too is playing much better footy with Soward as his halves partner and low and behold look who is coaching the Dragons now.

Stop being so dense Tim

perverse

Referee
lol.. god you're a muppet timmah. rogers has been in excellent form for the majority of the year (his first 2 games were a little wobbly). i'm more worried about dureau filling in for mullen tbh.

actually more than that, i'm worried about junior burger filling in for gidley. big class difference in that swap.

mxlegend99

Referee
Both players were below average in 2008. They were being bagged out by supporters of the teams they played for, and opposition supporters for how terrible they were playing.

Fast forward to 2009 and both players have improved. They're both playing under new coaches, with new teammates and playing a different role then they have in the past. Both players are much better then they were last year, and shouldn't be getting bagged out for their mistakes last season when they have since corrected them.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Really not sure we can win this one to be honest. I know we've been in every game we've played this year, and I also know (to an extent at least), that we're playing as a team. It just concerns me that we'll be missing Mullo, Gids and possibly Jimmy. Not sure where our points are going to come from ...

Apey

Staff member
If Mullen is indeed playing for us on Sunday, then I'm going to be a little more confident in my previous tip. I still think it will be quite close though.