What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Sat :: Knights 23 Raiders 4 @ EnergyAustralia

Round 18 :: Knights v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spike

First Grade
This game should be played in Gosford. There is no way I want those filth supporters getting to Newcastle. Have a look at this article and you'll understand why this is an issue. These same people are your average Raiders supporter

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/16/2517553.htm

Who knows what diseases these pigs will bring with them to the game to spread around to the rest of us.

mozza91

Coach
The Raiders will win because, quite frankly, they are a more talented team 1-17. It's immaterial that the teams haven't been named yet, there's nobody that the Knights have that the Raiders can't better.
A more talented team, you're hilarious

Timbo

Staff member
:lol: you're an evil man Timmah!

As for you Spike - get a f**king life. Your display in the matchday thread for the Raiders/Titans game was absolutely disgusting.

Apey

Staff member
I can't believe of all the home games I have to miss it will be this one. I won't even be able to read Skeepe's shinnanigans for a while, win or lose :(

Btw if Gidley is our only player out I think the game will be ours... if some others get picked it will be a pretty tough one with Raiders winning their last two.

Charlie124

First Grade
Calling me out in a thread title... f**king pathetic Timmah. Get a life you goose.

The Raiders will win because, quite frankly, they are a more talented team 1-17. It's immaterial that the teams haven't been named yet, there's nobody that the Knights have that the Raiders can't better.

There will be absolutely no bitching about refereeing decisions from me this week.

**One Minute later...**

Newcastle always get the decisions go in their favour. It's absolutely unfathomable how many mind-boggling decisions go their way. They've won games this season because of it.

Well you tried.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've had my fun now. Normal transmission resumes.

Raider Azz

Bench
this match will be interesting depending on SOO selections. if mullen gets named tonight and campese and TLL miss out then the raiders could well clinch this one. on the other side of the coin if mullen misses out and TLL, campo, Shillington, and maybe even monaghan and tongue gets picked then we are in trouble IMO.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
It's funny because the only players in your side that could be considered equal or better than their raider's counterparts are mullen, gidley and sau.
Uate has more talent by himself then all of your outside backs combined
Taia, DeGois, Simpson, MacDougall(if he plays), Dureau(if he plays), Paterson,Housten,Fa'aoso and Taufua are all more talented then their Raider counterparts

Taia, DeGois, Simpson, MacDougall(if he plays), Dureau(if he plays), Paterson,Housten,Fa'aoso and Taufua are all more talented then their Raider counterparts

:lol::lol::lol::lol: @ that whole statement, hasn't anyone ever told you drugs are bad?

skeepe

Immortal

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funniest post I've ever seen on these forums.

Taia more talented than Harrison? Simpson more talented than Learoyd-Lahrs? MacDougall more talented than Monaghan? Dureau more talented than Herbert? Housten, Fa'aoso and Taufua more talented than Shillington, Tilse and Miller?

WRONG!

Let's go through the teams named for round 17 shall we?

1. Josh Dugan vs Kurt Gidley - Dugan more talented
2. Justin Carney vs Keith Lulia - Carney easily
3. Jarrad Croker vs Junior Sau - Croker, again easily
4. Joel Monaghan vs Adam MacDougall - Monaghan no contest
5. Phil Grahan vs Akuila Uate - Uate probably more talented, Graham more consistent so Graham wins
6. Terry Campese vs Ben Rogers - Campese easily
7. Marc Herbert vs Jarred Mullen - Mullen just
8. David Shillington vs Mark Taufua - Shillington any day of the week
9. Glenn Buttriss vs Isaac De Gois - De Gois probably just shades Butts
10. Troy Thompson vs Chris Houston - Thompson is far, far better
11. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs vs Steve Simpson - so one-sided it's unfair. TLL.
12. Bronson Harrison vs Zab Taia - another slaughter. Harrison.
13. Alan Tongue vs Matt Hilder - getting embarrassing for the Knights now. Tongue is 10 times the player Hilder is.

14. Trevor Thurling vs Wes Naiqama - Trev kills Wes.
15. Nigel Plum vs Marvin Karawana - Plum.
16. Josh Miller vs Richie Fa'aoso - Cannonball Miller is light years ahead of this pretender.
17. Dane Tilse vs Danny Wicks - The Tilsinator wins this one ridiculously easily.

So there's really only one or two positions where you could say the Knights player might just be a little better than his Raiders counterpart. For the rest of the field, it's the Raiders easily.

Raiders by 40.

Joker's Wild

Coach

1. Josh Dugan vs Kurt Gidley - Dugan more talented Ha ha ha ha no mate, oh my :lol:
3. Jarrad Croker vs Junior Sau - Croker, again easily No
4. Joel Monaghan vs Adam MacDougall - Monaghan no contest No
5. Phil Grahan vs Akuila Uate - Uate probably more talented, Graham more consistent so Graham wins Good lord no
6. Terry Campese vs Ben Rogers - Campese easily Yes, but it aint hard to be better than ole Ducky is it
7. Marc Herbert vs Jarred Mullen - Mullen just Not just mate, by miles and miles
8. David Shillington vs Mark Taufua - Shillington any day of the weekNo
9. Glenn Buttriss vs Isaac De Gois - De Gois probably just shades Butts Another by miles and miles
10. Troy Thompson vs Chris Houston - Thompson is far, far better Is Tompson touted as a SOO smokey? No, no he isnt
12. Bronson Harrison vs Zab Taia - another slaughter. Harrison.Big fat no champ
13. Alan Tongue vs Matt Hilder - getting embarrassing for the Knights now. Tongue is 10 times the player Hilder is.Oh now your just embarrassing yourself

16. Josh Miller vs Richie Fa'aoso - Cannonball Miller is light years ahead of this pretender.Fa'as is being talked up to play for Qld. Worst call of the bunch from you champ
17. Dane Tilse vs Danny Wicks - The Tilsinator wins this one ridiculously easily.No

Skeepe, dead set you are hands down the most biased fan on these forums bar none. Keep the comedy coming mate :lol:

Frederick

Staff member

Funniest post I've ever seen on these forums.

Taia more talented than Harrison? Simpson more talented than Learoyd-Lahrs? MacDougall more talented than Monaghan? Dureau more talented than Herbert? Housten, Fa'aoso and Taufua more talented than Shillington, Tilse and Miller?

WRONG!

Let's go through the teams named for round 17 shall we?

1. Josh Dugan vs Kurt Gidley - Dugan more talented
3. Jarrad Croker vs Junior Sau - Croker, again easily
4. Joel Monaghan vs Adam MacDougall - Monaghan no contest
5. Phil Grahan vs Akuila Uate - Uate probably more talented, Graham more consistent so Graham wins
6. Terry Campese vs Ben Rogers - Campese easily
7. Marc Herbert vs Jarred Mullen - Mullen just
8. David Shillington vs Mark Taufua - Shillington any day of the week
9. Glenn Buttriss vs Isaac De Gois - De Gois probably just shades Butts
10. Troy Thompson vs Chris Houston - Thompson is far, far better
12. Bronson Harrison vs Zab Taia - another slaughter. Harrison.
13. Alan Tongue vs Matt Hilder - getting embarrassing for the Knights now. Tongue is 10 times the player Hilder is.

16. Josh Miller vs Richie Fa'aoso - Cannonball Miller is light years ahead of this pretender.
17. Dane Tilse vs Danny Wicks - The Tilsinator wins this one ridiculously easily.

So there's really only one or two positions where you could say the Knights player might just be a little better than his Raiders counterpart. For the rest of the field, it's the Raiders easily.

Raiders by 40.
skeepe said:
f**k me some people are biased.
They sure are skeepe.

skeepe, I don't know whether to laugh because you're serious or because everyone here will take the bait.

I think you're underrating the Knights players just a tad...

For example - Houston sh*ts on Thommo, I would definitely take Uate over Graham and DeGois is by far superior to Buttriss ... but The Joker above is also seriously overrating some of their players too ... Shillington is much better than Taufau and Harrison is better than Taia despite the good season that Taia has had.

Timmah

Staff member
Now, an unbiased perspective:

1. Josh Dugan vs Kurt Gidley - Gidley by kilometres
2. Justin Carney vs Keith Lulia - Carney's broken his leg, you f**king idiot.
3. Jarrad Croker vs Junior Sau - Sau, no contest. Croker is a good young product though.
4. Joel Monaghan vs Adam MacDougall - MacDougall.
5. Phil Grahan vs Akuila Uate - Split hair between them, I'd go Graham as he has better involvement.
6. Terry Campese vs Ben Rogers - Campese by kilometres.
7. Marc Herbert vs Jarred Mullen - Mullen, although he's better at 5/8th.
8. David Shillington vs Mark Taufua - Shillington
9. Glenn Buttriss vs Isaac De Gois - De Gois easily
10. Troy Thompson vs Chris Houston - Houston. When has Thompson ever featured in Origin selection talk?
11. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs vs Steve Simpson - Simpson's past his best, TLL here.
12. Bronson Harrison vs Zeb Taia - Nothing in it. Draw
13. Alan Tongue vs Matt Hilder - Tongue, but not by as much as you would like to think.

14. Trevor Thurling vs Wes Naiqama - Stupid comparison, Thurling's a forward, Naiqama's a back. No result.
15. Nigel Plum vs Marvin Karawana - Plum
16. Josh Miller vs Richie Fa'aoso - Fa'aoso might get his name read out tomorrow afternoon and represent your state, suck it up. Scoring three tries in 82 games doesn't make Miller a "cannonball", sorry.
17. Dane Tilse vs Danny Wicks - Tilsinator? Get a life buddy. Again, draw - both great bench props.

2. Justin Carney vs Keith Lulia - Carney's broken his leg, you f**king idiot.

What the hell does that have anything to do with saying who the better player is?! :?

Also surely you would have to take Monaghan over McDougall at this stage of his career, even though Doogs has been in good form.

Timmah

Staff member
My point is where he compared a player who is vs a player who clearly ISNT playing.