What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Sat :: Knights 23 Raiders 4 @ EnergyAustralia

Round 18 :: Knights v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I believe Skeepe said that Dugan was more talented than Gidley. That is true. Gidley at present is a better player, but Dugan is obviously more talented. Gidley is just some west newcastle scum who thinks he is a prop at fullback but works hard.

mozza91

Coach
I believe Skeepe said that Dugan was more talented than Gidley. That is true. Gidley at present is a better player, but Dugan is obviously more talented. Gidley is just some west newcastle scum who thinks he is a prop at fullback but works hard.
Playing well in Under 20's means very little considering he's done nothing in First Grade more talented no chance

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Besides carve up the Storm and the Titans (making 200 metres in both games) and winning us a game with his defence against the Sharks.

Im old enough to remember Gidley's debut year. At the same age Dugan has shown more talent. He is more talented now tbh :)

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Playing well in Under 20's means very little considering he's done nothing in First Grade more talented no chance
He didn't just play well in U20's he completely dominated it. He was also smashing it in Q Cup in his brief stint up there.
6 games into 1st grade he is already one of the best defensive fullbacks in the comp and is starting to show his attacking and playmaking potential. Oh and he is only 19.
He will be the best fullback in the comp within 3yrs. Not a ounce of doubt in saying that.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
To be honest I kind of wish that TLL doesn't get selected for NSW. The Raiders winning is far more important at this stage. He would run over the top of Mullen as he scored a dramatic length of the field try. Then he would leap into the crowd and just start headbutting Newcastle supporters.

I never said skeepe was a mate, nor did I say I agreed with "everything" skeepe says, but im not about to attack a fellow raider's supporter when I agree with some of what he says.

Dugan has the talent, imo, to be the best fullback we've had since Belcher/Mullins, but not there yet, once he's there, he'll be better than gidley.

Croker and Sau as far as im concerned are fairly evenly matched

If MacDougall were in his prime, he and monaghan would probably be fairly even aswell, but he isn't even close to one of the form centres in the game let alone better than monaghan.

Graham and Uate - Uate is still very raw from what ive seen (and admittedly I haven't seen all his games), but he is an incredible talent, while graham, coming back from injuries, is just starting to find his feet again.

Mullen will be heavily rep involved in his career, and herbert, I think in time will be like a cooper cronk for us, strong, dependable. Herbert isnt there yet, he's getting better, so for mine, Mullen wins it hands down.

This is where it gets funny.

Learoyd Lahrs and Simpson........no offence but you'd have to be on the drugs to consider simpson a better player at his age.

Faa'oso and Miller, how many clubs has faa'oso been to now because he didnt put in?? And all of a sudden, because he puts in some good games in his (insert number of years in first grade here) he is better than a guy who leaves absolutely everything on the field? Your jerking your gerkin here sonny.

Harrison and Taia is negligible.

As for Tongue and Hilder.....there is no comparison, Tongue hands down.

P.S Mozza, before you harp on at me about insults, take a look at what you said to skeepe in one of your posts.

Rovelli

Bench
Gidley is a jack of all trades, and a master of none...however he is an Australian representative and State captain. Dugan dazzled in the U20s but is relatively unproven at the NRL yet. In time, Dugan could proove skeepe true, but making such comment now is more speculation than fact.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Its a shame that TLL has been selected for NSW. He would have been well handy against the Knights.

Gidley is a jack of all trades, and a master of none...however he is an Australian representative and State captain. Dugan dazzled in the U20s but is relatively unproven at the NRL yet. In time, Dugan could proove skeepe true, but making such comment now is more speculation than fact.

The funny thing is, when Brett Stewart is back and fully fit, there is no chance in hell of Gidley holding down the No.1 spot.

I'll Give it a go:

1. Josh Dugan vs Kurt Gidley - Kurt Gidley Easily (ATM)
2. Justin Carney vs Keith Lulia - Justin Carney
3. Jarrad Croker vs Junior Sau - Junior Sau
4. Joel Monaghan vs Adam MacDougall - Joel Monaghan
5. Phil Grahan vs Akuila Uate - Akuila Uate
6. Terry Campese vs Ben Rogers - Terry Campese
7. Marc Herbert vs Jarred Mullen - Jarred Mullen
8. David Shillington vs Mark Taufua - David Shillington
9. Glenn Buttriss vs Isaac De Gois - Isaac De Gois
10. Troy Thompson vs Chris Houston - Chris Houston
11. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs vs Steve Simpson - Tom Learoyd-Lahrs Easily.
12. Bronson Harrison vs Zab Taia - Bronson Harrison- NZ Rep says it all.
13. Alan Tongue vs Matt Hilder - Alan Tongue. Should be in the NSW line up

14. Trevor Thurling vs Wes Naiqama - Cannot compare. But Thurling is bloody good.
15. Nigel Plum vs Marvin Karawana - Nigel Plum
16. Josh Miller vs Richie Fa'aoso - Richie Fa'aoso
17. Dane Tilse vs Danny Wicks - Dane Tilse. This guy is future NSW rep. And VERY young.

voltron

Juniors
well gidley is in the NSW side
and TLL is as well
so we'll probably have Mcdonnell in the side
and i think paterson should be there somewhere
i think we get tolar back this game at least,

mongoose

Coach
Plum or Thurling will come into the starting side, possibly both if Furner starts Tongue at hooker.

Liam

Juniors
Its a shame that TLL has been selected for NSW. He would have been well handy against the Knights.

To be honest I kind of wish that TLL doesn't get selected for NSW. The Raiders winning is far more important at this stage. He would run over the top of Mullen as he scored a dramatic length of the field try. Then he would leap into the crowd and just start headbutting Newcastle supporters.

Repeating yourself a little there.

Macko8

Juniors
raiders by 10
if there is one team i cannot stand in the NRL,its those two headed grubs from newcastle...grubs i tell you.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Good to see all the Canberra supporters backing their team and actually voting in poll above. Way to put your money where your mouth is fellas

Joker's Wild

Coach
hahaha, so cos they didn't vote in a stupid online poll they have no faith in the team?

Not hard to point a click isnt it mate.

Or is it just too embarrassing to click on the Raiders button cause it is public.

Draw your own conclusions people

Latest posts