What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Sat :: Knights 23 Raiders 4 @ EnergyAustralia

Round 18 :: Knights v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Skeepe, you're always good for a laugh. Honestly, if you think the Raiders are going to beat us by 40, well, I've lost words to describe you. Put it this way, we're more chance of beating you by 40 than the other way around. The game's not in Canberra you know.

You say that like Harrison's ever had a good season before?

No I'm saying that because Harrison has had an outstanding season and numerous other non-biased people have said that same thing. Look at his performance for the Kiwis against the Aussies this year.

Jono078

Referee
Danger game for us.

Raiders are finding their attacking spark again at this time of the year..

And we're coming off a tough game against the Storm. I'm pretty sure the last few times we played the Storm we looked very flat the game after.

Will be big test of where we're at now, either we aim up or we play flat again.

Rovelli

Bench
Knights have a HORRIBLE record in Canberra; outside of one ridiculous 70-32 win a few years ago, they have been horrible. However Canberra hardly fear much better at Newcastle, only ever winning four times - three of those in the early 90s when Canberra were at the peak of their powers, and once early in 2005 (when the Knights the season started 0-13). Even the 2005 game was a close-run thing if memory serves.

Canberra's away form hasn't been great this season and the Knights will be hungry after an unlucky loss to the Storm on the weekend. Depending on SOO defections, Knights in a tough one.

Danger game for us.

Raiders are finding their attacking spark again at this time of the year..

And we're coming off a tough game against the Storm. I'm pretty sure the last few times we played the Storm we looked very flat the game after.

Will be big test of where we're at now, either we aim up or we play flat again.

My confidence for the tits game never wavered, always thought we'd win it, this game however is making me nervous, definately not looking forward to it as ive got no f**king nails left after the last two weeks.

Paullyboy

Coach
Even I laughed at Skeepe's assessment of the matchups. But I had to point out one thing that was brought up by two people: Houston and Fa'aoso are being touted as origin smokeys and therefore must be better.

Are you fair dinkum? Do you realise how many pathetic, pathetic players get touted as possible smokeys? David Howell was talked up as a potential NSW back. If that doesnt de-bunk that argument for the rest of eternity than I'm not here.

But if that's the way you want to play: apparently Shillington will be playing for QLD, TLL and Monaghan for NSW - so I'd say we have a few more smokies - not that it means a thing.

Johns Magic

Referee
No I'm saying that because Harrison has had an outstanding season and numerous other non-biased people have said that same thing. Look at his performance for the Kiwis against the Aussies this year.

Which is also what many people have been saying about Taia...

mozza91

Coach
Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Josh Dugan vs Kurt Gidley - Dugan more talented
3. Jarrad Croker vs Junior Sau - Croker, again easily
4. Joel Monaghan vs Adam MacDougall - Monaghan no contest
5. Phil Grahan vs Akuila Uate - Uate probably more talented, Graham more consistent so Graham wins
7. Marc Herbert vs Jarred Mullen - Mullen just
9. Glenn Buttriss vs Isaac De Gois - De Gois probably just shades Butts
10. Troy Thompson vs Chris Houston - Thompson is far, far better
11. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs vs Steve Simpson - so one-sided it's unfair. TLL.
12. Bronson Harrison vs Zab Taia - another slaughter. Harrison.
16. Josh Miller vs Richie Fa'aoso - Cannonball Miller is light years ahead of this pretender.
Raiders by 40.
You're a f**king joke Skeepe
Dugan better then Gidley that's bad even for you
Sau has been 100 times better than Croker at FG level
Monoghan can jump that's about it ,MacDougall is one of the form centres in the comp when he's played this year
Uate is faster and stronger and will run rings around Graham
Mullen just ? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while, Mullen will destry this hack on Saturday
DeGois easily better then Buttriss
How the f**k is Thompson far better, Howzo is a far more dangerous player
TLL is a good player but playing good for the Raiders is in freezing conditions hardly matches up with an NSW and Australian rep
Taia has been the best back rower in the comp this year Harrison's a workhorse with little attacking ability
Who the f**k is Josh Miller ?
Newcastle will crush this pathetic bunch on Saturday

Monoghan can jump that's about it ,MacDougall is one of the form centres in the comp when he's played this year
TLL is a good player but playing good for the Raiders is in freezing conditions hardly matches up with an NSW and Australian rep
Taia has been the best back rower in the comp this year Harrison's a workhorse with little attacking ability

:lol:

Both teams fans are on fire...

Raider_69

Post Whore
cracking thread

I usually get involved in this banter but not today

FTR, i think accross the ground the raiders have the better side. Both playing at their best, the Raiders would win. But we're not near our best and the knights are. Away from Home too... Knights should win this one ;)

always a raider

Juniors
Things that are bad about Newcastle

This fat bloke who walks around Mayfield and his shirt doesn't quite cover his gut. There is another very similar man who walks around hunter street. Fat blokes with ill fitting shirts are a Newcastle Icon.

Two JB HIFIS within walking distance... are you serious.

That homeless guy who hangs around beaumont street. He has a very annoying voice.

For all these reasons I am picking the Raiders by 50-100 points.

Haha. I know the one, maybe thats Spike? One of the very "interesting" looking Mayfield locals. I work there, live far away from there though!

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach

Harrison little attacking ability? he is one of the best attacking backrowers in the game.

I'm sure creagh would have something to say about Taia being the best in the comp.

Sleep

Juniors
I can't believe it's Monday, no team has been named and there's already four pages to this badboy! Hilarious.

Gidley will be missing from the Knights and TLL from Canberra. I don't think Monaghan will get a spot.

Gaba

First Grade
Where is bicey18, i been waiting for this round to see him take on skeepe

dont disappoint me bicey

You're a f**king joke Skeepe
Dugan better then Gidley that's bad even for you
Sau has been 100 times better than Croker at FG level
Uate is faster and stronger and will run rings around Graham
Mullen just ? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while, Mullen will destry this hack on Saturday
DeGois easily better then Buttriss
How the f**k is Thompson far better, Howzo is a far more dangerous player

I was beginning to wonder, and you just confirmed my suspicions that cheech and chong had offspring together and it lives in newcastle....Mcdruggo the form centre of the comp....lmfao, I dont think Michael Jennings would share the same view.

A danger game for us. I have tipped us in games we were supposed to win before and lost. I can see us losing again here. The only good thing at this stage for the Knights is that I don't think they have played to their potential yet. If they play their best this weekend, I can see a comfortable win on the cards regardless of how the Raiders play.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
I was beginning to wonder, and you just confirmed my suspicions that cheech and chong had offspring together and it lives in newcastle....Mcdruggo the form centre of the comp....lmfao, I dont think Michael Jennings would share the same view.
One of the form centres I said
You insult me for saying that yet your mate Skeepe said some kid who's played like 5 games who's best feat so far has been breaking his teammates leg is better then the NSW captain ?