What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Sat :: Knights 23 Raiders 4 @ EnergyAustralia

Round 18 :: Knights v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Signature bet sounds fair enough... you'll wear a Raiders banner when you lose on Saturday until our next meeting.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Does anyone know if Thurling is injured or he has been dropped. I thought he went alright last week playing massively out of position.

Anyways that is probably the best side we could name. The biggest worry for mine is Newcastle beating us in the forwards. We are in trouble if that happens. Should hopefully be a good game.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Actually, I think you'll be wearing a Newcastle one with plenty of pride. And you'd better f**king do it.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
And skeepe, seeing as this was my idea, I'll make two special banners to mark the occasion ;-)

skeepe

Immortal
Be my guest. Can't wait to see what you come up with for you and your fellow Knights brethren to wear for 7 long weeks.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Im in JD, ill even let you make a special I love Newcastle banner for me, if you lose, you wear the Les McIntyre banner
Well, I could do that, but I figured I'd just make two generic ones ;-)

Like these (yes, they're very generic, but I cbf thinking up things :lol: )

new-sigbet.jpg

can-sigbet.jpg

skeepe

Immortal
The Raiders one looks good. Thanks for the effort with the Newcastle one but it won't be required.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Why do I get the distinct impression that when the Knights win, good old skeepey boy here won't honour the deal?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Poetic justice, spike, would be if 20 minutes into the match Jared Mullen got collected by a team mate accidently and snapped his leg, ruling him out for the season.

FTR i think this will be a very tough game to win, we're going to miss TLL and Shillo's go forward massively. They provide so much for our pack, the rest will have to lift.
We'll be solid around the ruck and on the fringes defensively. Alot of big boys in that side. I am looking forward to seeing Joe Picker back in the side, and Joely Thompson attacking the edges will worry the Knights IMO

I wouldnt expect too much from Vidot on debut, he's very raw, is prone to making mistakes in defense but he's a very big body and the knights will have their hands full stopping him close to the line. Gives us more height to bomb to aswell.

Knights would have to go in as favourites and they'd be disappointed not to win this one. I dont think we'll win but i havent thought that for the past 2 weeks either, and im running bottem half of the tipping comp, so what do i know?!

I agree with skeepe also, whilst at this stage he's no where near his level as a player right here and now, i believe Dugan has more natural talent then Gidley, weather that transpires into ability later in his career, remains to be seen. Owen Craigie was probably one of the most talented players of all time. Doesnt mean squat unless you learn how to use it. Like Uate, he's one of the more talented wingers in the game but at the moment he's nothing but a kid with potential.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Poetic justice, spike, would be if 20 minutes into the match Jared Mullen got collected by a team mate accidently and snapped his leg, ruling him out for the season.

FTR i think this will be a very tough game to win, we're going to miss TLL and Shillo's go forward massively. They provide so much for our pack, the rest will have to lift.
We'll be solid around the ruck and on the fringes defensively. Alot of big boys in that side. I am looking forward to seeing Joe Picker back in the side, and Joely Thompson attacking the edges will worry the Knights IMO

I wouldnt expect too much from Vidot on debut, he's very raw, is prone to making mistakes in defense but he's a very big body and the knights will have their hands full stopping him close to the line. Gives us more height to bomb to aswell.

Knights would have to go in as favourites and they'd be disappointed not to win this one. I dont think we'll win but i havent thought that for the past 2 weeks either, and im running bottem half of the tipping comp, so what do i know?!

I agree with skeepe also, whilst at this stage he's no where near his level as a player right here and now, i believe Dugan has more natural talent then Gidley, weather that transpires into ability later in his career, remains to be seen. Owen Craigie was probably one of the most talented players of all time. Doesnt mean squat unless you learn how to use it. Like Uate, he's one of the more talented wingers in the game but at the moment he's nothing but a kid with potential.
Don't say that just because 1 Knights fan said something so ridiculous :x

I don't think you lose a great deal with TLL and Shillington out. It will just be like last year with Tilse, Logan, Miller and Thompson up front most of the time, and that wasn't so bad at all.

Either way I think we'll get a cracking game on our hands, it's the time of the year where teams are throwing absolutely everything at the opponent in attack to get points. So should be some really good plays in this one. Knights like to spread the ball.

Can't believe one of your mob said we are one of the most boring teams to watch.

skeepe

Immortal
Why do I get the distinct impression that when the Knights win, good old skeepey boy here won't honour the deal?

I'll front up if I have to, don't worry. I'm only saying the Knights banner won't be required because the Raiders WILL win ;-)

If, by some odd chance, the Knights do manage to get up, I'll display it prominently.

In all seriousness and personal feelings aside, this has the potential to be a bottler of a game. Both teams look great on paper, SOO reps aside, and both clubs are built on solid toilers with a bit of spark in the backs. I think our outside backs have more speed than yours, which could prove important. If both teams turn up to play some footy it will be a cracker of a match. This should be a Channel 9 game easily.