What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Sat :: Knights 23 Raiders 4 @ EnergyAustralia

Round 18 :: Knights v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Not hard to point a click isnt it mate.

Or is it just too embarrassing to click on the Raiders button cause it is public.

Draw your own conclusions people

There's only one conclusion that can be drawn... you're an idiot.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
There's only one conclusion that can be drawn... you're an idiot.
Coming from you? :lol:

The only way Canberra will beat us is if we don't turn up. We turn up, we win. Quite simple really.

mongoose

Coach
how did these 2 fan bases end up hating each other so much?

i still hate the roosters and broncos more than the knights, but knights are up there.

Macko8

Juniors

i still hate the roosters and broncos more than the knights, but knights are up there.

Mate the knights are number 1 on my list.
bunch of grubs..the players,coaches and fans...f**k i love to hate them

Johns Magic

Referee

Wouldn't say I hate the Raiders, but it's just funny stirring up their misguided fans on here who actually think they're a decent footy team that others care about.

mozza91

Coach
It's going nowhere us comparing players because we pay far more attention to our own teams eg Victor talking about Miller is pretty similar to the way I'd describe Faas the only thing I think we could all agree on is that Skeepe is a flea
and we'll see who has more talent on Saturday night

Last edited:

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Wouldn't say I hate the Raiders, but it's just funny stirring up their misguided fans on here who actually think they're a decent footy team that others care about.
Misguided? It's your mob who think the league world revolves around Newcastle.

Spike

First Grade
In all honesty, it would be poetic justice if the Knights win on the back of a bad call from the match officials right on full-time considering how much the Raiders fans rely on them to cover for their inept team.

In all honesty, it would be poetic justice if the Knights win on the back of a bad call from the match officials right on full-time considering how much the Raiders fans rely on them to cover for their inept team.

:lol::lol::lol:

God this is gonna be a funny week in this thread

Vidot to make NRL debut

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Toyota Cup star centre Daniel Vidot will make his NRL debut this weekend against Newcastle, when the Raiders take on the Knights at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Saturday night.

Vidot comes into the side on the wing for Justin Carney, who was ruled out for the remainder of the season after breaking his leg against the Gold Coast Titans on Sunday.

Carney has undergone a successful surgery on his right leg to repair the breaks to his fibula and tibia and will return to rehabilitation training in a few weeks time once he can apply pressure back on his right foot.

The Raiders have been forced to make two other changes to their side for this weekends match with David Shillington (Qld) and Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (NSW) both being selected for State of Origin III.

This means Raiders forwards Scott Logan and Joe Picker will come back into the NRL side for the game against the Knights, after both showing strong form for Souths Logan in the Queensland Cup.

Joel Thompson also comes into the Raiders side for the first time in 2009 after being named on the bench for Trevor Thurling, while Glen Turner has been named as 18th man.

Raiders Coach David Furner said the inclusion of Daniel Vidot would give them a strong option out wide and said he believed he was ready for the step up to NRL level.

“Dan gets his chance this weekend with the injury to Justin Carney and he’s been one of the standout performers at Toyota Cup level this season,” Furner said. “He also gives us some good size and strength against a very physical Newcastle side.”

Furner congratulated both Learoyd-Lahrs and Shillington on their selection for Origin III and said they would come back better from the experience.

“It’s good to see those guys get some recognition for their good form over the last few weeks and I know they will do the job for their states,” he said. “They will learn a lot in camp and be able to bring that back to their team mates when they return.”

NRL
CANBERRA RAIDERS V NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
ENERGYAUSTRALIA STADIUM, SATURDAY JULY 11, 7.30PM
1. JOSH DUGAN
2. DANIEL VIDOT
3. JARROD CROKER
4. JOEL MONAGHAN
5. PHIL GRAHAM
6. TERRY CAMPESE
7. MARC HERBERT
8. DANE TILSE
9. GLEN BUTTRISS
10. TROY THOMPSON
11. JOE PICKER
12. BRONSON HARRISON
13. ALAN TONGUE (C)

14. JOEL THOMPSON
15. NIGEL PLUM
16. JOSH MILLER
17. SCOTT LOGAN
18. GLEN TURNER
COACH: DAVID FURNER

TOYOTA CUP
CANBERRA RAIDERS V NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
ENERGYAUSTRALIA STADIUM, SUNDAY JULY 11, 5.15PM
1. JAMES SMART
2. MATT WARD
3. DRURY LOW
4. MICK CULLEN
5. STEVE NAUGHTON
6. MICK PICKER (C)
7. SAM WILLIAMS
8. MARK APPLETON
9. TRAVIS WADDELL
10. TODD RHEINBERGER
11. SAM MATAORA
12. MARK NICHOLLS
13. JARRAD KENNEDY

14. MATT McILWRICK
15. MITCH KENNEDY
16. DYLAN PAYNE
17. ZAC MERRITT
18. SAMI SAUILUMA

COACH: ANDREW McFADDEN

http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx? ... y&id=18083

skeepe

Immortal
f**k I can't wait for this game... Vidot is gonna make mincemeat of the sorry excuses for outside backs that the Knights have. The forwards are going to steamroll the powderpuff Knights pack with consumate ease.

Get ready guys, the streets of Newcastle are going to run red with Knights blood.

Bicey_18

Bench
If Newcastle turn up with the same attitude as they did against the Bulldogs a few weeks back without Gidley, I think they will be too good..

If they play like they did against Parra... Canberra will take us to school.

I think the Knights can sneak home in a close one.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
f**k I can't wait for this game... Vidot is gonna make mincemeat of the sorry excuses for outside backs that the Knights have. The forwards are going to steamroll the powderpuff Knights pack with consumate ease.

Get ready guys, the streets of Newcastle are going to run red with Knights blood.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know what skeepe, seeing as you're so convinced you won't lose, how about we see if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is so to speak. Avatar/signature bet until round 25? although, f**k thats a long time if we lose ...

skeepe

Immortal
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know what skeepe, seeing as you're so convinced you won't lose, how about we see if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is so to speak. Avatar/signature bet until round 25? although, f**k thats a long time if we lose ...

Sure why not... I've never been one to back down from a challenge... and yes it is a f**king long time ;-)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
So, are we making it signatures, or avatars and we are making it until round 25 yes?