What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | SF1 - W4 v L2 | Fri | Raiders 24-26 Tigers | Canberra (CAN elim)

Semi Final Result: Raiders v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mepelthwack

Juniors
Gutted for the boys. They were the best team on the night but couldn't close it out. Made more metres, more line breaks, missed less tackles... all for it to come down to an absolutely disgustingly ridiculous penalty awarded by Jared "Tiger" Maxwell.

The Tigers got away with murder in the ruck, were offside at every single tackle - sometimes by as much as 5 metres - and were allowed to get away with it, got given some absolutely disgraceful penalties, and still had to rely on a dodgy penalty to get home. This after the Raiders lost their main man Campese.

Campese stays on the field, we win that game no question. With neutral referees - not ones in Tigers jerseys - we win.

Ah well. We'll come back better for it next year. I couldn't be prouder.

Now your just taking the piss. Too funny.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You are a f**king despicable piece if sh*t. The lowest of the low, you f**king waste of skin.

A guy blows his knee out, is in absolute agony after giving his all for the team, so much pain he needs a stretcher, and you sit on your couch and laugh at a serious injury?

You're scum. Absolute scum. I will have nothing to do with you from this point on. You're subhuman.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Campese was carrying on like a douche all game, and you expect me to feel sorry for him? It's not like the injury will keep him out of the game, he'll be fresh for R1 next year.

And hopefully less of a whinger.

Pete Cash said:
Still a pretty low call trolling or no trolling.

Campese will be lucky to be fit for round 1 next year. These guys play their guts out every week and its a bit rich for some fat wanker to lol it up after one suffers a major injury. There are plenty of players that I hate and I wanted the Raiders to target Marshall but I would never wish a serious injury upon a player.

Timmah is supposed to be a mod.

1. You wouldn't give a flying fig if you weren't a Canberra fan. Low call? He's a professional athlete, he'll get every chance to fully rehabilitate, what about amateur athletes who can't afford those costs and sacrifice a career? I doubt he'd even read this forum or care, and even if he did he'd probably see my comment and laugh it off. Plus it got a skeepe bite, and an epic one at that. Now we just wait for the comment where skeepe says "you're even lower, pretending to be fishing about a players major injury blah blah whinge whinge *burst blood vessel*"

2. I never wished injury on Terry, but to me it came across as karma after it had happened - he spent the best part of the first forty minutes in Archer's ear crying about everything that wasn't going his way, like a petulant child.

3. God I get sick of this. WTF does being a mod have to do with anything? Like every mod, we're members first and moderators second. Our opinions, provided they are posted within site guidelines, are no different to anyone elses, and we're entitled to them. There is zero relevance to being a moderator in any discussion unless it actually involves physically moderating a thread.

Big Mick

Referee
Difference was Heighington took a dive. No injured player would go off a ground like he did, it was hilarious

Tell you what...you run at me...I'll hit you in the jaw with a swinging arm. Lets see who dives then yeah?

If you are geniused enough to think it was a dive...fine...so was Joe Pickers then. Justify that...when he was hit with less force.

And to the dumb prick who threw a full can at the Tigers players while they were celebrating with their supporters. Shame.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: Since I started replying I now see skeepe launching an all-out attack on Heighington claiming he faked injury? He was among their best and it would certainly not have been in the Tigers' or his own best interests to go off at the time, regardless of how helpful the penalty was.

I still can't tell if you're a troll skeepe, but credit where it's due, if you are, you're a damn good one.

MacDougall

First Grade
You should have just not bothered replying dude. You don't need to answer to over-emotional fans looking for someone to blame.

If Heighington took a dive then I'm made of clay. They took him into the sheds ffs. He was off the field for 15 minutes. He is an 80 minute player and he was off the field when it turned towards the Raiders. It makes no sense for them to take him off other than to give him some smelling salts.

BTW Canberra are brilliant money for next year's premiership. They deserve to be one of the favourites with the squad that they've assembled.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Sorry Timmah, but I thought your comment was a low blow. You don't laugh at serious injury. I know people do it, but it's bloody poor form in my book.

Just on Campese, amazing how good a player he has suddenly become in the eyes of most. I can still recall the comments, no more than a month ago, from both Canberra and opposition fans that he "hadn't done anything since the end of 2008" and Canberra were idiots for signing him to a 5 year contract for big money.

MacDougall

First Grade
BTW Canberra are brilliant money for next year's premiership. They deserve to be one of the favourites with the squad that they've assembled.

Agreed.

In all honesty, Canberra were given the short straw tonight. The media played them up as invincible favourites. It would have been so hard for them not to believe their own hype. The Tigers claimed to be injured all week then ran out an almost full strength lineup that looked fit and lasted the whole game with ease.

If Canberra had have known they were facing the team that ran 3rd and beat them twice this season and the line was at 1.85 each they would have probably won.

Timmah

Staff member
Campese reminds me of Brent Sherwin, dead ordinary for a lot of the year but managed to turn it on for big games. Unusual player.

typicalfan

Coach
Tigers played brilliantly, even better than last week imo. Consider that Beau Ryan bombed how many tries? They would have beaten just about any side they played this week.

I thought the Raiders fought back though and did well. A few fans acting like sore losers but it is a hard loss for any supporter base.

If anyone laid on the ground it was Gibbs at the start not Heighington, one of the toughest players in the side.

Tigers now have some momentum and if Sheens plays the wily fox games that he does so brilliantly he will have his team as the ultimate underdogs next week just like they were in 2005.

Big Pete

Referee
I still think Campese is incredibly overated.

A good player but he pales in comparison to other five eigths.

MacDougall

First Grade
He just needs to run more. He goes quiet in games because his biggest asset is his ability to break the line and he hardly ever runs it. If they get a good halfback or if McCrone's kicking and passing game surpasses Campese's then we will see Campese because Canberra's new Daley finally.

typicalfan

Coach
Campese reminds me of Brent Sherwin, dead ordinary for a lot of the year but managed to turn it on for big games. Unusual player.
Like Benji Marshall? The best players rise to the occasion and Campese is one of them.

Benji awfully inconsistent during the year but when the big game rolls on a la 2005, WC Final and this year he lifts his game.

skeepe

Immortal
Sorry Timmah, but I thought your comment was a low blow. You don't laugh at serious injury. I know people do it, but it's bloody poor form in my book.

Just on Campese, amazing how good a player he has suddenly become in the eyes of most. I can still recall the comments, no more than a month ago, from both Canberra and opposition fans that he "hadn't done anything since the end of 2008" and Canberra were idiots for signing him to a 5 year contract for big money.
8E621023-2876-2541-856A-4392C5D0A527

You wouldn't have found those comments coming from me. Campese has had a great season, a bit of a rough patch in the middle but in most games this year, even in our poor team performances, he's been great.

People only really notice if you're winning I find, unless you're an established rep player of course.

Gotta ask dude, what's with the numbers?

TheFrog

Coach
Agreed.

In all honesty, Canberra were given the short straw tonight. The media played them up as invincible favourites.

It's not so much that the media thought they couldn't lose, the Raiders seemed to think they only had to turn up to win, at least early on. The media have been all over the Roosters like a dose of the clap this week too, they are playing the side that finished 2nd, who have likewise been written off by all and sundry. Lets see how they cope with it.

Timmah

Staff member
Whether he is or not, he decided to tell the world that someone snapping their ACL is something he finds absolutely hilarious.
How the f**k would I have known at the time he snapped his ACL? I simply thought it was funny/karma that he went down after the petulant way he carried on during the first half.
Timmah tore an ACL once getting up off the lounge to get a drink. He knows Campos pain.
:lol: A fat joke and a personal attack all at once, classy. Well done on rising above ;-)
Like Benji Marshall? The best players rise to the occasion and Campese is one of them.

Benji awfully inconsistent during the year but when the big game rolls on a la 2005, WC Final and this year he lifts his game.
Marshall lifts for far more games than Campese does IMO.

Agreed.

In all honesty, Canberra were given the short straw tonight. The media played them up as invincible favourites. It would have been so hard for them not to believe their own hype. The Tigers claimed to be injured all week then ran out an almost full strength lineup that looked fit and lasted the whole game with ease.

If Canberra had have known they were facing the team that ran 3rd and beat them twice this season and the line was at 1.85 each they would have probably won.

lol

Campese still out there and it's a much, much different game. It was grossly unlucky, but sh*t like that happens. I don't think you had any chance tbh in that last 20, nothing was happening and you were running out of steam.

But it is what it is, good luck to the team for next week. But please, do not try to be like typical Saints merkins. It's not a good look