What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | SF1 - W4 v L2 | Fri | Raiders 24-26 Tigers | Canberra (CAN elim)

Semi Final Result: Raiders v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
All I know is, may there be no injuries, and the team that wins be at full stength.

Do not want Illawarra having an excuse when then choke.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Well I guess when you support a club that has won f**k all in 43 years and been bailed out 3 (or is it 4?) times, the only option open to you is to detah ride another team.

In terms of who I'd rpefer Saints to aim up against, I couldn't care less. In terms of who I'd normally support in this clash, go the Tigpies.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
tigers line up

Wests Tigers Team
1 Sean Meaney
2 Lote Tuqiri
3 Blake Ayshford
4 Mitch Brown
5 Beau Ryan
6 Benji Marshall
7 Robert Lui
8 Todd Payten
9 Robbie Farah (c)
10 Keith Galloway
11 Liam Fulton
12 Gareth Ellis
13 Chris Heighington
14 Andrew Fifita
15 Bryce Gibbs
16 Simon Dwyer
17 Daniel Fitzhenry
18 Mark Flanagan
19 Chris Lawrence
20 Ben Murdoch-Masila
21 Sam Latu

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=30375

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
First Semi Final
Canberra Raiders (Winner 4) v Wests Tigers (Loser 2)

Friday 17 September 2010, 7:45pm AEST - Canberra Stadium
Referees: Tony Archer and Jared Maxwell; Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Jeff Younis; Video Referee: Bill Harrigan

Raiders: 1. Josh Dugan 2. Reece Robinson 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joel Monaghan 5. Daniel Vidot 6. Terry Campese (c) 7. Josh McCrone 8. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs 9. Glen Buttriss 10. David Shillington 11. Joe Picker 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Shaun Fensom
Interchange: 14. Alan Tongue (c) 15. Trevor Thurling 16. Dane Tilse 17. Scott Logan; Reserves: 18. Travis Waddell 19. Danny Galea
Tigers: 1. Sean Meaney 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Mitch Brown 5. Beau Ryan 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robert Lui 8. Todd Payten 9. Robbie Farah (c) 10. Keith Galloway 11. Liam Fulton 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington
Interchange: 14. Andrew Fifita 15. Bryce Gibbs 16. Simon Dwyer 17. Daniel Fitzhenry; Reserves: 18. Mark Flanagan 19. Chris Lawrence 20. Ben Murdoch-Masila 21. Sam Latu

from NRL Teams - http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20008

Raiders v Dogs Toyota Cup teams - http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20009

Wests Magpies v Wenty NSW Cup teams - http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20010

thommo4pm

Coach
Why would they lie and say the crowd is smaller then it is?

I don't know, but I've been at every Kogarah game for over 10 years, and there is no way that crowd was right on Sunday.
The game against Souths the previous week had over 18K, the final against Manly, the crowd was bigger than the Souths game.
No way in hell it was only 15,500 last week. Somebody stuffed up somewhere.

thommo4pm

Coach
Well done to both sets of fans for getting this game to where it's at in terms of the crowd figure. Excellent result for the game of Rugby League down there.

Jono1987

Juniors
So Saints pull a paltry 15,500 crowd to your 22,000 capacity ground and the Raiders sell out the 25,000 ground in two days and you're putting sh*t on our fans?

No doubt our crowd last week was well sh*t. But please getting told by Raiders fans about attending matches? Go through some of highest attended crowd's this year, seems you're in for a shock.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
gerg, I'd love to know how you can back your claim that Kogarah is a 22,000 capacity ground.

It hasn't held that number of people for a long time.

dragondad

First Grade
And it will be a great sight. There were lots of Tiges fans down there in Round 3, however that was a Sunday and this is a Fri Night.

bmwpower

Juniors
So Saints pull a paltry 15,500 crowd to your 22,000 capacity ground and the Raiders sell out the 25,000 ground in two days and you're putting sh*t on our fans?

the capacity at kogarah now is 18500. and if you have read other posts and threads, there was no way the crowd was 15.k last sunday.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
the capacity at kogarah now is 18500. and if you have read other posts and threads, there was no way the crowd was 15.k last sunday.

Well a lot of us have a hard time believing that. They usually bump up the actual figure not bring it down.

thommo4pm

Coach
Think you'll be surprised with the amount of Tigers fans travelling down on Friday.

I have no doubt mate, Tigers always seem to get a healthy amount of fans at most grounds.
My question was aimed at the Canberra fan who was having a go at Penrith / Saints fans.

Canberra have some die hard supporters who travel everywhere also.
However a lot of this crowd for Saturday night would not have been to many Canberra games this year.

As I've said though, it's good for the game that this game is sold out.

Timbo

Staff member
I have no doubt mate, Tigers always seem to get a healthy amount of fans at most grounds.
My question was aimed at the Canberra fan who was having a go at Penrith / Saints fans.

Canberra have some die hard supporters who travel everywhere also.
However a lot of this crowd for Saturday night would not have been to many Canberra games this year.

As I've said though, it's good for the game that this game is sold out.

f**k me dead you're a child.

It's inexcusable for teams 1 and 2 to not sell out their home finals. We sold it out 2 hours after general public tickets went on sale.

Yeah we don't get these sort of crowds all year - that makes it all the more impressive. Where were the legions of Panthers fans we always hear about.

I take back what I said about Kogarah though - from what I've been told, the crowd was a lot larger that what was reported.

dice

Juniors
Tigers have already lost this game mentally with all their whining about the Roosters and having to play in Canberra.

Paullyboy

Coach
I wish we weren't going in as favourites, having said that we were the better side in the two occassions we played the Tigers earlier this year, so it'll be nice to correct history on the most important game of the lot

Latest posts