What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | SF1 - W4 v L2 | Fri | Raiders 24-26 Tigers | Canberra (CAN elim)

Semi Final Result: Raiders v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rocket

Juniors
It's inexcusable for teams 1 and 2 to not sell out their home finals. We sold it out 2 hours after general public tickets went on sale.

Looks like more inner bowl tickets have just been released so not a sellout yet :) Although it will be by COB today no doubt. Still I heard from some people who lined up that trying to get reserved tickets together for families was a nightmare.

This is the same thing that happened last week for the Dragons game. I went to buy two CAT 1 tickets on the Tuesday but single seats only so bought CAT 3. Check back on Wednesday and could have bough 4 CAT 1 tickets together.

I take back what I said about Kogarah though - from what I've been told, the crowd was a lot larger that what was reported.

Thanks for that. I've been to nearly every Raiders home game this year and can usually pick the crowd to the nearest 1k. Same goes for Kogarah. You just get a feel for these things and know what areas start to fill up or are still vacant with certain crowd numbers. Chances are we'll never know but all I can say is that the ground was fuller than it's been all year and the atmosphere was electric, all the things you want for a final.

This Friday should be the same and I'll be there cheering the green machine on.

bmwpower

Juniors
Well a lot of us have a hard time believing that. They usually bump up the actual figure not bring it down.
have you actually been to a kogarah game when theres 13000, 15000, 18000 crowd numbers. if you have then you would know what the crowd would look like. so please dont say anything unless youve been there

Rocket

Juniors
And now there are grandstand and inner bowl tickets available for this allegedly "sold out" game. Get 'em while you can!

Walt Flanigan

Referee
have you actually been to a kogarah game when theres 13000, 15000, 18000 crowd numbers. if you have then you would know what the crowd would look like. so please dont say anything unless youve been there

I didn't report the crowd figures.

I'll say what I want buddy.

skeepe

Immortal
And now there are grandstand and inner bowl tickets available for this allegedly "sold out" game. Get 'em while you can!

Whilst it says that, you can't actually buy them. If you try it says there aren't enough tickets left in the selected category. Ticketek have a wierd system.

I'm guessing that every so often they get returns from certain allocations such as NRL, club staff etc and are then able to sell them, which is why they keep popping back up every so often.

Raider Azz

Bench
I'll listen to the OFFICIAL crowd figure over a "head count" a couple of Dragons fans did thanks.

I wish we weren't going in as favourites, having said that we were the better side in the two occassions we played the Tigers earlier this year, so it'll be nice to correct history on the most important game of the lot

35-22 and 18-8 hmmmm

You have a selective memory. In the first game the Raiders were absolutely dominant in the first half but woeful in the second, conceding 5 straight tries. In the second game the Raiders forwards clearly had the ascendancy for the majority of the match but the halves lacked the creativity to set up any tries. The Tigers, on the other hand, were making linebreaks at will and would have won by more if they didn't botch so many easy chances.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Interesting to note that a David Furner coached side is yet to beat a Tim Sheens coach side.

Considering it's only his second year as coach it's not that interesting at all.

It's like pointing out that Wayne Bennett has never beaten a David Furner coached side.

Eddie.

Bench
Tigers may as well not turn up the way the media are carrying on. Bit of pressure now on Canberra being $1.50 favourites. Most people are already talking about them playing St.George. A different pressure that might bring a young team un stuck. They deserve their favouritism because of the home advantage, the tigers huge injury toll and the raiders fantastic run of form.

However, I just can't get that first 65 minutes out of my head from last week. Our team played outstanding and should of been up up 30. If we play like that again then I know we can tear holes in the Raiders and surely won't be dumb enough to lose it from in front again. We also have Sheens who has a great record in big games over the years and going down to Bruce of all places won't phase him.

Anyway I think it promises to be another brilliant game. I know we can win it I just worry how banged up some of these players are. Im not sure if half of it is mind games trying to lull Canberra or they are genuinely stuffed and will carry 4 or 5 players half fit, a recipe for disaster. I get the feeling that this side of the draw will produce the premiership winner, be it Saints, Raiders or Tigers. Both sides would fancy themselves against Saints the way they can promote the football and with some history their.

I just hope the men in pink don't play a role again. Jarod Maxwell is a disgraceful appointment and hopefully will control no more then about 2 minutes of the match. You can bet your life we won;t get any change out of him.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Some stats on the referees since everyone seems to be whinging.

Games with Jared Maxwell
Wests Tigers 14 (Won 5, Lost 9) - 36%
Raiders 21 (Won 10, Lost 11) - 48%

Games with Tony Archer
Wests Tigers 36 (Won 13, Lost 23) - 36%
Raiders 25 (Won 8, Drawn 1, Lost 16) - 34%

Neither team gets much change out of either referee - the Raiders have the worst record under Archer of any team still in the NRL, while the Tigers record under Maxwell is better than only South Sydney, who have a record of 1 win and 11 losses with him as referee.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And the skeepe obsession over refs is now so sad he has statistics on his team under each referee :lol:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Some stats on the referees since everyone seems to be whinging.

Games with Jared Maxwell
Wests Tigers 14 (Won 5, Lost 9) - 36%
Raiders 21 (Won 10, Lost 11) - 48%

Games with Tony Archer
Wests Tigers 36 (Won 13, Lost 23) - 36%
Raiders 25 (Won 8, Drawn 1, Lost 16) - 34%

Neither team gets much change out of either referee - the Raiders have the worst record under Archer of any team still in the NRL, while the Tigers record under Maxwell is better than only South Sydney, who have a record of 1 win and 11 losses with him as referee.
And who was that 1 win by souffs against? Yep us.

Maxwell hates wests since the campbelltown incident, he will rape us like hayne did at brcue stadium in 04. 13-2 penalty count or whatever it was.

skeepe

Immortal
And who was that 1 win by souffs against? Yep us.

Maxwell hates wests since the campbelltown incident, he will rape us like hayne did at brcue stadium in 04. 13-2 penalty count or whatever it was.

You have a 2-3 record with him as referee this year. The Canterbury loss you can hardly blame on Maxwell as nobody turned up that night. I think the effect he has on your team is overstated by many of you.

That said, no doubt both teams would have preferred Gavin Badger. Both teams have a higher than 80% record when Badger is a referee.

skeepe

Immortal
Do you also look up how many missed tackles and dropped balls the referees did in each game?

The point I was trying to make is that the referees shouldn't have any effect on the match because they clearly favour neither team.

Favour is the wrong word to use there, I know they don't do it deliberately, I just can't think of a better word to put in its place.

dragondad

First Grade
I think that win/loss records under referees mean nothing.

Also, trying to make out that one referee hates you is laughable.

Latest posts