What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 years on

Southernsaint

Staff member
greeneyed said:
insane..... It happens week after week. Read any column by Phil Gould.... Read any statement from Dennis Fitzgerald.... I mean, do you have your head in the sand?

LOL, the Artless Dodger...

greeneyed

First Grade
I said "over and over Sydney suburban clubs think that they should control what should happen in a national rugby league competition". I have given you obvious examples that happen week after week. Yet now it isn't good enough for you? I have to list an example for every Sydney club for every single week? Come on insane.... admit it, the point you raised was obviously moot.

greeneyed

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
greeneyed said:
insane..... It happens week after week. Read any column by Phil Gould.... Read any statement from Dennis Fitzgerald.... I mean, do you have your head in the sand?

LOL, the Artless Dodger...

It isn't a point that needs dodging. If you people actually looked at what the clubs said constantly without your Sydney Sunglasses on... it would be obvious to you........ The ongoing comments about the Storm being in the competition... who should be admitted and who shouldn't (Central Coast, Gold Goast).... I mean you must really have heads in the turf to not see it........

innsaneink

Referee
Youve given me Phil Gould, who happens to be one of the highest profile league figures in the country, who is on National TV and has a newspaper column, and Fitzy who occasionally comes out with a laugh for everyone.

Its not a moot point, as you have no point, if you had said ........."over and over the Roosters & Gould and occasionally parra think that they should control what should happen in a national rugby league competition"............then maybe you would have a point.
As I said, you generalise.

I knew you would bring up the 16 team point, and on WestsTigers CEO publicly stating his opposition to another team, he is duty bound by Wests and Balmain supporters along with WestsTigers supporters who were assured by the NRL that there would be no more teams IF they merged.
As we all know, we were stabbed in the back.
As for you argument, its hardly WestsTigers telling the NRL what they should do, rather than making their stance public.
Called looking after your own backyard.

Ari Gold

Bench
innsaneink said:
Youve given me Phil Gould, who happens to be one of the highest profile league figures in the country, who is on National TV and has a newspaper column, and Fitzy who occasionally comes out with a laugh for everyone.

Its not a moot point, as you have no point, if you had said ........."over and over the Roosters & Gould and occasionally parra think that they should control what should happen in a national rugby league competition"............then maybe you would have a point.
As I said, you generalise.

I knew you would bring up the 16 team point, and on WestsTigers CEO publicly stating his opposition to another team, he is duty bound by Wests and Balmain supporters along with WestsTigers supporters who were assured by the NRL that there would be no more teams IF they merged.
As we all know, we were stabbed in the back.
As for you argument, its hardly WestsTigers telling the NRL what they should do, rather than making their stance public.
Called looking after your own backyard.

you should be happy your team merged....at least you have a decent team now. If you didnt merge you would be holding the wooden spoon with both hands right now...

mightybears

Bench
champion stuff raider 69
you are the biggest idiot outside the 4 corners threads

you superscum club existed because the sydney comp wanted to expand and your mob wanted in
like illawarra, the knights, broncos etc
like penrith and cronulla in 67

the game expanded to perth and north qld and auckland

and then the ribot morgan broncos decided their whinging had to be rewarded, so uncle rupert starts a comp for his foxtel, broncos hand their soul over to a media group only interested in subs not football

and then your idiot mob join up, great loyalty
your scabs, you'll always be scabs
you posts have indicated you know jack
---------------------------------------------------------

greeneyed said:

The Broncos basically started with nothing more than teams like Easts Tigers and Redcliffe. In fact, they started with less. Don't be so arrogant.

what does that mean?
a private cashed up team [the late paul morgan a stockbroker]
dropped in a city before the advent of pokies in qld
no one else in the brissie comp had money
the red hill scabs had nothing more than easts etc!
what history book are you reading from?

dimitri

First Grade
this topic has gone totally of course

but i think we can all agree

that super league f**ked up expansion (GC, PERTH, ADELAIDE, etc)

f**ked up international league

so what on earth was it that super league was supposed to bring us ?????

Southernsaint

Staff member
dimitri said:
this topic has gone totally of course

but i think we can all agree

that super league f***ed up expansion (GC, PERTH, ADELAIDE, etc)

f***ed up international league

so what on earth was it that super league was supposed to bring us ?????

Super League was nothing more than fodder for Pay-TV. "The Vision" was a con from day one...

Adelaide & Perth have been receptive to League in the past & I'd have loved to see that translate to having a permanent presence in those cities, but the laughable "partnership" put paid to that...

hrundi99

First Grade
Daithi O'Conaill said:
I've always regarded Raiders fans as some of the lowest forms of Rugby League life.

Why? There are thousands of us out there. Do you always judge a large group of people on the comments of a few folks on a website?

Judgmental, much?

Lime Green Scumbags supportive of their clubs Super League stance despite being virtually the only pro-Murdoch club not to have gained from their treachery.

So what does this mean? That the scumbags measure the success of their support for SL on the pain they inflicted on other clubs.

That's a strange perspective to have on the subject.

Perhaps it could actually mean that the Raiders supporters are being more objective about the reality of the situation instead.

A cancer on the game.

That's funny because the game seems pretty healthy to me at the moment.

Record crowds, record ratings, record merchandise sales...

:?

Dog-E

Juniors
Rugby League is on the way back up again...

I don't care WHAT Denis Fitz@rsehole syas...there IS room enough for 2 Rugby codes in this country...one for the pate-sniffing, chardonnay-swilling, 'there to be seen dahhhhlink!' crowd, that don't like to get wet, and only have to clap politely to acknowledge a try, 3-4 times a game at absolute MOST - and one for the rest of us, that revel in a REAL game...If Rugby League disappeard overnight somehow...you would NOT find me at the next Wallabies Test in my tweed jacket...nor would you find me down the SCG in my beanie & scarf cheering on a team whose mascot is...a friggin' SWAN!!! :lol:

Rugby League is my game...always has been - always will be!...There is no substitute! And whatever TV-trash they win the rights to - and think they can then ram down my throat...Neither Rupert Murdoch & Kerry Packer will EVER knock that out of me! :evil:

Onwards & ever upwards we go!...With anoher record-breaking year of spectatorship ahead of us I have little doubt!....And where Rugby Union & AFL go from here...I quite honestly care not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Keep 'International Del' - Continue to drool over what a fabulous player Lote Tuquiri is - we know thanks - he learned his footy craft in the NRL after all!...Take Braith Anasta - who gives a @&*&#??...There's more where he came from on the RL talent conveyor belt! - we're not the ones that need to poach!...And thats a GOOD sign! :D

Front-Rower

First Grade
What gets me is that every one here talks about Super League killing expansion. In a way that is true, however didn't all the Expansion clubs that were set up in 1995 except for the Crushers jump to Super League? And if you go further back, all the expansion clubs from the 80's, except Newcastle, Illawarra and Gold Coast, also jump ship?

I think the clubs the ARL set up hoping for expansion killed themselfs really.

greeneyed

First Grade
No, the ARL insisted that those expansion clubs be closed down as part of the "settlement", so as to protect the Sydney clubs.

dimitri

First Grade
greeneyed said:
No, the ARL insisted that those expansion clubs be closed down as part of the "settlement", so as to protect the Sydney clubs.

bullshit

the arl didnt want to close anyone down

thats ridiculous

the arl had plans for expansion to adelaide and melbourne after already expanding to perth and auckland before super league

ARL didnt want to shut anyone down

SUPERLEAGUE wanted about 12 teams

so they could streamline the game, put every match on foxtel, and not have to worry about it costing too much as they would have cut most the teams

The ARL had already helped get clubs like cronulla out of debt, as well as the GOLD COAST. why all of a sudden would they want to close them down

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Front-Rower

First Grade
greeneyed said:

Yes, so they could protect the 90 years of tradition at the time, and not have the blow ins like your club and the other "expansion" clubs who stabbed the ARL in the back in order for a quick buck, ruin the game.

If you do some research, you will find that not one foundation club, the clubs which provided the competition and the game in the first place ALL stayed loyal. The teams the ARL/NSWRL invited into its competition were the ones who destoryed any chance the game had of going semi-national.

And if you do some more research you can find out some more interesting points on why Super League was started and why it was doomed from a marketing perspective from day one, especially with club logos.

http://www.google.com.au

dimitri

First Grade
Front-Rower said:
greeneyed said:

Yes, so they could protect the 90 years of tradition at the time, and not have the blow ins like your club and the other "expansion" clubs who stabbed the ARL in the back in order for a quick buck, ruin the game.

If you do some research, you will find that not one foundation club, the clubs which provided the competition and the game in the first place ALL stayed loyal. The teams the ARL/NSWRL invited into its competition were the ones who destoryed any chance the game had of going semi-national.

And if you do some more research you can find out some more interesting points on why Super League was started and why it was doomed from a marketing perspective from day one, especially with club logos.

http://www.google.com.au

THATS BULLSHIT

the game was already going national

with GC, Auckland, Perth, and adelaide and melbourne to come in the following years, before super league struck

the only reason why all the foundation clubs stayed loyal was it because it was well known that super league wanted to streamline the comp to about 12 or 14 teams max

(remember: the state of origin intensity every week bullshit)

it was all bullshit, designed to kill sudney teams so NEWS LTD could get RL and \pay less to have all the games on FOXTEL

SL wanted to kill SYDNEY TEAMS

THE ARL DID NOT WANT TO KILL EXPANSION TEAMS (many of which they helped to create)

Of course SL ended up getting their way due to the terrible aggreement that was signed up and the flawed criteria, with 5 sydney teams and illawarra , forming joint ventures

Latest posts