What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$10k fine for Anasta?

Misty Bee

First Grade
BTW, nice to see Wests form a temporary JV with Easts for the 2007 finals just to boo Souths. :lol:

Angry_eel

First Grade
bartman said:
I've played netball, and I've seen just as bad...

Bwaith sounds like he's trying to win the fight with his wit seeing he lost it with his brawn.
what fight but? the guy got king hit for makin a tackle.

lazza

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
You blokes are f**king kidding me, Anasta had every right to say what he did, the ref was disgraceful.

I await Robert Finch's comments - useless turd this guy is, absolutely useless. Bet if next week was a normal round he would be reffing again.

i cant wait either

i would have blown up as well.. i cant believe ppl r saying that he should have just copped it.. he didnt do anything wrong, not much of a grapple in my opinion.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
marshall, it doesn't matter what is done by the ref. On the field, there is a level of respect that must be maintained toward a match official (if you recall Jo-E getting 2 weeks for calling the touchie a merkin last year) - and off the field there's a certain level of cowardice that only Braith would resort to. He should be subject to the same as the coaches would be and a 10k fine wouldn't look out of place.

Timmah

Staff member
Noone's doubting Fa'alogo is a cat, but Braith is a disrespectful twat, and a coward.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It's disappointing the number of people who condone the abuse of a referee. No matter what how bad you think a call is you can't just abuse the sh*t out of a referee. It's not on.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Refs never change the penalty as they work on the theory that if the first offence hadn't happened the second wouldn't have occured.

Only mistake he made in all of it was in sin binning instead of sending him off. Second sin bin was justifies as Anasta throw the first proper punch and after his comments to the ref he was always going to be walking a fine line.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
BTW, nice to see Wests form a temporary JV with Easts for the 2007 finals just to boo Souths. :lol:

It doesn't suprise me because I always thought their fans were a clever bunch..

Carlito

Juniors
Funny this is it wasn't even a grapple :lol:

Braith's face when he got called over to get sent off was priceless. Anyone have a pic of that?

Also LOL @ Richo trotting out the old "he only king hit a bloke because he cut off his oxygen" excuse :lol: :lol: :lol:

OVP

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Fa'alongo should get a ticker tape parade down George Street for that one. Anasta's comments were disgusting, and below the belt, especially toward the referee. I notice Anasta is good at abusing people in the media if he has had an altercation with him. He's a knob. Chooks fans, he is tarnishing your proud club.

And I'd be VERY surprised if the club doesn't cop a big repremand from the NRL for it.

The Return of The Idiot :roll::roll::roll:

Timmah

Staff member
Carlito said:
Funny this is it wasn't even a grapple :lol:

Braith's face when he got called over to get sent off was priceless. Anyone have a pic of that?

Also LOL @ Richo trotting out the old "he only king hit a bloke because he cut off his oxygen" excuse :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. Your English sucks.

2. It was definitely a grapple. He had his arm constricting Fa'alogo's neck. Cummins wouldn't have blown the penalty otherwise.

U-Boat

Juniors
man, that made me laugh.
especially fitzy's comments....

"so you're telling me, next time someone grapples me, i can get up and hit him?"

OVP

Coach
Timmah said:
I would've sent Braith and Fa'alogo. Fa'alogo's actions were deplorable and Braith's grapple tackle followed by his dissent to the ref was worthy of following him.

Very happy the grub got sin binned ten later.

The Return of The Idiot Part 2. Unfortunately, this second idiot never went away. He hangs around here like a pungent stench. So i'll have to rename you, dear Timmah, to The Neverending Idiot.

Choppies

Coach
OVP said:
The Return of The Idiot Part 2. Unfortunately, this second idiot never went away. He hangs around here like a pungent stench. So i'll have to rename you, dear Timmah, to The Neverending Idiot.

:lol::lol::lol:
Gold. Absolute gold.

Carlito

Juniors
Timmah said:
1. Your English sucks.

2. It was definitely a grapple. He had his arm constricting Fa'alogo's neck. Cummins wouldn't have blown the penalty otherwise.
bullsh*t, dozens of those are let go every game.

Also get a life you sad f**k.

BWNB

First Grade
Marshall_magic said:
I agree with this guy, tell me, if you got punched in the head for no reason and penalised would you be p*ssed off as well?

Yes i would be pissed off, but he didnt get punched for no reason. Ansta starved him of Oxygen...I also dont understand what him abusing the ref will do?

Timmah

Staff member
OVP said:

What an articulate and well thought out response. Addressed every aspect of the topic at hand.

Enjoy having NOTHING.

crybabylogo2.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Carlito said:
bullsh*t, dozens of those are let go every game.

Also get a life you sad f**k.

Not my fault if you don't make sense.

Riddle me this, do you think it's ok to abuse referees?