What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | 1st SF | Fri | Sea Eagles 22-12 Cowboys | Allianz

Semi Final 1 Winner: Sea Eagles v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Springs

First Grade
How do cowboys fans feel? I fear what state my tv would be in if calls like that went against the eels in a sudden death final. Anyway, I'm off to join the North Queensland rebellion. No surrender until the terms of 'manly and the video ref wiped from history and never mentioned again' are met.

Lowdown

Juniors
It doesn't matter if Manly were the better team. The game is in disrepute and the result blatantly compromised. It was not a fair contest. End of story.

beave

Coach
We were rubbish in the first 20 mins and then had to play catch up in the last 15.

I don't bag refs much in here but you blokes all saw that shit tonight. Gutted and also pissed off at my own team for coming out at the start so very lacklustre. Another wasted f**king season from us, we will only have a couple more with this squad, if we don't win it soon we never will.

Ianc

Juniors
Words can't describe how I feel. The chance to see if manly played better than us was taken away by the refs.
Gus said that manly looked like a team who expected to win when they were sitting in the dressing room after the game, no celebration just a look of yep we won. After that reffing display, I tend to agree with him. It was probably sorted out under the stands 1 hour before the game.

Peter_phelps

Juniors
As a neutral, only Melbourne and Canterbury deserve to meet in this years Grand Final. All this all Sydney team bullshit seems to be on the cards. It is unfortunate because they will piggy back Manly to another win next week, I have no doubt Canterbury will kick their vendetta ass in the Grand Final if that is the case.

Trentosaurus

Juniors
It doesn't matter if Manly were the better team. The game is in disrepute and the result blatantly compromised. It was not a fair contest. End of story.
This.

The game is played over 80 minutes. There is no way to know which side was better when Manly had such a blatant leg-up from the video ref.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Those refs need to be raked over the goddamn coals. Scum brained piles of human refuse. I can see us magically giving away a dozen penalties next week. I feel bad for the raiders tomorrow night, NRL officials clearly want an all Sydney grand final. Well, screw that, after this games pathetic one sided.favouritism, come on raiders and storm gf.

F##k NRL, f##k the refs, and f##k Sydney.

firechild

First Grade
The tears are sweet.

Seriously the reffing was rubbish but you all cry like it was completely one sided. Did you not see the blatant strip on Taufua which led to the Cowpats scoring off a forward pass?
The Taufua try was a try every day, not only did momentum clearly take him over the line where he grounded the ball but the point of the ball touched the line when he reached out the first time and then got a nudge forward from the Cowpat's defender.
The Oldfield try, I couldn't have awarded, even as a Manly fan and I would be blowing up if I was on the other side of the fence.

As it is, NQ are our bitch in finals footy, we've beaten them in week 1 (2011), week 2 (2012) and week 3 (2007).

bottle

Coach
Too many posts to read but the fact that it took 10 minutes to log onto this place says it all.

Been watching the game for over 40 years. Sickened by that, what a disgrace. Perhaps the worst series of calls I have ever seen in a game of footy. Sack the lot of them.

Toovey has clearly learned from Fulton. Simply whinge and moan to the point that the refs are intimidated.

I don't go along with the conspiracy line, just absolutely shitful piss poor decision making. Unf**kingbelievable.

The tears are sweet.

Seriously the reffing was rubbish but you all cry like it was completely one sided. Did you not see the blatant strip on Taufua which led to the Cowpats scoring off a forward pass?
The Taufua try was a try every day, not only did momentum clearly take him over the line where he grounded the ball but the point of the ball touched the line when he reached out the first time and then got a nudge forward from the Cowpat's defender.
The Oldfield try, I couldn't have awarded, even as a Manly fan and I would be blowing up if I was on the other side of the fence.

As it is, NQ are our bitch in finals footy, we've beaten them in week 1 (2011), week 2 (2012) and week 3 (2007).

Can you please stop comparing the strip that INDIRECTLY lead to a Cowboys try to the two tries DIRECTLY given to Manly from awful decisions. Manly were given 90% of calls tonight. Reverse that and you would be in here whinging to no end.

BDR

First Grade
Just before that strip it should have been a line drop out when Stewart was incorrectly ruled to have caught it in goal, so I don't see why Manly fans are entitled to complain about it anyway.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
The Taufua decision was fair enough, 50/50 and should have been botd. But even I have to question t 2nd one, geez I would be blowing up delux if it was a try against us.
Feel sorry for the cowboys fans to see that against them.
As an eagles fan I am comfortable we did enough to deserve to move onto next week, but that was truly a shit decision....

I haven't seen anything as blatant since that tigers v warriors finals game last year.

They were trying hard for the Tigpies in that game.

Patorick

Staff member
The Taufua decision was fair enough, 50/50 and should have been botd. But even I have to question t 2nd one, geez I would be blowing up delux if it was a try against us.
Feel sorry for the cowboys fans to see that against them.
As an eagles fan I am comfortable we did enough to deserve to move onto next week, but that was truly a shit decision....
x2

Very sombre win.

Latest posts