What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

137: NFT - best and worst thing about your day so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEST - had a good day at work day, and didn;t have to tutor because my student is in Fiji, lucky bugger.

WORST - computer dramas. Over it.

northey

First Grade
BEST: a friend of mine from H&A is now going to my uni, had fun working out we have every lecture/workshop and tutorial together! working on H&A tomorrow and was on H&A tonight... got a hair cut today

WORST: not much really

Alex28

Coach
Best - Finally got my new 'puter - a shiny Macbook Pro. Photo Booth is the most fun ever :)

Worst - Middle Ear Infection :(

astrogirl

First Grade
Best: Chilling out with a glass of red.

Worst: Clear signs I spend too much time looking at computer screens - I got glasses and they have made me realise how bad my eyes have become in the last little while... I look like a nerd with them on!

garden fairy

Juniors
astrogirl said:
Worst: Clear signs I spend too much time looking at computer screens - I got glasses and they have made me realise how bad my eyes have become in the last little while... I look like a nerd with them on!

Welcome to the club, Astro! I've had glasses since high school, and have major problems seeing long distances - I'm starting to have problems because my exisiting glasses are just not strong enough, and I'm worried that if I'm anything like my dad, I'm going to need the Coke-bottle bottoms for lenses.

Best: had a friend come over today after uni and we had a good catch up chat and we've organised a girls night out, which will be awesome!

Worst: Still not feeling well, and I'm really tired and bored.

B-dos

Referee

Hey what a coincidence. I went to the optometrist last week and ive just been told i need glasses too. I also blame the computer screens, i used to have great vision but ive been struggling big time for a while now. Im getting my glasses on thursday i think.

Dilmah said:
What's up?

Ever since I upgraded to Windows XP on my cruddy old computer next week, the damn thing has only worked when it's felt like it. The rest of the time it will boot up and go to the desk top as normal, and then freeze up and do nothing after about two minutes. I'm getting dangerously close to throwing the bloody thing out the window.

BEST - another decent day at work, apart from my Year 8's who are sh!ts.

WORST - found out that an old mate that I worked with at another school died on the weekend. Another one of the world's gentlemen down the drain.:(

~bedsy~

First Grade
BEST:I've been watching all the X files dvd's from season 1, 2 & 3... I forgot how good they were, I'm buying them, but we only have season 1 so far, there cheap at JB HI FI.

WORST: I got more job rejections and it's bloody cold.

TooheysNew

Coach
Ever since I upgraded to Windows XP on my cruddy old computer next week, the damn thing has only worked when it's felt like it. The rest of the time it will boot up and go to the desk top as normal, and then freeze up and do nothing after about two minutes. I'm getting dangerously close to throwing the bloody thing out the window.
The terms 'cruddy old' and 'Windows xp' don't work well together. It probably doesn't have the RAM to run it.

I've got either 128 or 256Mb of RAM... I upgraded from 64Mb a couple of years ago and I can't remember what I upgraded to.

Even if I had 128, shouldn't that be enough?

TooheysNew

Coach
Not really. 128 would be the absolute lowest i'd be comfortable with, and even then it would be freezing and running like sh*te.

What processor speed is it?

Cheers mate... I've been weighing this up for a while and you just made my decision a whole heap easier.

Now you might wanna delete all this... I donlt think anyone else cares about my crappy computer! To anyone who has had to read this, I apologize... I don;t have MSN :)

astrogirl

First Grade
garden fairy said:
Welcome to the club, Astro! I've had glasses since high school, and have major problems seeing long distances - I'm starting to have problems because my exisiting glasses are just not strong enough, and I'm worried that if I'm anything like my dad, I'm going to need the Coke-bottle bottoms for lenses.
I'm having similar concerns! I am seriously regretting getting a 12 inch ibook now - next one I get will be the biggest screen available!!!

B-dos said:
Hey what a coincidence. I went to the optometrist last week and ive just been told i need glasses too. I also blame the computer screens, i used to have great vision but ive been struggling big time for a while now. Im getting my glasses on thursday i think.
Are you going thick nerdy frames or more the rimless look??

I have think nerdy ones - sometimes I like them I guess. But they are a bit inconvenient...

northey

First Grade
BEST: worked on H&A today, had such a great time. Sharni and i discovered one of the jars had mouldy food in it. We opened it and it smelt so bad! Then Trent joined us in making people smell the jar.

WORST: lots of little things

Status
Not open for further replies.