What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Maximus

Coach
It was the govts idea so sure pvl job is to milk them

every club getting 2 million more pa just means every club makes bigger profits and is worth more if they want to sell them

nrl must be one of the few sports in the world where all the clubs make profits

2m pa? Where is the 340m coming from? Not the govt. So the NRL is going to take 34m out of profits to bribe the other teams? That is a horrible result.

If it's from the increased TV deal, they would be entitled to that anyway, and they are likely getting a reduced increase than they would if another Australian team got introduced, since PNG adds no value, and only high costs for production.

Pippen94

First Grade
2m pa? Where is the 340m coming from? Not the govt. So the NRL is going to take 34m out of profits to bribe the other teams? That is a horrible result.

If it's from the increased TV deal, they would be entitled to that anyway, and they are likely getting a reduced increase than they would if another Australian team got introduced, since PNG adds no value, and only high costs for production.

Wait, PNG adds just as much value tv wise as any bid other than Brisbane. Tv/streaming pays for extra game.

Maximus

Coach
Wait, PNG adds just as much value tv wise as any bid other than Brisbane. Tv/streaming pays for extra game.

There is more to the increase in value than just 'I've got an extra game to show'. Also, given the significant extra production costs required for games played in PNG, ch9 and Fox are not going to just accept the extra costs and lose money.

Mate this is a leak and it will apparently be officially announced in September, believe/don’t believe that is up to you.
PNG Independance Day is the day.
I myself think it is a ridiculous decision, it is nothing but a political ploy.
I am just waiting until Team 19 gets approved.
If it is approved then V'landys will go down in history as the biggest dickhead to run a major sport in Australia.

Pippen94

First Grade
There is more to the increase in value than just 'I've got an extra game to show'. Also, given the significant extra production costs required for games played in PNG, ch9 and Fox are not going to just accept the extra costs and lose money.

Lol, how often does nine show warriors games?!

Perth will cost just as much..

Latest posts