What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
Yeh and only 240M from the feds, so less than 600M.

If the tas government wants to spend that money in their state is up to them and the voters, not much i can do from qld about that.
Qld govt was going to spend 3.5 billion on an afl stadium and still might if the govt changes

MugaB

Coach
Especially when things like health, security, education, infrastructure etc. are in need of massive funds.
Then complain to your state body... wtf has png got to with your local council/state not providing you with those things...

shewi6

Juniors
Pretty sure it will be new money to png and reallocating other money they already receive
That doesn't make sense, it is either 60M of new money or they are taking from the aid budget, it can't be both.

If it is a mix then it is still taking money from needed services that they can not provide for themselves, hence the need of aid funding.

Wb1234

Referee
Y
That doesn't make sense, it is either 60M of new money or they are taking from the aid budget, it can't be both.

If it is a mix then it is still taking money from needed services that they can not provide for themselves, hence the need of aid funding.
Yeh forgot to put in not taking from existing aid money

Wb1234

Referee
NRL is making out like bandits from PNG deal anyway..
It was the govts idea so sure pvl job is to milk them

every club getting 2 million more pa just means every club makes bigger profits and is worth more if they want to sell them

nrl must be one of the few sports in the world where all the clubs make profits

RedVee

First Grade
I believe it’s an increase to the already allocated aid money.

I hope the NRL announce the next two teams together. Perth or whoever in first, but work on the ground in PNG to start concurrently for them to come in a few years later.