What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
No I am a true expansion fan, expansion of the NRL,
Not the Perth brigade, or the Brisbane wants a future 7th side to go with the other BRL clubs that barely exist, no I want real expansion, but without the fueds between bids, just line em up and enter thru the pearly gates
This isn't true expansion its true delusion

Centy Coast

Juniors
Apparently the AFL have ruled against a 3rd Perth team and are looking towards Darwin.
Just thought that I would mention this as some people have spoken about a 3rd Perth AFL team in previous threads.

shewi6

Juniors
The government wasting money on everything under the sun is not a valid reason to not be unhappy when they waste it on more stuff.

Especially when it is going to disrupt the bread and circuses that usually distracts us from all the tax we pay.

This is a magnitude higher expenditure than the pacific rugby union teams, 14M over 4 years compared to 60M a year for 10.

Wb1234

Referee
The government wasting money on everything under the sun is not a valid reason to not be unhappy when they waste it on more stuff.

Especially when it is going to disrupt the bread and circuses that usually distracts us from all the tax we pay.

This is a magnitude higher expenditure than the pacific rugby union teams, 14M over 4 years compared to 60M a year for 10.
Tasmanian stadiums is actually more money

Centy Coast

Juniors

But isn’t this money already part of allocated defence funding towards the pacific region and they are just taking a slice from it, the Aust Govt pay shit loads already to PNG.

MugaB

Coach
This isn't true expansion its true delusion
Its a goal... you actually thought png was some pipedream, its just the start, look at how many teams our government sponsors thru the Pacific, they have Tongans and Samoans playing netball and soccer, Micronesia in the last Tokyo Olympics doing God know what, there's no reason Fiji's bid doesn't get looked at if these guys are are willing to fund it

Wb1234

Referee
Pretty sure that stadium is only 240M of federal money, so less.
Anyway look how much of a disaster that has turned into as well. PNG will be worse, political poison.
Two stadiums all up close to 1 billion in state and federal money

shewi6

Juniors
But isn’t this money already part of allocated defence funding towards the pacific region and they are just taking a slice from it, the Aust Govt pay shit loads already to PNG.
I don't remember reading anything that states that, just the argument that australia spends 600M a year in aid already and so 10% of that figure is not a lot in the grand scheme of things.

And if it is coming from money we are already giving them, how is that a good thing?
Taking funding from important services and giving it to a sports team is not a good outcome in a 3rd world country.

Centy Coast

Juniors
It's the bears, location probably Perth... I was hoping Melbourne no.2, but its looking like WA govt is loving the idea... to bad nobody else in Perth is liking bears idea tho
Plenty are in favour of it, many just want a NRL side, they don’t care who with or where from, plenty feel that the Bears are the best fit though, I think you’ve been hanging out with Perth Pirate and Buttwrinkles to much.

Wb1234

Referee
I don't remember reading anything that states that, just the argument that australia spends 600M a year in aid already and so 10% of that figure is not a lot in the grand scheme of things.

And if it is coming from money we are already giving them, how is that a good thing?
Taking funding from important services and giving it to a sports team is not a good outcome in a 3rd world country.
Pretty sure it will be new money to png and reallocating other money they already receive

Canard

Immortal
Tasmanian stadiums is actually more money
The Feds are contributing $250M max to the Tas stadium.

And, yes its a shit idea, but at least its in Australia and will generate some (albiet minor) financial benefit to Aussies.

MugaB

Coach
Plenty are in favour of it, many just want a NRL side, they don’t care who with or where from, plenty feel that the Bears are the best fit though, I think you’ve been hanging out with Perth Pirate and Buttwrinkles to much.
Nope just going off the articles and reports as I see them, the WA premier cook, is hellbent on getting a team, he won't care who it is..

Centy Coast

Juniors

I totally agree with you, this team will be totally reliant on the funding it will receive because they certainly won’t be getting it from club memberships, official licensed merchandise or game day revenue.

MugaB

Coach
The Feds are contributing $250M max to the Tas stadium.

And, yes its a shit idea, but at least its in Australia and will generate some (albiet minor) financial benefit to Aussies.
How's that, I don't think I'm getting a cent of enjoyment out of an AFL team in tassie playing vickykicky

Canard

Immortal

Especially when things like health, security, education, infrastructure etc. are in need of massive funds.

MugaB

Coach
I would say it would be a minimum of 10 years before we see any new team after Team 18.
Grow up

2lS.gif

You said they wouldn't do it, they are most certainly doing it, they'll be another 2 teams after that coz pvl wants a 20 team comp by 2030

Latest posts