What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

MugaB

Coach
My answer is to not let the simpleton running our country f**k up expansion with his daft proposal. China isn't going to invade Australia when America is our ally and has military personnel in the country working with our armed forces. The scaremongering from Labor is racist bullshit like the crap they spouted after WWII with Chifley's "populate or perish" slogan.
KLINK LOGAN.png

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
PVL forcing Perth to take on the Bears would inevitably end in tears.

The only reason you'd do it is to appeal to the boomer audience in Sydney, but the question is, or rather should be, who should be the target audience be if the goal is to build the most successful Perth side possible; the people of Perth/WA or boomers from literally the other side of the country?

If WA/Perth has any pride they'll tell the NRL f**k off if they try to force the issue on the Bears. Don't degrade yourselves out of desperation, if the NRL refuses to treat you with respect take you money elsewhere. You'll be happier in the long run.
Yeah because the Perth Bears don't do both

Bukowski

Bench
I get it. But if it ends up being Perth Bears

- all 12 games in Perth
- Bears operations run out of Perth
- North Sydney presence only for pathways and financial support from the Norths group
- NRL stipulation that the licence is tied to Perth as a location

Would you support them?
I wouldn't change clubs, no.
Now, if the Perth backers have the finances to satisfy the NRL why would they take on another clubs identity and not just set up a feeder system with an east coast club?