What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Pippen94

First Grade
Its always the same crowd, thats what happens when you share a city with 10 other teams only 8972 people live in and support newtown... basically landlocked by rival teams, souths to the east, dragons to the south, balmain to the west, and bears to the north.... same crowd every f**king game

Which club has seen biggest growth in last 20 years??

Perth Red

Post Whore
How were South's or jets created?! In boardroom by businessmen who see opportunity?!
what about sharks and panthers? Do you consider them 'plastic'? New clubs created to take their place in the top tier. You are an idiot. Broncos, Storm, Cowboys, some of the biggest RL clubs in the world.

Pippen94

First Grade
what about sharks and panthers? Do you consider them 'plastic'? New clubs created to take their place in the top tier. You are an idiot. Broncos, Storm, Cowboys, some of the biggest RL clubs in the world.

Penrith was in metro cup playing in blue & white. Don't know about sharks, but imagine started in lower leagues. Never entered league full of players from other side of country too..

The FTA broadcasters use the archaic and soon-to-be outdated 5 metro cities metric and Fox uses subscriptions no matter where they come from. Streaming, which is the future uses the latter model under which RL will do much better provided we negotiate well, which yes, we have always been shit at.
AwFuL has friends in high places. Plus it is "Australian" and existed in all parts of the country long before rugby league existed. Rugby league is competing with rugby union for support from the same demographic. Fumbleball doesn't have this problem.

MugaB

Coach
f**k off, if a club is around for 100 years then it will very much be part and parcel of the fabric of that city. You are measuring newly established clubs against clubs with 100 years of existence. You're an idiot.
Well yeah thats why they are a plastic club, dont worry that the gold coast have had Burleigh bears in their area for around 80 years, but yeah lets instead go with giants, seagulls, chargers and the longest now titans, instead of a local rl team (ala redcliffe promotion)
I dont really care about whos plastic or who isnt, but i think there's too many variables in everyone arguments about which sport brand is plastic in terms of start up... reality is all words are made up, thus everything is plastic, coz it all starts somewhere to become stalwart to newer plastics
YOU'RE ALL FKN PLASTIC!!!! hawhawhaw

Pippen94

First Grade
AwFuL has friends in high places. Plus it is "Australian" and existed in all parts of the country long before rugby league existed. Rugby league is competing with rugby union for support from the same demographic. Fumbleball doesn't have this problem.

Yep, demo's more important to TV. Afl seen as more up market. Team in North Sydney would address this

Pippen94

First Grade
Well yeah thats why they are a plastic club, dont worry that the gold coast have had Burleigh bears in their area for around 80 years, but yeah lets instead go with giants, seagulls, chargers and the longest now titans, instead of a local rl team (ala redcliffe promotion)
I dont really care about whos plastic or who isnt, but i think there's too many variables in everyone arguments about which sport brand is plastic in terms of start up... reality is all words are made up, thus everything is plastic, coz it all starts somewhere to become stalwart to newer plastics
YOU'RE ALL FKN PLASTIC!!!! hawhawhaw

Its true. Some entities are just plastic & some are not. They know it's true coz the label upsets them.

Pippen94

First Grade
I dont know or care... do i have to answer, or can this be rhetorical, so you can seem smarter than me

I don't know about that, but South's went from outside the league to the biggest team in Sydney based on members last I checked. Did so with many other teams in same city to compete with too.

Who was pushing for jets return?!
Are the ppl backing Perth so fickle they want jets & norths fans onside?! No, they see benefit there
If the Jets and Bears relocated permanently to Perth and played all of their home games out of Perth Oval then they might have a case. The fact they're demanding games be played at Henson Park and NSO is why people are against them having any link with a Perth team.

What Manly did to North Sydney is fresh in people's minds, too.

MugaB

Coach
If the Jets and Bears relocated permanently to Perth and played all of their home games out of Perth Oval then they might have a case. The fact they're demanding games be played at Henson Park and NSO is why people are against them having any link with a Perth team.

What Manly did to North Sydney is fresh in people's minds, too.
Fresh like 25 years ago... f**k off you loon

Go back to barracking for a logan hillybilly team you potato counting hick

MugaB

Coach
I don't know about that, but South's went from outside the league to the biggest team in Sydney based on members last I checked. Did so with many other teams in same city to compete with too.
Too bad the Reds and Rams aren't around i reckon they'd have a pretty big following in their respective cities, can blame the superleague fiasco, or moreso the unification of the two comps really, this forum would be talking about expanding into singapore by now had they both stayed instead of garnering all 5 metros, like it was some monopoly train station asset

Perth Red

Post Whore
You do know the NRL is bigger than Sydney dont you?
Only a clueless fckwit would suggest North Beach or South Perth should get the NRl license in Perth because they've been around for 75 years. But there you go, if the shoe fits lol

MugaB

Coach
Its true. Some entities are just plastic & some are not. They know it's true coz the label upsets them.
Labels mean nothing tho, just coz penrith sided with SL doesn't mean they ended up any better off than the clubs who sided with the ARL, but they are labelled that way, redcliffe dolphins may not seem plastic due to them being n the northside of greater brisbane for as long as manly or Parramatta has but reality is, they are not a 1st grade club until this year, so really they are a made up team with no history other the ones we know about from the BRL and QRL, which we don't count, so are they plastic? They are definitely new... they are imitation dolphins, just like the age old dragons question? Are they the same club from 1921, or 1999? Tigers aren't Balmain, so are they the same as the inagural club or are they both newer than the storm who came in 1998 a year before them... are we going off the area/name or the mascot... too many variables..
To be "plastic" is unquantifiable, clubs who have been around for 100 years?, or is the cut off preNRL?

Latest posts