What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

RedVee_8

Juniors
Which book can’t remember we’re I’ve read it

have you read never before never again ?
Certainly have. Also 1/2 way (vol 1 done) of Spirit of the Red V, vol 2 to go.

The Great Grand Final Heist by Ian Heads.
A00893FA-76D5-4EAE-990A-0F2C6C62E6AC.jpeg

I remember we’d have school fund raising days (a little way after the GF) and they’d play the newsreel like film of the previous GF. Remember watching the 69 GF at one of those, I was about 7 or 8 if it was at the beginning of the next year.
I also remember there were quite a lot of South’s supporters at the school of approx my age, and 1 or 2 Tigers. Didn’t the conversations change from the week before the game to the week after.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dolphins are a bigger club than gws gcs and tasmania combined

we could add two more brisbane clubs and none from Perth or adelaide and the gap between us and second place would be even bigger than now
And? afl could have added perth3 instead and it’d be bigger than pretty much any nrl club. But that’s not expansion and growing the game into new markets.
$900mill to $600mill revenue a year. That gap isn’t getting smaller sticking to two states.

Wb1234

Referee
And? afl could have added perth3 instead and it’d be bigger than pretty much any nrl club. But that’s not expansion and growing the game into new markets.
$900mill to $600mill revenue a year. That gap isn’t getting smaller sticking to two states.
Their expansion hasn’t grown their game much at
All

we don’t need to copy a failed model to win

We have more people watching our game tban theirs

RedVee_8

Juniors
Nah haven’t read that book

never before never again was such a good book

that was before my time following the game

my cousin and my mates got me following the dragons for a good 15 years lol

such a shame where they are today
I started as a Saints supporter in the 68-70 period. Don’t remember exactly but around then. Had good times, and some shit times. A lot of shit in the last decade.
you don’t cut n run. But they are wearing me down recently. What’s the old saying… “there’s always next year”

Wb1234

Referee
I started as a Saints supporter in the 68-70 period. Don’t remember exactly but around then. Had good times, and done shit times. A lot of shit in the last decade.
you don’t cut n run. But they are wearing me down recently. What’s the old saying… “there’s always next year”
Harry bath and Billy smith days

saints made a lot of grand finals and lost 85 92 93 96 (if Tallis plays they win) and of course 99

I had a signed photo I bought with gasnier raper and langlands but it got water damaged when I moved house

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I started as a Saints supporter in the 68-70 period. Don’t remember exactly but around then. Had good times, and some shit times. A lot of shit in the last decade.
Wb’s had more clubs Than tiger woods. He’s a self confessed afl fan as well lol

Wb1234

Referee
And? You said they haven’t grown their game since expansion. They’ve doubled their revenue. If that isn’t growth what is?
Inflation isn’t growing

growing would be afl ratings in nsw and qld growing not falling

and their clubs in those states being financially viable

heck the storm are more viable and they don’t need an extra ten million in funding each year

RedVee_8

Juniors
Harry bath and Billy smith days

saints made a lot of grand finals and lost 85 92 94 96 (if Tallis plays they win) and of course 99

I had a signed photo I bought with gasnier raper and langlands but it got water damaged when I moved house
Yes, I remember!
but luckily I was at the 79 GF.
(And 96 & 99) :(

when I was about 8 my Mum got me a hand-me-down Saints jersey from somewhere, with no 1 on the back.
Much later I met Changa and got him to sign a footy card. Met Stoney and he introduced me to Barry Beath (another favourite). Ah, memories.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Inflation isn’t growing

growing would be afl ratings in nsw and qld growing not falling

and their clubs in those states being financially viable

heck the storm are more viable and they don’t need an extra ten million in funding each year
You think a 105% increase in ten years is inflation? Avg inflation rate over last decade is less than 2%. Get your hand off it.

no you’ve picked a single metric to justify your biased opinion. More people watch the game on tv and attend games in nsw and qlnd than they did pre expansion. Fact, just like more people will attend and watch nrl in perth if we ever get a club. Fact,